[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judging from the top 50 list. Is pitchfork cucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 6DxJO5o0.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6DxJO5o0.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Judging from the top 50 list.

Is pitchfork cucked?
>>
What does cucked mean?
>>
>>69867858
I don't understand. Do they have cuck fetish music in their rankings? Is that even a thing?
>>
>>69867891
it means to mimic a duck during mating season
>>
File: 1475209683523.jpg (27KB, 565x596px) Image search: [Google]
1475209683523.jpg
27KB, 565x596px
I've followed this website since 2010, almost 7 years of my life.

Almost every day I check their site around 10'o clock, just out of habit at this point. Even if I'm busy or not near a computer, when 10 comes around I think, "Oh hey, that's when pitchfork puts out reviews."

I know the scores of most of my favorite albums, of albums I hate, of all the big releases. I could name the top 10 of just about every year I've followed, and of decade lists they've done, all kinds of stuff. I always submit my list to the readers' poll, especially that big one they did of the 2000s.

The site has long since ceased to be good. I probably started to hate it somewhere in 2013/2014. But still I've kept this ritual.

Why? Why have I done this? Why waste any mental energy on this site which has clearly gone down the tubes entirely in quality, if they were ever actually good?

This is somewhat of a wakeup call, /mu/. How did I get to this point? I feel like I'm waking up from a long dream, like I slept through the last 7 years.

Surely I can't be alone in this. Does anyone else know what I mean?
>>
>>69867919
I know what you mean. I rarely read the reviews anymore. I just go on the site to see the latest and hottest music news. Everything else on the site is trash.
>>
>>69867919
I have the exact same feels but with /mu/

Holy shit you're right it's been nearly 7 years.........
>>
Anthony is more cucked than p4k desu
>>
>>69867903
It's pretty prevalent.
>>
>>69867858
I think their list of the best albums from 2016 was a really forced way to say:

"WE ARE REALLY PROGRESSIVE, JUST CUZ TRUMP WON THAT DOESEN'T MEAN NORTH AMERICA IS BAD!!
WE LOVE BLACK PEOPLE MUSIC XD IS VERY DEEP IF U KNO THE BACKSTORY FROM THESEBLACK ARTISTS"
>>
>>69867891

He was triggered by an online music blog picking an album he didnt like for AOTY
>>
File: 1465681671877.jpg (52KB, 732x590px) Image search: [Google]
1465681671877.jpg
52KB, 732x590px
I'm your own personal cuckhold /mu/.
>>
someone please cuck me
>>
>>69867858
Yeah. You just finding out?
>>
File: Sean O'Pry.jpg (66KB, 532x650px) Image search: [Google]
Sean O'Pry.jpg
66KB, 532x650px
>>69868051
Your wish is my duty.
>>
>>69867919
This has been happening since 2004 at least. And music forums have had pitchfork hate thread since the late 90s.

Sorry, special snowflake, this isn't a new thing.
>>
Pitchfork is like SNL.

Everyone thinks old SNL is better, no matter what generation youre in. The people reading pitchfork in the early 2000s thought it was better in the late 90s. The people who read it in the late 2000s thought it was better in the early 2000s. People in the early 2010s thought it was better in the late 2000s.

And here we have a thread in the late 2010s talking about how much better it was in the early 2010s. The cycle continues.
>>
>>69868250
Honestly, I think it just has gotten worse. Their reviews used to be really enjoyable.

>http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/2338-emergency-i/
>>
>>69868250
the thing is SNL and Pitchfork both appeal to stupid people
they've actually both always been shitty
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.