[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PassionPainandDemonSlayin.jpg (5KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
PassionPainandDemonSlayin.jpg
5KB, 220x220px
...well?
>>
File: 1405903272457.png (103KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
1405903272457.png
103KB, 246x232px
>tfw you realize some songs on Speedin' Bullet aren't that bad
>>
>>69825214

SBtH was a shit tier album. Worst work hes ever produced
>>
>>69825164
I liked it. Sounds a bit more like his older stuff, half rap half singing
>>
>>69825164
Top 3 cudi

>>69825214
I like confused and the title track
>>
>>69825164

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be cringy like his recent stuff but it was actually incredibly good. The commander is my favorite, very cool how he threw in the snippet from heart of a lion
>>
>>69825241

OP here, my current list is as shown

1. MOTM
2. MOTM 2
3. Pain passion and demon slaying
4. Satellite flight
5. Indicud
6. WZRD
not even listing speeding bullet
>>
>>69825328
I have the same top 3 just MOTMI behind the others
>>
>>69825214
It's lowkey a very good album
>>
>>69825164
Dance 4 Eternity is such a great song
>>
There's some filler but most of it is great! The best suprise this year, besides NIN
>>
>>69825916
wait what?
>>
>>69825214
I sincerely think it's a good album, even if not intentionally. I think the fact it got so universally panned stopped a lot of people from having an open mind to it. I can truly say I've never heard anything like it. h5e grunge and alt-rock comparisons are pretty far off the mark. It's more like a minimalist deconstruction of that sound, and the contrast of shallow, depressive lyrics with comedy skits are genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHFSK47ajh0

Listen to Seance Chaos as well. He did dissonance better than Kurt Cobain ever did, you can tell no one meddled with this to make it more palatable.

The fact he came out with PP&D ( a well-received standard rap album) just a year later makes me think it was intentional, too.
>>
>>69826064
>and the contrast of shallow, depressive lyrics with comedy skits are genius.
>genius
Why? What do you think is so compelling about it?
>>
>>69826177
Just the contrast. Showing how laughably contrived the content of a lot of alt-rock is. It'd almost be outsider music if it wasn't so self-aware. And the fact it manages to achieve that while creating a genuinely anxious listening experience is kinda incredible. Not many artists can balance parody while creating a genuine emotional response. It's almost like a musical analog for addiction. It takes the energy of rock and actually uses it to create a monotonous atmosphere reflective of drug-addled depression. Grunge bands were way too fast and energetic to accurately capture that feeling. Frankly this sounds more like Codeine or The For Carnation than Nirvana.
>>
>>69826385
Fucking this.
SB2H is great because it was literally Cudi's catharsis from being fucked up for so long, that album is literally the sound of him airing out his demons

And for him to release a fucking near-flawless gem like PPADS a year later makes it all so much sweeter
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.