[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: ur thoughts on Die Antwoord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Tell me /mu/
>>
bae make good fuck
>>
>>69854476
I watch their videos ironically and I'm never really sure whether I like them or not.
>>
I admire their art asthetic but their music sucks
>>
I really like them I think they're awesome! not always in the mood tho and i havent like listened to their records as records or anything but i everytime i hear them im like 'fuck yeah'
>>
That free Suck On This mixtape they came out with earlier this year is the best thing they've ever made by far.
>>
They're meh.
Waddy is better by himself, Constructus Corporation being his best work.
>>
>>69854628
Yolandi was involved with Constructus Corporation too. Though I think Waddy was more the head of that but I think he's said Yolandi was more in charge for Die Antwoord, at least for the concept.

I want to see what they do after Die Antwoord ends after the next album.
>>
Op here, they've really make me think about depth in lyrics and music in a different way, I mean, they (DA) are very raw and honest, and their lyrics are usually very superficial, but at the end of the day, a lot of "deep" songs are just instincts with make up if not all, it's a stupid effort to please their ego for me.
>>
i love their concept and characters they've created, but their music is pretty hit or miss

also yolandi does not get enough credit for how good of a rapper she is. i never see her mentioned when people list great female rappers
>>
>>69854654
I like her bits on Constructus Corp. and how character-driven the whole thing is.
And yeah, I could see her coming up with most of their songs.
>>
shit
>>
lame
>>
>>69854595
this

ugly boy is the only good song and that's because it's all aphex twin samples
>>
>>69854476
Could not have an opinion obviously...Because they are not artists.
Their music sucks.
>>
I like Yolandi's tummy
>>
My sort of guilty pleasure but not still a guilty pleasure. Hard to describe
>>
Garbage
>>
>>69854476
Absolutely dreadful and regarded as sub-par filth only listened to by uneducated fuckboys in their home country.

>t. A South African

(Btw Die Antwoord is pronounced "Dee Untvoort")
>>
>>69856909
Well, at least they're not as kak as Jack Parow.
>>
Waddy Tudor Jones is possibility one of my favorite personalities of the modern time. I love all of thenprojects he's attached to and his narrative is insane and loaded with internal references. There is a central arch through everything they do and I'm entranced by their story.
>>
I could listen to them if Yolandi's voice wasn't so high.
>>
>>69854663
>they (DA) are very raw and honest
But, they're just pretending though

I listen to them the same way I'd listen to Steel Panthers.
Musically, I don't find them as awful as people say. I also think their Afrikaans accent is awesome.
It's bad taste music, but I love them anyway.
>>
>>69854476
Love these guys. They got even better when I became friends with this dude from South Africa who explained Zef and their Afrikaans lyrics to me.
Really curious to hear what their plans are once Die Antwoord is over.
>>
>>69858304
>once Die Antwoord is over.
Are they really over? I thought it was a misunderstanding.
>>
>>69858329
They did say some "Die Antwoord will never be over" sort of a thing, but I think that's just them saying the spirit of Die Antwoord won't just die.
I took it as them going on to a new sort of project. I think they're both interested in film after they CLEARLY ran the show on Chappie.
>>
>>69854476
Hate them. Maybe ive only heard like 2 of their songs, but they left a very bad taste in my mouth. Like some crack niggers decided to try and make music with their 2 remaining undamaged braincells.
>>
>>69858355
Neil Blomkamp worked with them on writing for their characters but they had had hardly any creative input. Ninja was a little bothered by how much of a dick his character was but accepted it after seeing the final cutnof the film.

There's supposed to be a Die Antwoord film and that is the climax if this endeavor. Waddy has been planning something new that they will work on after this, continuing their narrative.
>>
I think people like them ironically like Bjork, Beyoncé, Lil B, and Rae Sremmurd.
>>
File: yolandi.gif (480KB, 250x378px) Image search: [Google]
yolandi.gif
480KB, 250x378px
>>69854572
exactly same
also yolandi confuses me sexually
>>
File: W O W.jpg (84KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
W O W.jpg
84KB, 495x500px
Going to a Die Antwoord concert? No why would I eve-
>>
>>69858813
i want to bottle that fuckhead
>>
Wadfy Jones is great and their last album was actually pretty good but Die Antwoord will never be as good as The Constructus Corporation or Max Normal
>>
>>69858877
Fucking edgy retard, Yolandi is gorgeous
>>
>>69859653
bump
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.