[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Half is Aphex Twin is rip-off >The other half is MBV rip-off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Cover.jpg (207KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
207KB, 1000x1000px
>Half is Aphex Twin is rip-off
>The other half is MBV rip-off

why is this acclaimed?
>>
>>69866643
because thousands of people have enjoyed it, just like your mom's gaping asshole
>>
>>69866643
Look at the two artists you listed then slap yourself for asking that question
>>
>This album effectively blends two artists that lead their respective fields that are vastly different.
>therefore it is bad
Worst opinion I've seen in a while, desu.
>>
>>69866643
You have zero taste to think this album is anything short of a masterpiece.
>>
You guys are being messed with jfc it doesn't even sound like Aphex Twin
>>
>>69866643
>not loving Aphex Twin and MBV
>not appreciating the meld of the two
there are other things about the album to complain about but "rip-offs" is definitely not one of them
>>
>>69866873
desu I was hoping there was an Aphex Twin song that sounds like Tekka that I just missed
if there is, lmk
>>
>Half is Aphex Twin is rip-off
>The other half is MBV rip-off

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Thats all Ive ever wanted
>>
Man you're basically saying all shoegaze ever = mbv
And you're saying all IDM ever = aphex twin
Go fuck yourself and stop listening to mucore exclusively
>>
It sounds literally nothing like aphex and only very occasionally like mbv

moreover it consistently sounds quite a bit like stereolab so idk why you wouldn't bring that up in your weird attempt to bash it
>>
>>69866643
faggot
>>
The IDM parts are nothing like Aphex Twin
>>
>>69866879
what's there to complain about this album?
>>
Sounds more like Stereolab to me.
>>
>>69866890
Just check out Autechre tbhq
>>
>>69866643
sept is the only good song
rest is trash
>>
>>69866643
let's pretend that what you said isn't completely bullshit. So now we're left with an album that manages to successfully transition from glitchy IDM to shoegaze without anything feeling too out of place. I think that's pretty cool. That's without mentioning the jazzy parts or the fact that it's not actually a ripoff.
>>
>>69869809
a lot of the IDM sections are too meandering and seemingly goes nowhere, making the 75 minute length seem like it's too long
doesn't really meld the two genres together, instead it just flips back and forth between them. this might be a plus for some people but I was disappointed
>>
>>69871900
wrong
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.