[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on The Who?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on The Who?
>>
The Who?
>>
Literally who
>>
Live at Leeds is their magnum opus
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DauZi0rmf4c
>>
underrated on /mu/, overrated everywhere else
>>
itt dad jokes
>>
>>69865177
itt dad rock
>>
>>69865256
Go fuck yourself you chicken shit nigger
>>
>>69865099
I know a lot of people really like The Who, but they sound super generic for a rock band and I just can't get into them.
>>
I saw The Who with the old man on their 50th anniversary tour, Daltrey's voice held up better than expected.

Also, they were my favorite band in highschool by far.
>>
>>69865099
They invented Power Pop, and that alone makes them fucking brilliant
>>
>>69865153
>>69865256
>>69865502
t. plens

Entwistle was the bass god, Moon was the most interesting drummer in rock tho not objectively the best, Daltrey had a great voice, and Townsend as a songwriter was right up there with McCartney, Wilson, or Davies.
>>
>>69865576
>Entwistle was the bass god
examples?
>>
>>69865631
https://youtube.com/watch?v=H2h1MY70uag
>>
>>69865631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKeZ1z8zGk
>>
File: townshend.jpg (131KB, 620x723px) Image search: [Google]
townshend.jpg
131KB, 620x723px
>>69865099
HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD
>>
>>69865631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dsyo2Ox-0
>>
>>69865137
THIS
>>
Sell Out to Quadrophenia was a great streak
>>
>>69865502
Gotta listen to their albums as a whole and not just singles. Quadrophenia and Tommy are great concept albums.
>>
Everything up to 1978 is GOAT.
They should've just called it a day after Keith passed away.
>>
>>69866677
nice digits
>>
>>69867343
I agree. The post-Keith material blows. Problem is that The Who were all about being mad and wanting to take on the world. Pete Townshend's increasingly relaxed, mellow songwriting as he approached middle age just didn't "fit" the band's style and image anymore. Face Dances for example is full of material that should have been on a Pete solo album. He tries writing delicate, introverted love songs and Roger can't sing them in a convincing manner. He resorts to his natural "Captain Arena Rock Stud Muffin" mode which doesn't fit. The best songs on the album are John Entwistle's simply because dumb, loud buttrock was his specialty.

As for It's Hard...wrapper for a hit single. Daltrey even said that the rest of the songs were trash that should have never been put on a Who album.
>>
>>69868110
A lot of people said Kenney Jones was shit and a boring drummer, although in his defense, his minimalist style suited the kind of songs Pete was writing by the early 80s far better than Keith Moon did.
>>
>>69867343
Everything up to 1973 is good. Should have just stopped with Quadrophenia.
>>
>>69868110
at least they stopped making albums after It's Hard
>>
The Jam were better
>>
>>69868110
Reminds me of Aerosmith and their glut of ballads on the 80s-90s albums. Steven Tyler should have just put that shit on a solo album.
>>
>>69865508
It's too bad that Roger really peaked as a singer in the late 80s long after they'd stopped being relevant.
>>
>>69865502
They were a live/jam band first and foremost. You want to look at some live concert footage/bootlegs to really appreciate them.
>>
>>69865576
>>69865502
Pioneered arena rock, the concept album, use of synths in rock compositions, punk/grunge, and more. Pete was also one of the best rock lyricists of his era.
>>
Also in their prime they were absolute demons live.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.