[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEANING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>I'm very high right now...
Yes this again, this albums can be overrated or a masterpiece or hipster shit, but this has a fucking meaning, so let discuss it.

Also it's the first time i realize the ARGENTINE flag in the clouds of the picture, also the Jew star in the concentration camp shirt of the little boy.

The albums is in a little part about anna frank yes, but the whole album is about World of War II

Let's discuss
>>
File: 391px-ItAotS_postcard_origins.jpg (75KB, 391x599px) Image search: [Google]
391px-ItAotS_postcard_origins.jpg
75KB, 391x599px
Also
>>
the postcard is from 1908 and is only there because jeff likes early 1900s vintage penny arcade imagery
>>
>>69829966
Ok
What do you wanna discuss
>>
>>69830028
>I'm very very high
But the album is about WW2 or a wet dream jeff had with anna frank?
>>
don't jew stars have six points?
>>
>>69829966
>everything you said
now youve done it
>>
>>69830053
Lyrics
I mean there is a lot of random shit

First One
http://genius.com/Neutral-milk-hotel-the-king-of-carrot-flowers-pt-one-lyrics

The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. One
[Verse 1]
When you were young
You were the king of carrot flowers
And how you built a tower tumbling through the trees
In holy rattlesnakes that fell all around your feet
And your mom would stick a fork right into daddy's shoulder
And dad would throw the garbage all across the floor
As we would lay and learn what each other's bodies were for

[Verse 2]
And this is the room
One afternoon I knew I could love you
And from above you how I sank into your soul
Into that secret place where no one dares to go
And your mom would drink until she was no longer speaking
And dad would dream of all the different ways to die
Each one a little more than he could dare to try
>>
>>69830145
this
>>
File: 1988.132.1_001.800x800.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1988.132.1_001.800x800.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
>>69830109
Yes but the fact that the t shirt had the same color and a star is creppy af, also the songs is obviously about that period of time
>>
>>69830192
its from a postcard that was made before ww2 u retard
>>
>>69830109
>>69830192
Six points but the uniform had the same color too, the boy had a swimsuit but in the end is the same color and songs go with this too
>>
>>69830212
Yes i know, but the fact that the song talk about ww2 and the swimsuit of the boy had this
>>69830192
>>69830225
And the album was relased in 1998 and jeff had enough brain to know about ww2
>>
that's why people don't like you potheads
>>
>>69830094
> But the album is about WW2 or a wet dream jeff had with anna frank?

Both. At the same time.
>>
I like to appreciate the lyricism of ITAOTS for it's fantasy and magical elements rather than it's real settings referenes, both the WW2 and anna's mentions are scatered and just serve the purpose of melancholy the jeff wants to portray, two headed boys and semen filled mountain tops seem more magical and meaninful to me, also jeff is known to combine parts of lyrics just like oh comely where he suddenly sings about goldeline
>>
>>69830788
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.