[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you like this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

No matter how many times I listen to it. I just can't get into it. Explain to me why this album is critically acclaimed
>>
For me it has to do with the very catchy rhythm with a very underlying melancholic songwriting to most of the songs. Especially songs like Obstacle 1/2, and the more experiences I have with women the more I connect with the album.

So maybe the reason you can't get into it is that just that you're a virgin?
>>
File: 20161224_052608.jpg (553KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
20161224_052608.jpg
553KB, 1280x852px
>>69857706
I'm married ;~(

I really like obstacle 1 but the rest of the album especially the song after obstacle 1 is almost unbearable.
>>
>>69857778
I think the album might be meant for folks who wouldn't wear a scraggly shit beard to their wedding day.
>>
>>69857618
its a piece of art
>>
>>69857803
That explains it. Thanks SENPAI.
>>
>>69857618
First 3 three songs are 10/10
rest is just okay and you'll have to be like this fag>>69857706 who attaches his own real life problems to an album to like it further

check out other post punk like the chameleons
>>
>>69857803
damn what a burn
>>69857778
you really don't look like a guy that would enjoy Interpol. Go snuggle to Sufjan or whatever.
>>
>>69857618
>Stella was a diver
Interpol reminds of a band called Translator that was way ahead of their time and deserved more.

Musicianship and composition is top notch. Banks' singing has an indefinable quality to it that just seems to fit that of a storyteller.
>>69857706
>very catchy rhythm with a very underlying melancholic songwriting
Yeah, it's a good description.
11/10 album.
>>
>>69857618
One of my favorites. Nothing to do with my actual life, besides the fact that I'm depressed and a sad album works very well (bu that's not the only sad album in history). Also, this is the perfect description:
>>69857706
> (...) Very catchy rhythm with a very underlying melancholic songwriting...
>>
This was my favorite album in highschool. First album i really got into. I still come back to it sometimes after all this time and find it pleasing. I like the consistent atmosphere and aesthetic of the album. I also like the tasteful guitar work. None of the guitar is particularly complex which allows them to put a better focus on songwriting. That's what really gets me about this ablum is the songwriting. It is pop friendly enough to be accessible but a lot of the tracks also have an unconventional song structure especially in the later half. The track listing on this album is also effective because all the poppier tracks are towards the front with the weirder tracks at the end giving you a sense of diving into something gloomy.
>>
>>69857706
i'm a virgin and it's one of my favourite albums of all time
>>
the songs are great pop songs
>>
>>69857618
Breakup concept album
>>
I know that feel m8. It's my least favourite Interpol album after Lights then El Pintor.

I think you have to look at it in historical context, I listened to Nevermind that way and it did blow my mind. But it's hard for me to imagine a world without post-punk so I have trouble doing the same for this album.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.