[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Is Yoko being a villain the oldest meme in pop music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Yoko-Ono-010.jpg (42KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko-Ono-010.jpg
42KB, 620x372px
ITT: Is Yoko being a villain the oldest meme in pop music?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68
Is this true patrician taste?
>>
she's a hero
>>
>>69903780
Good question and fair answer
>>
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>69903864
She sounds like a retarded asian woman on a rollercoaster

On second thought she sounds like yoko ono on a rollercoaster
>>
no, Yoko is the oldest meme in pop music
>>
>>69903780
>tfw when Yoko inspired John to make the best music of his Beatles and post-Beatles career
>tfw Yoko's Plastic Ono Band is better than anything Paul ever released solo
>>
>>69904560
oh my god
>>
Yoko is the best Beatles related thing to happen to music

I mean, she took performance art to a huge visible spot, helped pioneer noise rock and no wave, screaming in rock music, etc.
>>
>>69904533
the fact that you can't describe her music without pointing out that she's an asian women shows that it's 2deep4u
see >>69905262
>>69905553
>>
Zizek gave a good lecture on the "tragedy of Yoko". He basically explains her as the scapegoat for the beatles not doing something unrealistic and sticking together another 50 years dropping an album every other year. He brings up Mike Love and Brian wilson for a similar phenomenon.
>>
>>69903864
Why are they all dressed like peasants from the 40s?
>>
>>69905934
>Zizek talking about pop music

I need this in my life
>>
>>69905934
I'VE BEEN IN THIS TOWN SO LONG
>>
>>69905898
As if John Lennon had nothing to do with the Beatles breaking up
>>
The more I learn about Lennon the more I realize Yoko is a saint for putting up with his shit
>>
>>69903780
Yoko being a villain is pretty much limited to a subset of Beatles fans, primarily older ones. Other music fans consider a pioneer in some form or another, and everyone else either thinks of her as John's widow (and just that) or don't know/remember her at all.
>>
She's still alive
>>
>>69906340
THAT BACK IN THE CITY
>>
>>69904533
Haha! That's a good one anon, upvote!!!
>>
>>69903864
>0:55
kek
>>
>>69903874
Absolutely
>>
>>69903780
john and yoko are the original memelords tbqh
>>
i always find it weird how reviled she is, but then i guess i've only ever known her as this crazy little old japanese lady and i don't really care about the beatles
>>
>>69909532
like maybe in 30 years our kids will wonder why courtney love is so hated

although i guess there's a lot more video evidence of her being a cunt so maybe not
>>
>>69909560
Yeah but we have video evidence of Courtney Love being a cunt because she actually is one.
Yoko Ono just did things beatles fans don't agree with
>>
>>69905934
Makes sense.
>>
>>69903864
Is this /mu/core now?
>>
>>69903864
This is kind of dumb but not really a good example of Yoko's music. She was hugely influential on a ton of musicians and genres. Avant garde musicians like Residents, Sun City Girls, Scott Walker were all influenced by her.
>>
>>69910751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4
sure thing buddy
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.