[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Ricky Eat Acid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: a4168717356_10.jpg (234KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a4168717356_10.jpg
234KB, 1200x1200px
What does /mu/ think of Ricky Eat Acid?
>>
i loved you get sick; you regret things last year, but never listen to it now
>>
Was pretty sweet back in high school.
>>
>>69832012

love every one of his 17 albums. My favorites are Three love songs, Haunt u forever, and sun over hills.

Sam Ray also does amazing work with his other two projects Julia Brown and Teen Suicide.
>>
>>69832942
i fucking love his music m8
>>
>>69832996
ya his melodies are incredible. he has a way of inducing feels and nostalgia beyond what most other similar artists achieve
>>
Great music from all of his projects, but he's a shitty dude
>>
>>69833298
?
>>
>>69833322
A lot of people don't like him because he's notably transphobic/homophobic. It was a big deal three of four years ago when he would say stupid shit on Tumblr and Teen Suicide kind of got blasted for it. Besides that he's just a general douche, acts like an asshole at shows, falls through with promoters/venue oweners, makes his band ride in a different car than him when he's on tour, acts like he's some huge rockstar that nobody can ever say anything bad about. Him, Mat Cothran, Nathan Williams, and Dads are all kind of in the same vein. But the difference Sam Ray and all those people is that Sam Ray makes absolutely incredible music
>>
>>69833519
he apologized about the transphobic/homophobic stuff, and he gave a good apology, not a half-assed that wasn't sincere, and i don't know what has happened with promoters and venue owners
>>
>>69833519
He did indeed make many insensitive remarks about LGBT community, but IDK about the rest of those allegations.

The insensitive statements made by him and band members were about 4 years ago. Since then he has made numerous efforts to apologize for them:

http://funeralsounds.tumblr.com/post/120881369689/regarding-our-casa-ruby-comp

http://teensuicide09.tumblr.com/post/82710392034/could-you-clear-up-the-transphobia-controversy-a
>>
>>69833164
yes, i love them feels that he gives me
>>
>>69833684
If anything this narrative in his redemptive growth as a musician makes me appreciate REA even more since REA is his newest project and much of it was created after his time of reform.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.