[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Arctic Monkeys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: arctic monkeys whatever.jpg (199KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
arctic monkeys whatever.jpg
199KB, 1000x1000px
What do you guys think of Arctic Monkeys?
>>
>>69904332
they were only good when they decided to appeal to Americans
>>
The Arctic Monkeys set the British record for fastest-selling debut album of all times (yawn). This new improved version of Oasis and the Smiths debuted with Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Domino, 2006), an album that was impressive for what it did "not" deliver as opposed to what it delivered: it did not deliver a single second of music that people had not heard before. The singles (Fake Tales of San Francisco, From the Ritz to the Rubble, When the Sun Goes Down), and notably I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (2005), mixing a bouncy rhythm with extreme guitar noise or punk-pop and shoegaze, capitalized on the hype created by the generation of Franz Ferdinand. Alex Turner continues the English tradition of the everyday popper that started with John Lennon and continued with Morrisey, notably with emotional closer A Certain Romance. Among bands who do not aim at changing the world but simply at getting rich, the Arctic Monkeys fare pretty well. Brit-pop has done worse in the previous decade.
>>
>>69904332
As mediocre as they can be, but they have a couple of good songs
>>
>>69904332
they dropped 2 headbangers,best albums even today
then they tried weird shit that didnt work out that well
now they made AM which is commercial af and still worse than their 2 first albums,but fairly decent
>>
>>69904332
Suck It and See sucks apart from Reckless Serenade but other than that pretty good
>>
>>69904424
I really liked that album. She's Thunderstorms, That's Where You're Wrong, and Hellcat Spangled Shalalala have a nice vibe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gf-4WFd5fA
>>
I like the song Brianstorm

Pretty sure rest of their discography is garbo
>>
>>69904332
they died with suck it and see, favorite worst nightmare was 9/10 imo
>>
>>69904332
Is that Adam Sandler
>>
First two albums

Rest is not worth it
>>
>>69904332
The only reason the band went to shit is because of the stereotype tumplr fanbace
But seriously is not their problem that they are handsome and attract girls
>>
>>69904332
One of the better rock bands to come out in the last 10 to 15 years. Seems like every album of there's has at least a couple gems on it if not more.
>>
All albums are OK, first two are god tier though.
>>
>>69908023
Better then a lot of bands, most bands have a good album and the rest our just shit. Got to respect consistency
>>
File: SpongebobgoingNUTS.gif (1MB, 234x175px) Image search: [Google]
SpongebobgoingNUTS.gif
1MB, 234x175px
na they're brit-teen wank core. theyre shit and you should get the fuck off this board for even talking about them you NNNNOOOOOOORMIEEEE, fuck off.
>>
>>69907929
you're a faggot
>>
not as good as chilly apes
>>
Great band. Humbug and AM are my favorite.
>b-but they sold out with AM
They've been a pleb band since their first album, pull your head out of your ass.
>>
am is their best work. i also enjoyed suck it and see a bit and think it's sorta underrated. they aren't great and they aren't bad.
>>
>>69907302
Favourite Worst Nightmare is my favorite. Every track is solid and the last song closes it out so well.
>>
They have no important musical nor artistic inputs, they are just another crappy teen-core band normies use to blast their 20$ car speakers with
>>
>>69904332
Qt tumblr girls listen to them
>>
normies have a hard on for AM for some reason

favorite worst nightmare has been my jam since high school

>D IS FOR DELIGHTFUL AND TRYING TO KEEP YOUR TROUSERS ON
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.