/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honsetly, how the fuck did P4K give Solange the #1 over Frank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: frankshouldhavewon.png (335KB, 632x319px) Image search: [Google]
frankshouldhavewon.png
335KB, 632x319px
Honsetly, how the fuck did P4K give Solange the #1 over Frank Ocean? I liked the album, but who the fuck actually thought it was better than Blonde? They even rated it lower in their initial reviews.

Hate to sound like one of those guys, but P4K are a bunch of cucks and gave her AOTY out of pity because Hillary lost the election, and women needed to win the year somehow.

Fuck you pitchfork
>>
>>69834091
>caring about p4k
>getting angry because someone else's opinion is different from yours
>>
>>69834091
Because black womyn are more oppressed than black gays
>>
>>69834099
This

Why does it matter what someone else/ a group of people think bruh
>>
>>69834091
Solange lol
She'd be like the 5th best Disco artist in 1974 but this year shes the goddess of music, yeah, all right.
Nah, OP is right to be upset.
>>
>>69834099
this.

Don't take things so personally OP. So you like Blonde better, who gives a fuck
>>
>>69834091
blonde garbage frank ocean garbage
le change pitch of my super emotional songs le so artistic
heh, more like autistic
>>
>>69834091

Imagine being this pathetic
>>
>>69834131
This. Like the whole point is just to discover music. I don't think they are claiming to be the objective source of knowledge
>>
>>69834139
>>69834131
Suck my shit. You're not suppose to care about opinions because they don't mean anything, but P4K actually has influence with their opinion. If we give the right guys their deserved accolades it makes the music community better as a whole.
>>
I can never tell whether these threads are bait or theyre made by people who have actual lives and only spend about an hour on /mu/ sporadically and don't realize they're making the same thread others have been making all day
>>
>>69834219
>P4K actually has influence with their opinion

Why do you care?

Do they inluence your taste or something?

If you want them to lose their influence, then why did you made a thread about them?

Are you also retarded?
>>
>>69834443
make*
>>
>>69834443
not him, but if you don't think pitchfork is enormously influential in tastemaking, for better or for worse, you are lying to yourself
>>
>>69834518
>pitchfork is enormously influential in tastemaking
where did I say they aren't?
>>
>>69834550
I guess you didn't desu
>>
>>69834091
A Seat at the Table >>>>> Blonde
>>
>>69834632
this is actually wrong.
>>
>>69834632
Lemonade >>>>> A Seat at the Table
>>
>>69834654
it is objectively the correct opinion
>>
>>69834518
>>69834219

Why do they matter as just some pleb here

Seriously like are they a group of elite musicians or something? Why are peoples tastes influenced by others do you simply not listen to what you enjoy?

Are there not a lot of awards/groups that give artists critical acclaim? As a pleb I haven't even heard of them. Why are they so special to influence people as opposed to big media award shows that are seen by millions

If you are into music and playing instruments then surely your opinion should be based on your own feelings rather than those of others?
>>
File: IMG_7208.jpg (29KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7208.jpg
29KB, 225x225px
>tfw Mexican
>tfw curly hair
>tfw I listen to Don't Touch My Hait
>>
Why should Beyonce get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under her big feet? What's so great about Beyonce? Hm? Solange is just as cute as Beyonce. Solange is just as smart as Beyonce. People totally like Solange just as much as they like Beyonce. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what music is about. We should totally just *stab* Beyonce!
>>
>black and gay and couldnt win aoty

What must this man need to do to win?
>>
>>69834693
they are simply able to give artists exposure that they wouldn't get otherwise. Do you really think DIIV would have such a huge following if p4k hadn't given them a BNM? A BNM can do wonders for a young band. They'll sell a lot more concert tickets and albums.

I don't think most people read p4k reviews and accept them as truth. I think people are able to think critically. But I think a lot of people who read p4k see an album that they gave a good score and think "Hmmm, they're saying this is a good album so I might as well check it out" and maybe they'll like it. But either way they get exposure and name recognition that they wouldn't otherwise have.

This is a good read if you have the time: https://web.archive.org/web/20121017144412/http://nplusonemag.com/54
>>
>>69835245
>man
there's his problem
>>
>>69835338
>Kendrick Lamar
>Run the Jewels
>Vampire Weekend
>Bon Iver
>Kanye West
>Animal Collective
>Fleet Foxes
>Panda Bear
>1/2 of The Knife
>Sufjan Stevens
>Arcade Fire (mostly)
>The Rapture
>Interpol
>The Microphones
>Radiohead
>The Dismemberment Plan
>not men
>>
>>69835424
in a list of 100 you posted 10 or so

pitchfuck thinks 90 percent of the best music this year was produced by women

>objective music review site

FUCKIN LOL!
>>
>>69835424
Radiohead are the grimes of music! Utter plebbery!
>>
>>69835752
women just made better music this year.
>>
>>69836010
90 percent better?
>>
>>69836028
yeah, it was a good year for women. Out of curiosity did you question it when men made 90% better music in previous years?
>>
>>69835752
no, what I meant is those are all artists who've gotten AOTY from p4k. Solange is the first female solo artist to get an AOTY from them.

So when the guy asked, "what must this man need to do to win?" and you said that his problem was that he is a man, I posted you all the men who had gotten AOTY from p4k up until 2016
>>
>>69836134
i am not aware of any such years in fact it has always seemed like there were more famous females involved in music in some way than men

I don't understand how someone could hold the worldview that one gender produced 90% of the best music of that year... its mind boggeling

Most of my favourite albums and songs this year were by men but only because Ive been listening to a lot of rap and stuff and so the small selection of all music seems weighted towards men, thats all it is.
>>
>>69834091

>Honsetly, how the fuck did P4K give Solange the #1 over Frank Ocean?

it's almost 2017 and you are still caring about pitchfork?

let it go. they are irrelevant now.
>>
>>69836138
Agreed.
>>
>>69836287
CHECK THESE NUMBAHSSS SAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!
>>
they both got the black check, but only one got the female check

oh wait frank got the gay check, I'm not sure if solange is gay though
>>
>>69834123
(Not true, by the way)
>>
>>69835165
underrated
>>
>>69834091
Who fucking cares, seriously? Stop making threads about this. Pitchfork doesn't do this for "political" reasons, they do it to make you faggots talk about it 24/7 and increase traffic.
>>
>>69836010
cuck
>>
>>69834153
you must be so embarrassed
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.