[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: otherwise great albums that are completely ruined by the lyrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

I get it, she's Asian and I'm not, but does the entire album have to be about racemixing? Why can't she sing about the falling sakura petals like in her other album?
>>
>>69832826
>caring about lyrics
>>
I don't think you realize how self-hating race-mixing Japanese women are. It literally checks off all the criteria for a mental illness.
>>
>>69832857
Why do people other than metalbabies think lyrics aren't to be taken into consideration when present? You are allowed to write a song without them you know.
>>
>>69832980
because lyrics are not music
i bet you also care about album covers
>>
>>69833468
when you sing them they are, jackass
>>
>>69833468
That's irrelevant and a dodge. If a song includes lyrics, those lyrics are part of the song. Unless of course you're playing heavy metal music.
>>
>>69833538
vocals are music
lyrics are not
>>
>>69833563
A flute is music, but an F major scale is not. Well done, genius.
>>
>>69832826
I have to desynch myself from the lyrics to like this because her singing and the production is fucking groundbreaking but dear god the lyrics

dear fucking god that easy breezy line still traumatizes me

still my favorite singer though
>>
>>69833578
are you honestly stupid?

vocals without lyrics are music
lyrics without vocals are not music, because it's just a text you put into your vocals to make a context, but context itself is not music
>>
this lyrics debate is the 2nd stupidest reoccurring topic on /mu/

only behind whining about pitchfork while constantly posting about and linking to pitchfork
>>
>>69833683
So a staff with an F major scale written on it isn't music? Then every performance of a classical notation is its own musical piece because music cannot exist independently of its playback?
>>
>>69833747
>So a staff with an F major scale written on it isn't music?
it is music, you can perform it without lyrics

>Then every performance of a classical notation is its own musical piece because music cannot exist independently of its playback?
vocals are an insrument, and the sounds you make with vocals are music, the lyrics are not necessary, it's just a filler text you put into your vocals to make a context, but context itself is not music. You can perform sing without lyrics, and it's still music, you can make an utter gibberish, and it's still music.
Lyrics are not important in making music because it's not music.
>>
>>69833707
There's also the one that goes "any monkey can master an instrument; it takes real skill to write my 4 chord doodles".
But do you want to contribute to the thread theme?
>>
>>69833862
Not you're just making a circular argument. If you have a personal grievance against lyrics that matter, just say so.
>>
>>69833886

I already did, I love Utada's work but the lyrics on this album cause me physical pain and even when I was pubescent and literally in love with her I couldn't fucking stand it

The lyrics are still a part of the music imo though.
>>
>>69833937
I don't make a circular argument, I just make it more detailed so every dumb fuck is able to get it.
>>
WHEN
>>
>>69833937
it's like you have nothing to say against it this time
>>
>>69834022
YOU
>>
>>69834009
The way you grunt out your responses makes me unconfident that you know what a circular argument is. But that's meta. What did good lyrics ever do to you that you hate them so?
>>
>>69832857
Not OP but "you're easy breezy and I'm japanesey" is pretty god fucking awful
>>
>>69834062
>What did good lyrics ever do to you that you hate them so?
I never said that, I only said that it's not music.

>The way you grunt out your responses makes me unconfident that you know what a circular argument is.
why would I make a new argument against yours if yours if you didn't do it as well? it's better to make my own argument more detailed in this case, that's not exact circular argument, because it's just a bigger and itemized so every dumb fuck is able to get it.
>>
>>69834169
Look it up nigger
>>
>>69834196
>>69834044
>>
>>69832826
IM SO JAPANEASY FUCK ME IN DA JAPUSSY IM SO JAPAN!! JAPANEASY ANIMES XD

she's so boring
>>
>>69832826
This is my favorite album by her and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing

but I really like this album
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.