[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is this AOTY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1303.jpg (74KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1303.jpg
74KB, 1000x1000px
Now that the dust has settled, is this AOTY?
>>
only white """people""" hate this album, to be honest
>>
>KILL WHITEY over video game beats

no
>>
>>69876655
No, but it's damn near close.
>>
>>69876655
RTJ1 > RTJ3 > RTJ2

2 sounded like an imitation of what made RTJ1 so fun without any of the actual character. The second half of 3 is great but my first reaction is still not as good as 1, but it's a different sound so it may change
>>
>>69878309

i loved rtj1 so much when i first heard it and i really didnt know why but i kind of got old after that first summer then RTJ2 i hated when it came out but now its one of my favorite records. this one i liked more the first listen that RTJ2 which seems insane but idk the beats i liked the least at first are my favorites so either thats this entire record or its not gonna grow on me

also i think the best release between the 2 of them is el's C4C and i think the heavy/ambient low key kind of beats and the sad weird ones grew on me the most and are now my favorite tracks so i could see this very quickly becoming the best its still hard to tell. release the singles is tough for me because they released like the heaviest songs i wouldve rather had those been the surprise and i think my attitude would be different, like how chance released angels and finish line and blessings before the record and those are all the bangers on the record almost which made it an odd listen at first
>>
>>69876655
the beats on this album are such a disappointment compared to RTJ2
it's like they lost all of the energy they had on their last projects and they're coasting through this project
it's fucking anemic
really miffed because I adore RTJ2, and RTJ1 is pretty good too.

Best song is 2100
>>
>>69878387

thats the thing though that might just be because youve had more time with it, when i first heard rtj2 it was too high energy but now its perfect and my least favorite songs at first are now my favorites, i predict the same thing will happen with this as it is exactly what happened with their other 2 records and they 2 dudes havent put out a bad record in a long time (counting RAP music and C4C)
>>
>>69878387

i also think that very quickly the first 5 tracks will go from being my favorite to least favorite in the next 2-3 weeks
>>
>>69876655
Not even hip hop AOTY
>>
>>69878387
This. RJ2 and 1 at least had a few good beats. Its really amazing how much EL-P layering can still add up to nothing.
>>
File: 1482544064701.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1482544064701.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>69878309

I haven't listened yet, waiting for money for green to catch up on music but I want to add something.

MTJ > RTJ2 > RTJ
>>
>>69876655
I listen to hip hop only for beats, don't care about the lyrics, should I check this out?
>>
>>69876655
this is a joke right? it dropped last night
>>
>>69878387

RTJ2 had the weakest beats for me. Something about that album doesn't sound as dystopian/futuristic as the other two.
>>
>>69876655
This came out yesterday?
>>
>>69878516
it's el-p..so yeah. listen to call ticketron and if you don't like that beat, don't bother
>>
>>69878516
yes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.