[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow, it's prog that doesn't suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 224x225px
Wow, it's prog that doesn't suck
>>
>>69882297
Because it's not prog, it's hipster shite
>>
>>69882297
can we stop saying everything is prog
>>
>>69882337
>can't call Battles math
>can't call Battles prog
>can't call Battles post-rock

Well what the fuck is it then you cunts
>>
>>69882337
this, please
>>
>>69882352
Indie of course :^)
>>
>>69882352
post-prog desu
>>
>>69882297
mirrored is shite and i love gloss drop
>>
>>69882329
>prog isn't hipster shite
>>
They were never as good as Foals, and the fact that one has faded into obscurity while the other has gone on to become one of the biggest bands around right now is a testament to that fact.
>>
>>69882352
Honestly, Battles sounds like Battles, and that's a good thing. I would call it "art rock" but that's as meaningless as any other label. Maybe post-rock could work too.
>>
>>69882415
i saw foals live in 2013 and immediately forgot what they sounded like
>>
>>69882352
is it lite math rock
>>
>>69882415
Foals are trash
>>
File: tdr-004.jpg (287KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tdr-004.jpg
287KB, 1200x1200px
>>69882460
No, this is Lite math rock
>>
>>69882352
rock
>>
File: cover.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>69882460
THIS is lite math rock
>>
>>69882478
Come back to me when Battles write a song as good as Two Steps Twice or Late Night.
>>
>>69882501
i sure love how cover.jpg brings out the true sound of wannabe math rock, without overstepping their mark and becoming slightly too out there and tryhard. definitely more so than what battles accomplished on their feature record.
>>
>>69882415
>>69882415
foals are garbage.
also this: >>69882438
>>
>>69882415
But Foals is absolutely awful nowadays while Battles keep on releasing decent stuff. And this is coming from someone who has "Antidotes" as one of his favorite albums ever (while having none by Battles in that category).
I think the comparison is not the best one; Foals for instance always tried to make to you dance while Battles are more like "smoke and get into this rhythmic trance" vibe.
>>
>>69882543
it's a good record t b h, reminds me a lot of third adebisi shank with the cheesy electro tunes. there's just something about that which i love.

>tfw subaru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCv84NqZQE
>>
>>69882524
I've noticed there is a small group of really hardcore Foals fans on this board. It is nice in a way that they are dedicated to such mediocrity. Like a strange band of people that will never accept their favourite band had a top 40 hit, and off that released a while plethora of listenable records that weren't diminishing to the genre they were trying to imitate or seemingly make a mockery of.

I mean math rock could be considered one of only a few deplorable genres, but even still. Laughable.
>>
Battles is better than Foals.
Don't know why this is even a question
>>
>>69882627
not heard it or seen it before. my point was you referenced something that was was unknown to me and, i assume, others.
>>
>>69882583
Their last album was their weakest, but still had some good stuff on it. Holy Fire is their strongest, most ambitious record despite how it's hated on this board.
>>
>>69882629
>I mean math rock could be considered one of only a few deplorable genres
Wow, boy.
>>
>>69882524
My favourite on Gloss Drop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQYehZ7qkcw

Listening to those Foals songs just felt like a worse TTNG. This song is goat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc3neciCLxU
>>
>>69882689
Yeah, a good example.
Math rock and trip-hop.
Nothing redeemable.
>>
>>69882665
but.. it's Lite? the japanese math rock band? Not unheard of here on /mu/.
>>
>>69882747
He's a Foals fan, you expect him to have taste?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.