[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In an elaborate ruse, Scholz tricked the label into thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: BostonBoston.jpg (19KB, 318x312px) Image search: [Google]
BostonBoston.jpg
19KB, 318x312px
>In an elaborate ruse, Scholz tricked the label into thinking the band was recording on the West Coast, when in reality, the bulk was being tracked solely by Scholz at his Massachusetts home.

What?
>>
The label would be less likely to release it if they found out it was being recorded by one dude in his basement.
>>
>Walter Murphy's 1976 disco hit "A Fifth of Beethoven" was produced entirely by the artist in his home studio, however the record label insisted for marketing reasons on crediting it to "Walter Murphy and the Big Apple Band".
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Boston [Epic, 1976]

When I heard that someone achieved an American synthesis of Yes and Led Zeppelin, all I could do was hold my ears and say "Gosh." C-

Don't Look Back [Epic, 1978]

Debut pomposities having been excised, what remains is a pure exploration of corporate rock. Brad Delp's tenor being too thin for nasty cock-rock distractions leaves us free to contemplated unsullied form. The guitars are well-received, the lyrical cliches calculated for maximum effect. The fact that I find myself occasionally enjoying it must mean there's still some corruption at work here. True formalists, from Mallarme to bluegrass, leave me cold. B-

Third Stage [MCA, 1986]

Almost a decade later, whatever compelled Tom Scholz to write this album certainly wasn't multiplatinum ambition. He's more like the Pope of latter-day arena rock, constructing elaborate webs of sound and magnificent cathedral vocals as the champion of an art metal thought long extinct. Not as bad as you'd expect, nor worth giving a second thought to. C+

[Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies, 1990s]
>>
>>69879212
>Giving their first album the lowest score
Christgau confirmed pleb
>>
>>69879212
Is this guy the biggest hack alive?
>>
It's pretty well known that DLB was way too short of an album but Epic rushed it out the door. Apparently Scholz planned for a 1981 release date, but that was ridiculously too long especially by the standards of that era when artists were expected to have an album out every year.
>>
Thank God this is the Internet age and not the 1970s when the only source of information on albums were guys like Christgau and his proto-shitposting blogs.
>>
>>69879212
boston are the greatest rock pop band ever shouldn't christgau wank over them? they even sound like the who in their prime which he loves
>>
>>69879212
>formalists
>bluegrass
>>
>>69879416
>one album wonder
About that...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.