[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go to learn how to DJ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Where do I go to learn how to DJ?
>>
youtube just like all the shitters do
>>
what do you mean "learn" how to DJ? Is that not something you can figure out in like a week you don't even make the music lmao
>>
Just use Traktor, it will beatmatch automatically and you don't even need hardware. You don't really need to "learn" anything, it's just about song selection, so what you need is hundreds or thousands of high quality digital audio files that you know will go well together in various types of "sets"
>>
>>69819728
>>69819747
More like learn how to use my DJ hardware. I got the novation twitch and have no clue on how to use it. It was a present I guess.

>>69819711
Youtube doesn't really help me learn the hardware.
>>
>>69819757
Well it looks like that one comes with Serato, so I'd focus on learning Serato first and then learn how the hardware maps onto the software. It's probably a situation where the hardware just provides some physical control for stuff that's already controllable via the software, like a MIDI controller.
>>
>>69819701
>djing in 2016
>learn

with auto beat matching and auto mixing, there is seriously nothing to learn except how to hit the cue button.

oh yeah, you can also learn how to randomly shift eq knobs around by .5 db so it actually looks like you are doing something to the music instead of just standing there.
>>
girlsmakebeats.org
>>
File: djsetup_800x569.jpg (274KB, 800x569px) Image search: [Google]
djsetup_800x569.jpg
274KB, 800x569px
>>69819701
pick up some 1200s a mixer and a bunch of records & keep the computer as far away as possible or don't bother.

the world doesn't need another software DJ
>>
>>69820265
go back to /bleep/ faggot
>>
>>69820512
I hate bleeps but he's not wrong.
>>
>>69820265
grandpa take your meds!!!
>>
learn to play a keyboard, faggot.
>>
File: tables.jpg (341KB, 1048x684px) Image search: [Google]
tables.jpg
341KB, 1048x684px
>>69820265
this tho
>>
>>69820265
this
>>
>>69819701
This is learning by doing. Most important is to not play shitty music.
>>
fuck off, there's a billion like you out there and they're all shit.
if you don't know how to use turntables, don't even bother trying to get into digital.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.