[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>used to listen to this (and other numetal bands) a lot about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: korn.jpg (11KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
korn.jpg
11KB, 360x360px
>used to listen to this (and other numetal bands) a lot about 15 years ago
>haven't heard their single song for years
>play some of the old and newer songs on youtube
>feel embarrassed
>>
>>69825342
good god the album cover for their newest album is ugly as fuck
>>
>>69825363
I remember their album covers being always oh-so-artsy-and-edgy-and-shit. At least that's what I thought at the age of 13.
>>
You shouldn't be embarrassed of their first 2-5 albums, some would say 1 (s/t).

Listening to anything after that is pretty embarrassing, like most bands at some point the music quality in terms of new releases completely sucks.

Its not the type of music you would share with friends (numetal), unless you guys are special people.
>>
>>69825342
nu-metal was good tho
deftones is the shit. trust me 3 months ago i was listening to exclusively music concrete and minimal synth. now deftones is my fav band atm
>>
>>69825489
OP here. The last Korn's album I ever listened to was Untouchables, which is the fifth one. So OK, while the songs might not be complete shit tier, I just can't hear anything appealing in them now.

Just out of curiosity, I also checked out some other bands I was listening to as a kid. And yeah, compared to Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach and SOAD, I guess Korn isn't that bad.
>>
>>69825342
I gave their new album a spin today. Sounds pretty meh

I still enjoy their early work; I think they peaked with s/t
>>
i feel the same way about them and linkin park
>>
The only good nu-metal was early (1994-1996) nu-metal. But then, why listen to early nu-metal when you can listen to Godflesh and the other bands they ripped off?
>>
Was Deftones the only band to survive that scene with any hint of dignity left? Really, thinking back to that era, I think the only thing worse than mallcore was post-grunge
>>
>>69827099
Post grunge is literally the worst genre of all time.
>>
New album is pretty good, desu.
>>
>>69827219
worst rock subgenre at least
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.