[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write songs like Jeff Mangum?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How do I write songs like Jeff Mangum?
>>
Learn a couple of chords and write about incest
>>
just analyze his music, m8. look at his chord progressions (you should know music theory to understand them better), vocal melodies, etc
>>
>>69898894
I was thinking about more like his lyrics
>>
please reponsd
>>
>>69899180
>>69899586
Could Jesus teach people how to talk on water?
Exactly..
>>
>>69899180
TRY READING HIS LYRICS AND LISTENING CAREFULLY

THAT MIGHT HELP YOU

ALSO CONSIDER DEVELOPING YPUR OWN STYLE
I KNOW JEFFS GREAT AND ALL BUT THERES ALREADY A JEFF YOU KNOW

MERRY CHRISTAMASA
HEHE
>>
>>69899180
Jeff is very into surrealist automatism, stream of conciousness So practice just letting things fall out of your brain without effort or thought. It's just a guess but I would think the way he wrote many of his lyrics is by making collages of the best sounding lines that came out of this kind of a process.
>>
>>69899930
Oh and also probably doing some editing to the raw phrases afterwards to ensure rhyming, structure and a loose narrative
>>
>>69899930
thank you for this piece of advice
i really appreciate it!
>>
Try to get a hold of a time machine and go fall in love with Anne Frank
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.