[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

music sorting and autism general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1455214799704.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455214799704.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
feat. ft. or Feat.? Hip Hop or Hip-Hop? Discuss minor details nobody gives a fuck about here.

If I'm downloading CD rips with .cue and .log files, but renaming and retagging the files, am I negating the point of having the .cue and .log files?
>>
/mew/ /moo/ or /emm you/?
>>
>>69866289
i dont care what the feat is as long as it's in the title id3 tag and not the artist

also i dont ever bother with cue and log files

>>69866301
mew
>>
>>69866301
mew. as in mew(mu)sic
>>
File: 1478493797709.jpg (392KB, 1774x1774px) Image search: [Google]
1478493797709.jpg
392KB, 1774x1774px
>>69866289
>tfw used to be super autismic about album art / folder / file naming and sorting. Everything was perfectly arranged, knew where every file was, peace and prosperity swept through the land
>tl;dr ended up with just one backup of this library
>Foolishly wiped my main install relying only on back up of this sacred catechism of categorization.
>fuckin of course the drive my backup is on fails, and fails hard. No file recovery software can make any sense of it. The records were lost to the mists of time.
>A time of darkness followed, with my life feeling lost and absent of any structure.
>Ended up recovering files through online backup. Nothing is arranged. Filenames are fucked up. Triage the wounded, clean up the shit that matters and throw it all into a big stupid folder called G:\Media\Music.
>That's how it's been ever since.
>but one day I found an playlists file from Winamp. Now I have a map. I don't have all of my files arranged, but I have the clues I need from an earlier time. I'll be able to rebuild everything, just as it was.
>but lol fuck that I'm too lazy now and really don't give a shit
now I'm like a fucking slob :(
>>
>>69866429
Dedicate a few days to downloading everything in the highest quality you can, it's calming and lets you take shit you don't listen to anymore out.
>>
Keeping (Bonus Track) in titles, y/n?
>>
>>69866626
Yes for sure
>>
>>69866626
I think if you give a shit enough you're gonna remember which tracks are bonus and which are standard
>>
File: music.png (500KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
music.png
500KB, 1920x1041px
>>69866626
I stick bonus tracks in a separate disk like so

also rate my setup
>>
>>69866289
Tag OCDer here. Whatever the record titles use. This question is not difficult.

Cues and log a shit.

also
>listening to music with "features"

Ask another question.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.