[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better album, anon, I'll wait Protip: You can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: R-226132-1438201839-2876.jpeg.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-226132-1438201839-2876.jpeg.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Name a better album, anon, I'll wait
Protip: You can't
>>
File: futuredays.jpg (91KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
futuredays.jpg
91KB, 945x945px
>>
What year is this?
>>
>>69825802
It's 1971 + 45, your point?
>>
File: 1719.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1719.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
Less experimental, heavier and a lot more fun.
>>
>>69826346
yeah I fucking love Can but aumgn and peking o feel over-indulgent, yeti is much more consistent

Halleluhwah > anything on yeti though
>>
File: Tyler The Creator.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler The Creator.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>69825754
This to oblivion
>>
>>69825754
>>69826346
Would've posted one of these myself. Future Days is far more innovative and actually contextually experimental. Yeti is the krautrock masterpiece of arrangement, composition, and improvisation that weirdly just outdoes prog rock on everything prog rock is usually good at.
>>
>>69825718
Everything after Halleluwah is shitty
>>
>>69828507
Why are you listening to experimental music if you don't like the experimental part of it? I bet you hate the second half of Low also.
>>
>>69828555
Just because it's experimental doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>69828555
aumgn is average and is really just copying stockhausen, peking o is a bit more interesting

first half of tago mago is much better, nice trips btw
>>
Future Days is their best but Can's entire discography is gold
>>
Tago Mago = Best Krautrock Can
Soundtracks = Best Can
>>
>>69826346
TAKE THE ARCHANGEL THUNDERBIRD.....
>>
>>69825718
>>69825754
>>69826346
I really liked these and NEU!'s albums. Do you have any recs? (Looking for the less experimental/avant-garde/progressive krautrock albums and more of the rocky/punky/psychedelic ones)
>>
Ege Bamyasi is the best Can album
>>
>>69829558
>I really liked Tago Mago and Neu! s/t
>looking for less experimental/avant-garde
You're sending some mixed messages there, anon. Also krautrock, psych rock and prog rock work pretty much hand in hand, so there's not many that don't sound prog-y.

The most psych/not prog rock albums and artists I can think of are
A.R. & Machines - The Green Journey (one of my favorites) and some of their other stuff
My Solid Ground - s/t, Dies Irae - First and GÄA - Auf der Bahn zum Uranus
If you haven't already, Faust IV, Can's Delay 1968, Monster Movie, Soundtracks and Ege Bamyasi.
Xhol Caravan - Electrip
Guru Guru
Agitation Free are more calm psych/space rock if you're into that
Embryo if you like it jazzy
Kraan, maybe
Tomorrow's Gift

Granted, there's a lot more great stuff, but I picked some of the least prog sounding ones that I know. But yeah, if you meant exactly like Can's early stuff or Amon Duul II, there's not much out there. This is as close as it gets.
>>
>>69830663
What I mean by less proggy is less wankery. I like rock that isn't progressive, but not progressive rock if you catch my drift.

As for the avant-garde thing, I like my rock to be slightly experimental, but I don't like 40 minutes of ambient noises. I like my rock to be fun, which is why I didn't really like disc 2 of Tago Mago or Faust 1.

I have listened to the rest of CAN's discography btw and loved it all
>>
ez
>>
>>69826346
This, this, this, this.

>>69827308
Soap Shop Rock>Halleluhwah

>>69829558
Altered States - Mosaic.
>>
>>69830863
>if you catch my drift.
I don't think I do, really. Wankery? If you mean improvisation, then all of krautrock is full of that. Every band was composed of skinny smelly shirtless euro hippies perpetually on acid, so the whole crazy loose improv vibe plays a huge role in it, and without it, it wouldn't be the same, even if the songwriting is still great by itself.

In any case, the recs I gave are still great music so start with some of those first. But Can and Amon Duul II are pretty much the absolute best that krautrock has to offer, so keep that in mind. Once you get an idea of what the genre is like overall, both musically but also, more importantly, culturally, you'll find more appreciation for it, including the weirder things like the second half of Tago Mago.
>>
>>69831352
It's not improvisation that I don't like but over-indulgent improvisation. What I really like about CAN's improvisation, for example, is that they don't go "doodle-doodle-doodle look how cool I am" on the guitar. They work together without showing off and make groovy funky beats that keep me hooked
>>
>>69830863
>>69831408
Altered States - Mosaic my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCxodRXo74c
>>
>>69831408
>look how cool I am
Sure, but that's just you, not the music. You could really say that about literally every influential artist from the late 60s and 70s, when experimental music became huge. Some are more conceptually pretentious or self-indulgent than others, but musically, they're still impressive so who cares. I get what you mean by liking fun music, I do too, but don't write off masterpieces like Tago Mago as aimless wankery.
>>
>>69831615
Tago Mago isn't the wankery and that's the point I'm making. They didn't show off.
>>
>>69825754
Came here to post this.
>>
>>69831633
>>69830863
>which is why I didn't really like disc 2 of Tago Mago or Faust 1.
>40 minutes of ambient noises
Well, make up your mind then.
>>
>>69831701
Tago Mago disc 1's jamming is good. Disc 2 isn't really wankery per say but it's boring and ambient.
>>
>>69826346
Danz Ter Lemminge was way better
>>
>>69831740
Tanz has its moments, but on the whole Yeti is a more consistent album. Syntelman's March Of The Roaring 70s is easily up there with Soap Shop Rock, but Race From Here To Your Ears comes out of nowhere much to the detriment of how Tanz flows.
>>
>>69831733
You're missing the point that the album is trying to make, but sure, you can like whatever you want to like.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.