[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are not a real listener or music aesthete if you:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: front_facing_pepe-3230.gif.jpg (131KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
front_facing_pepe-3230.gif.jpg
131KB, 499x499px
Shuffle songs.
Don't listen to albums in full.
Take spotify recommendations.
Listen to curated playlists.
Only listen to music for studying or exercise.
Only listen on headphones.
Don't own a stereo system.
Only have apple earbuds.
Listen to music on laptop speakers.
Don't understand music theory at a basic level.
Can't play a single instrument
Don't own any physical albums.
Don't adjust treble and bass for every album.
Follow billboard/ iTunes/ pop charts.
Are only exclusive to a certain era of music.
Only listen to music that has singing.
Don't understand the difference between Stereo and Mono.

If any of these apply to you please get the fuck out of /mu/ and get back to your sugar pop radio.
>>
nice opinion bud
>>
Damn I was safe until the last item
>>
>>69847610
great post buddy
>>
>>69847610
I have yet to find an album that doesn't have at least one bad song. Listening to songs in the same order every time gets really boring eventually and makes me enjoy the music less.
>>
>Don't adjust treble and bass for every album
hmm
>>
>>69847610
>adjusting treble and bass for every album
i mean i can understand it for some albums, but why fuck with the album if its already ben mixed by people who actually know what they're doing
>>
>>69847610
id like to add if you use a bluetooth device then you are also not worthy
>>
>>69847958
every album is mixed in different methods. Your speakers or headphones can accommodate the engineering to the best precision if you adjust for each listen. Cmon now pleb go back to equalizer potty training.
>>
also:
the belief that all art is of equal worth
>>
>>69847610
bump
>>
>>69847985
>he has shitty driver and build quality so he justifies not tuning his chinkshit tier headphones
kys chinkshit shill
>>
>>69847610
>Only listen to music for studying
How the fuck do people even do this? It just fucks with my focus completely.
>>
>>69848075
Put on an ambient album or something. That will probably work.
>>
File: Ambient 1_ Music For Airports.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ambient 1_ Music For Airports.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
>>69848075
>>
>>69848000
who tf believes this?
>>
You are not a real listener or music aesthete if you:
Use pepe to assert a point
>>
File: The Wall.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
The Wall.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>69847610
I listen to this on shuffle on the time how could playing the songs in different order make someone less of a listener. I mean why wouldn't you?
>>
>>69847610
>Don't own any physical albums

Why? This doesn't change the sound, poseur
>>
>>69847816
This,

However, shuffle and playlists as mentioned by op are inferior methods of music culture because you end up just listening to the top 3 songs of an album and never hear the rest of it. I'm guilty of this, I always liked 'jigsaw falling into place' but after forcing myself to listen to the full album I realised its not even in the top 3 of In Rainbows, which I couldn't identify on the first listen of the album

Songs and albums need multiple start to finish playthroughs to fully appreciate although like a good book its hard to commit that sort of time if you are unsure whether it will be any good. I dont know if its just me but one of my biggest shortcomings is becoming stagnant with the songs I know and not fully listening to a bands album or content just because it requires effort to venture into the unknown and I have to say most of the time I get disappointed, although the times when you find pure musicianship gold are fantastic.
>>
>>69848134
your just gasping for breath
>>
>>69847610
>Only listen to music for studying or exercise.
Guessing you don't do much of either OP
>>
>>69848178
>Only
read carefully pleb
>>
>>69847610
>Take spotify recommendations.
>Can't play a single instrument
>Don't adjust treble and bass for every album.
these are the only ones i'm guilty of
>>
>>69847610
I'm all good except for
I feel like not only is that pretty tedious and autistic, but I also believe in listening to the music in the way that the artist intended on the listener hearing it, because that way the message is conveyed as clearly as possible. Those're my rules, and if you don't like it, sorry, you're not me. I just believe in interpreting the music's message the way it was intended on being interpreted.
>>
>>69847610
Typical fucking pleb who only knows these two terms when it comes to audio.
>>
>>69847610
you're right op I am not a music athiest
>>
>Don't understand the difference between Stereo and Mono.

wait what. some of this stuff I can understand from people, but who doesn't know this?
>>
>>69850751
people with one ear
>>
>>69847610
dumb frogposter
>>
>>69847610
audiophaggots are the worst
i bet you unironically listen to steely dan
>>
>>69847610
i do all of this
ur still wrong tho
>>
You aren't a real music listener if you must follow an arbitrary set of rules made up by an anonymous poster from a Vietnamese image board to feel like you are listening correctly.
>>
>>69847610
agree but I'd never admit to it, my friends and gf would call me am elitist cunt
>>
I listen to music ergo I am a music listener.

Shit thread.
>>
File: 1476972027877.jpg (32KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1476972027877.jpg
32KB, 500x380px
>>69847610

ok lol
>>
>>69847610
good to know im safe. thanks buddy
>>
>>69847610
what an embarassing person you must be
>>
>Only listen on headphones
dont use shit headphones
oh you dont like the mix the artist intended for?
>Shuffle songs.
explain this one
>>
desu i entirely agree with all of these things
>>
>>69847610
Holy fucking shit dude
>>
most of these are good except the ban on shuffling songs and the requirement to adjust treble/bass for every album. both of those are retarded and detract from certain types of listening experiences. but all the rest are true. if you fall under any of those other ones you don't know shit about music compared to people like me and OP. especially the theory and instrument one. if you don't play an instrument or know basic theory you don't know shit and don't talk about bands like you do lel
>>
2 out of 17, still consider myself a music enthusiast
>>
>>69848114
>>69848109
Not the guy you responded to, but I still couldn't listen to music and study when I was in college, even if it was some soft ambient shit. If I was just writing some bullshit paper, then yeah, but I was also high or drunk too.
>>
>>69847610
i'm good except for the shuffling part :-(
>>
>>69847610
Fucking around with bass/treble/tone/eq simply shows that you for some reason think you can do a better job with your limited controls than the guy who was paid to do the mastering with his fucking expensive studio equipment.
If the album is poorly mastered then maybe its a shit album to begin with, but if your system even has bass/treble controls then it's kind of a hint that you have a shit tier system to start with. Step it up.
>>
>>69847610
Well, looks like I have to leave this board now.
Goodbye, my comrades.
>>
>insisting on listening to albums in full

Christ, not everything is a prog rock opera concept album
>>
>>69847610
but spotify just recommends similar artists to what you listen to already
there's literally nothing wrong with spotify recommendations
>>
>>69857127
>the guy who was paid to do the mastering with his fucking expensive studio equipment.
I'd agree with you if you hadn't said this. I could do a much better work than that dick Vlado Meller.
>>
>>69847610
No joke, the Spotify reconnection algorithm is actually really good
>>
>>69847610
this is entry level bait and your all falling for IT
>>
>>69857237
What if I'm counter-baiting?
>>
>>69857251
More like masturbaiting LMAO
>>
>>69847610
Except for that one everything else indeed makes you a turbo pleb
>>
File: 1475346967891.jpg (7KB, 145x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475346967891.jpg
7KB, 145x225px
Haha, elitists when will they learn
>>
I'm sure one day a woman is going go fall in love with me after she listens to the playlist that I made her.
>>
>>69847610
I literally don't do any of those things

this is stupid though
>>
>>69847610
I'm versatile baby
>>
its really not conceivable that you re not a terrible person
>>
>>69847610
Poor fag reporting in
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.