[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is power metal back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1000x1000.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
Is power metal back?
>>
File: 61UqMcHoGmL.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61UqMcHoGmL.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
it never left
>>
power metal was just created cause heavy metal bands couldnt find anything creative to do and push the genre forward so they stuck to one recipe
this is the sad truth for most of metal genres,thats why there are millions of them

fite me
>>
>>69904615
Genre isn't about pushing forward.
Genre moves forward whether or not you push it.
Let's go bruh.
>>
>>69904661
then i suppose you can tell me how power metal has moved forward
>>
>>69904753
sick burn
>>
>>69904557
The world would go back to normal within a month if power metal and boy bands came back full force to distract the groups of retards currently polarizing the west politically
>>
>>69904753
only if you can tell me why "moving forward" is important
>>
File: 64787.jpg (42KB, 638x339px) Image search: [Google]
64787.jpg
42KB, 638x339px
>>69904557
Yes it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg9ZOyDfYIA
>>
>>69906834
>dude let's rehash the same song over and over
>>
>>69906834
if something is not moving forward its not different
if somthing is not different its not a different genre
its just some cliches in heavy metal mostly made by musicians who cant innovate
>>
>>69904615
But the whole point of a genre is sticking to the same recipe. If they change the recipe, it should be a different (sub)genre.
This guy >>69904661 is a dummy.
>>
>>69907268
the point of a genre is sticking to a NEW recipe
thats what you re missing,power metal is not new in terms of musical composition
Im not saying its bad or anything,but I think we can all agree that you cant find diversity between power metal bands,and you cant name enough differences from heavy metal
>>
>>69907357
>the point of a genre is sticking to a NEW recipe
What new recipe does a post-punk revival band stick to? What about garage rock? Synthwave?

And yes, power metal bands do differ from classic heavy metal, though they're essentially just a branch of early speed metal bands more diverted towards melodicism, as opposed to the harsher side of speed metal, which became thrash.

You wouldn't confuse this with a Judas Priest or Iron Maiden record
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG67LZZpWeA
>>
People listen to this drivel?
>>
Post punk revival is not a new genre,as the name says "revival" indicates bringing an old style that was dead back to popularity.So post punk revival is post punk but more recent
Garage rock is a genre that goes back to the 50s,it is basically what made rock different from rock n roll,different chord progressions,more aggresive lyrics,and it also evolved to punk later
As for synthwave,i ll have to agree,i also dont consider it a genre,since its just soundtrack music

And making music more melodic is not enough to define a new genre,why have power metal when you can just say thrash which originated from heavy,is less melodic than heavy metal in our days

btw if you take away the production differences and keyboard solo,this song had nothing different from heavy metal,same chord progressions same melody same rythm
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.