[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This shit made AOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 10

File: homepage_large.f4b40c2b[1].jpg (64KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.f4b40c2b[1].jpg
64KB, 320x320px
That's it: Pitchfork is officially dead
This is literally quotas
>>
>>69819235
oh look another upset former pitchfork babbie now where will you go to be spoonfed your taste
>>
>>69819235
When was Pitchfork ever good? All the way back to 2011 it just looked like a bunch of conceited shit to me.
>>
>>69819235
Oh yeah what's YOUR AOTY??
>>
>>69819235
Pitchfork isn't dead you nu-males will suck their dick no matter what
>>
>>69819277
/thread
>>
>>69819261
Yep, that's actually true. I was introduced to some great shit by them way back when I was a little embryo. I haven't regularly read it since 11 or so though

>>69819273
Not that mediocre piece of trash, that's for sure
>>
>>69819308
yeah I'm sure

Once a /p4k/ drone always a /p4k/ drone
>>
Why does her name sound like a fruit?
>>
>>69819499
Because the blacks like to make up dumb names for their kids
>>
>>69819651
are you retarded? There's no R&B revival going on you dunce it didn't die
>>
>>69819651
Do you even know what R&B is?
>>
>>69819542
t. Billy Bob
>>
>album of the year is made by a black person in 2016
>OP gets mad and calls it quotas
>5/7 of P4K's AOTY have been made by black people, usually hip hop albums

>That's it: Pitchfork is officially dead
Where the fuck have you been this decade? If you're upset about this, you haven't been paying attention cause this was not a surprise. Personally, I'm more excited that TLOP didn't win
>>
>>69819542
solange is a pretty common name
>>
Cranes in the Sky SOTY
>>
why are white people so whiny?
>>
>>69819844
Being a whiny and hating the (blacks/queers/feminists/muslims/etc) is trendy among white people. They're doing it to fit in
>>
Great Album, deserves a place in the top 25 forsure.

But #1 is way too high considering how many other landmark releases came this year. It seems more like a statement about the company rather than about the music.
>>
i haven't even listened to the album but its pretty obvious that pitchfork is just replacing the indie hype machine of the previous decade with political music. solange also has an extremely unfair advantage due to being black and being beyonce's sister
>>
>>69819787
>>69819844
Op here. I predict you people will meme me up for saying this, but I'm not racist. My problem here is that giving AOTY to Solange is - obviously - a politically motivated decision. P4k's review scores aren't an individual writer's score, but rather a consensus among the staff. There's no way an album that wasn't even in the top 10 rated throughout the year is actually their album of the year. They bumped it a bit because politics
>>
>caring that musch about p4k
grow up
>>
>>69819235
should I listen to this?
>>
>>69819937
so its okay when pitchfork puts tame impala worst album and jamie xx lounge music as their top 2

but when a black female and a black gay dude gets top 2 its the signal for you to discover pitchfork is "dead"
sounds racist to me
>>
Just go find a different review site you whiny fuck jfc not everything has to cater to your exact taste
Maybe go help something that does become more popular instead of repeatedly crying about pitchfork
>>
>make fun pop and Motown-inspired stuff
>someone at a seated Kraftwerk show tells you to sit down
>DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR DON'T TOUCH MY SOUL
>>
>>69819964
tame impala and jamie xx were both their highest rated albums through the year (along with C&L and TPAB). Solange's album was the 15th best-rated album of 2016 according to them. I don't see how your analogy makes any sense
>>
I'd rather have this as #1 than Lemonade, AMSP, TLOP or ANOHNI.
>>
>>69820017
Why?
>>
Deal with it OP.

Blacks made amazing records this year.

Your White idols just need to step it up ;)
>>
>>69819988
>. P4k's review scores aren't an individual writer's score, but rather a consensus among the staff.
are you telling me that staff couldn't change their mind after repeated listens after they rated it?
Are you saying humans beings can only think in black and white?
So if i call you a faggot that should be my final opinion of you for life?
just get it over with and admit you're racist instead of this bs
>>
>>69819937
>There's no way an album that wasn't even in the top 10 rated throughout the year is actually their album of the year.
Their actual ratings and what gets BNM is pretty arbitrary. Treating the numerical scores as gospel is a mistake

>They bumped it a bit because politics
Or it grew on them more than the rest of the extremely obvious top 10 this year.
>>
>>69820022
Those were like obvious choices.

Although I was expecting her to be in the top 10, I was just pleasantly surprised that Solange got the #1 spot
>>
well nothing else came out this year
>>
>>69820046
>>69820061
Yeah, bro. It went from 15th most significant album of the year to AOTY in just two months, that makes total sense

>Their actual ratings and what gets BNM is pretty arbitrary
No. Look at all their previous AOTYs; it's always a very well-rated record.

This is an opinion, of course, and your conjecture might be the truth, but given their politics-heavy editorial decisions of late, I have no reason to believe otherwise.
>>
>>69820093
>Yeah, bro. It went from 15th most significant album of the year to AOTY in just two months, that makes total sense
alright you're trolling. No way anybody who listens to music seriously would deny that albums can grow on you ANYTIME.

its like you stuck on this mindset of once a decision has been made its Over no way you can reanalyze the situation and change your mind. SAD!
>>
Oh wow color me surprised
Is yous sayin P4K hates whites and wants to prep the bull? who could have thought
>>
>>69820122
This is truth.
>>
File: cbb.jpg (60KB, 680x818px) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
60KB, 680x818px
>>69819235
>this POS won over blackstar
>>
>>69819235
>this beat a death grips album
>>
>>69820122
Do you think Solange's album is the best record of the year? Have you actually listened to it many times and reconsidered your initial, not so enthusiastic assessment of it? I have tons of friends and acquaintances that listened to it and none of them consider it AOTY material. Just because something could possibly have happened doesn't means it's the most reasonable explanation. Politics seems like the crux of the issue
>>
>>69820093
>No. Look at all their previous AOTYs; it's always a very well-rated record.

I had no idea that an 8.7/10 was a bad score or that .4 points (the difference between this and AMSP) was some great divide that cannot ever be overcome.

Also BNM has always been arbitrary. All you have to do is just look at their 8+ scores and what does and doesn't get BNM.
>>
>>69820150
>>69820174
>memestar
>meme grips
kys white boy
>>
chance the rapper is #1 on the list

is coloring book worth listening all the way through or is it #1 cause pitchfork has an agenda

at least a moon shaped pool is up there
>>
>>69820199
>Do you think Solange's album is the best record of the year?
out of the top 10 p4k list sure
its not my aoty
this washttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKK_OenkPgc
> i have tons of friends and acquaintances that listened to it and none of them consider it AOTY material.
My gf and her friends love it and considered it their Aoty

If you just argued that you didn't like the album that would be fine. but blaming it on race and politics is a very weak argument and close minded.
>>
>>69819235
dude is that symmetra
>>
>>69819937
Get the fuck out you stupid newfuck. The fact that you chose to make a thread about this as some new revelation despite the fact that this same exact post gets made every fucking day proves you just found 4chan.

Fuck off back to reddt or twitter
>>
>>69820306
>blaming it on race and politics is a very weak argument
how's it weak? Pitchfork's staff is heavily political. Do you disagree?

>>69820309
>ur a newfag
classic newfag behavior. go back to réddit
>>
File: 734a565427a71fb94d5c316ee94da261.jpg (167KB, 600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
734a565427a71fb94d5c316ee94da261.jpg
167KB, 600x1064px
>>69819542
You're dumb.
>>
>>69820243
>I had no idea that an 8.7/10 was a bad score
it isn't

>r that .4 points (the difference between this and AMSP) was some great divide
it is

>Also BNM has always been arbitrary
Yes, but their scores have always had some kind of internal coherence regarding the choice of AOTY
>>
..Am I the only one who thinks Solange is more beautiful than Beyonce? I hate to be that person who compares the level of attractiveness of different women but Beyonce's beauty is overrated compared to Solange.

A Seat At The Table, while it might not be AOTY, is not bad at all. And the producers who worked on this thing are cool (a long list but), it features names such as Q-Tip and Questlove. And you don't have to be angry about the Pitchfork thing. Apart from just reporting the music related news, their reviews and lists aren't supercredible.

And stop whining about a fucking agenda. Non-white people make good music, get over it.
>>
>>69820400
>And stop whining about a fucking agenda. Non-white people make good music, get over it.
No, giving political AOTYs is stupid and toxic. I know non-whites make good music, you fucking dense motherfucker. MY AOTY is from a black artist
>>
>>69820364
>how's it weak? Pitchfork's staff is heavily political. Do you disagree?
If you're gonna argue that every pitchfork decision is political then every aoty they've picked was to promote some agenda making them shit from the beginning.
Instead you could have just said you didn't enjoy the album and it wasn't for you.
People aren't robots we change our mind on things everyday.
>>
>>69820444
Why can't I argue politics? Do you have some kind of phobia or does this subject makes you uncomfortable?

>People aren't robots we change our mind on things everyday.
Read my previous posts. I have no reason to believe this was the case
>>
>>69819844
>>69819875
>nonwhites on this website
Why are you here?
>>
I have to go to work. I'll come back later if this thread is still up. Fuck Pitchfork
>>
>>69820493
>Why can't I argue politics? Do you have some kind of phobia or does this subject makes you uncomfortable?
Because you haven't made one critic on why you dislike the album music wise.
>>
>>69820440
>giving political AOTYs is stupid and toxic
"No".
The main issue is the shit fit that people have been throwing over this album being well received since it was released.
P4K reviews only matter to people that give a fuck about it.
Good/Bad reviews aren't "divisive", it's an opinion you ninny. If you disagree with them you shrug and move on.
>>
File: 1481268038917.jpg (116KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481268038917.jpg
116KB, 400x800px
>caring about arbitrary """objective""" opinions on some shitty music review site instead of finding your own niche in music and coming to your own conclusion about what your favorite album of the year is
>>
>>69820499
Cause /mu/ is a decent measure of what albums are worth a listen. If /mu/ can't shut the fuck up about it, then I may as well listen and see what the fuss is about.
Plus, I've been here since like 08/09, it's a habit at this point
>>
>>69820552
Caring about pitchfork and finding your own niche/AOTY aren't mutually exclusive, you dunce
>>
>>69820440
Yeah, and my AOTY is from a white person who makes folk, what fucking is your fucking point you fucking fuck dense fuck motherfucker?

You're seriously upset about Pitcfork's AOTY list, aren't you? You shouldn't take that shit seriously, it features Bon Iver, Frankie Cosmos pretty high up there while Bottomless Pit is all the way on 101.
>>
p4k's lists are less "Best of the year" and more "Most influential of the year" TBQH senpai

like i think in 20 years, the albums p4k listed will be the ones people remember as emblematic of 2016, even though there was tons of better music
>>
>>69820617
Why do you care about pitchfork then? Why should I give a shit about some publications musical opinion that has been proven to be heavily influenced by factors other than the music itself?
>>
>>69820637
>Bottomless Pit
Are you 16? BP is trash

>>69820651
>p4k's lists are less "Best of the year" and more "Most influential of the year" TBQH senpai
I agree, and even in that sense Solange's album is an outlier. Giving it to Beyoncé would have made way more sense
>>
>>69820691
Great argumentation bro, my age really dismantles any credibility of my opninion. I'm 20, and BP at least deserves to be in the top 50. It bumps, the beats and especially the hooks on that thing are amazing. Personally I enjoyed it way better than Colouring Book.
>>
>>69820440
Theres nothing you can do about it. You sound like some brat angry at your parents for grounding you. Pitchfork aren't your parents. Move on, grow up, and learn to enjoy your own music without getting triggered by music media.
>>
>>69820853
Right. I can never understand why people get so upset when critics don't have the same opinion. It's so childish.
>>
>>69819875
>>69819875
Being a black/queer/feminist/Muslim is trendy, and trends are obnoxious
>>
>>69820400
I've only heard two songs from this record, but both were better than anything I've EVER heard from Beyonce.

Bey is a goddess with a booty that don't quit and a magnetic personality, but her music is just straight up not good. This is the best thing the Knowles family has done since "Single Ladies".

But AOTY? Nah, fuck off.

Bradford Cox little brother gonna get the next one?
>>
>>69821556
>Bradford Cox little brother gonna get the next one?
what do you mean?
>>
>>69819913
This, she needs to check her privilege and shitfork needs to check her privilege too
>>
>>69820499
site is literally owned by an asian guy
what are YOU doing here cracker?
>>
>>69819844
Why are black people so whiny?
>>
>>69821627
I don't think he has one.
But, is that the next ticket to indiedom? Being somebody's sibling?
>>
>>69819844
You realize this whole album is just non-white people whining right
>>
>>69820150

honestly I don't even like Solange but her album was better than Blackstar

Bowie was a hack and I actually wish he HADN'T died because then his shitty final album wouldn't be so overhyped

Scaruffi's review was completely on point.

Solange on the other hand gets a bad rep on /mu/ because /mu/ gets triggered by pro-woman/pro-black stuff, even though the music is pretty solid.

that said it is extremely obvious that P4K is pushing an agenda, giving that album AOTY is a fucking joke and I bet you they know it. It should have gone to The Glowing Man or the new ATCQ
>>
>>69820400
You judge musicians based on appearance why should anyone listen to your opinion
>>
>>69821993
Cox had a brother that comitted suicide. "T.H.M." from Monomania is about him.
>>
>>69819308
>i totally haven't read it since i was 11 but i'm mad about their dumb year end lists
lol
>>
>>69822058
i think he meant 2011
>>
>>69819937
> P4k's review scores aren't an individual writer's score, but rather a consensus among the staff. There's no way an album that wasn't even in the top 10 rated throughout the year is actually their album of the year.

They did it 10 years ago with The Knife. So why was Pitchfork not "officially dead" in 2006?
>>
>>69822086
makes little sense either way
>>
File: trump ayyyyyy.jpg (1MB, 4720x3109px) Image search: [Google]
trump ayyyyyy.jpg
1MB, 4720x3109px
>this thread
>>
>>69819235
>This is literally quotas
Funny, because white people are the only people I see complaining about how Pitchfork isn't "representative" enough
>>
I agree. Pitchfork have been shilling anti-white, status quo bullcrap for far too long.
I'm a part of the so-called "alt right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.
We need music publications that promote punk alt-right music and not this anti-white nonsense.
>>
>>69822008
see this post everybody?

this is who pitchfork is pandering to
>>
>>69822233
Just say you're a white nationalist instead of "alt-right" so there's no confusion.
>>
>>69819937
>They bumped it a bit because politics
If it was just politics, they would have rated the album higher initially for "political" reasons, too.

But that's besides the point. There's no evidence that Pitchfork still rates albums via panel any more. There's nothing on their website to indicate that they do this.

Remember Sonic Youth getting a 0? There's no way they got that from a panel. No way one of the greatest bands of all time in its genre couldn't even get a 1/10 from someone.

The ratings are either done by individuals or by a select group of staff, but there's no way they're a consensus of everyone's opinion.
>>
>>69822021
urrmm... my bad
>>
>>69822284
just respond to pasta so everyone knows you're new as fuck
>>
>>69822267

did you not read the part where I said: >>69822008

>that said it is extremely obvious that P4K is pushing an agenda, giving that album AOTY is a fucking joke and I bet you they know it. It should have gone to The Glowing Man or the new ATCQ

retard
>>
>>69819844
>99% of popular music by black artists are lyrically/conceptually/thematically about non-white people whining
>white person goes hey why is this political, ideological, in-artistic trash held so highly?
>"lol why are white people so whiny?"
>>
>>69822011
Yes, but I don't judge their MUSIC based on the musician's appearance. What, I can't talk about what someone extremely famous looks like? I just talked about their appearance as a sidenote.

>>69822233
spam
>>
File: (not true, btw).jpg (2KB, 148x25px) Image search: [Google]
(not true, btw).jpg
2KB, 148x25px
>>69822375
>>99% of popular music by black artists are lyrically/conceptually/thematically about non-white people whining
>>
>>69822375
I love how context-less this shit is. Black artists you talk about such as Solange sing about racial issues. "Whining" is not the right choice of words in this case.

In this thread, white people actually "whine" about how white p4k puts albums they themselves do not like high on the aoty list.
>>
>>69822484
sorry what were you trying to do here? you have to type [ greentext] [ /greentext] (no spaces)
>>
>ugga bugga im a black uga i cool (H)
>AOTY
maybe in americuck
>>
I could understand the hate and anger if p4k was still doing this thing of praising an album that's get panned everywhere else or vice verse, but albums like Lemonade or A Seat at the Table were praised by every music publication equally, so I don't see why p4k giving it AOTY is such a big deal.
>>
>>69822500
>Solange sing about racial issues.
Like what racial issues exactly?
>>
>>69822484
yes it is
there's this illusion called "perspective". find me one praised, popular album by black artists and musicians that aren't positively obsessed with nonsense pseudo-concepts like "racial experience" and "identity issues"

A more accurate word for these things is called "self-obsession". These people, writers at p4k, etc will say that white artists dont talk about these issues because they dont "have to", being white. their lives dont involve threatened identities so they dont have to express themselves in such a way, but thats bullshit. successful art is a separation from all these things, from society, from identity. albums like Solange's latest magnum opus are complete failures in separation, and raving successes in self-aggrandizement and flagellation. the entire artistic vision is dominated 100%, forced through the filter of the self, rather than transcending it. subordinate, worthless art
>>
>>69819273
Blackstar, but ofcourse cuckoldic music "journalists" wouldn't dare gove aoty to a white male, out of fear of being called racist
>>
>>69819844

>This will get 500 whiny (You)s and white people will not see the irony
>>
>>69822348
I can't keep up with every neo-/mu/ meme
>>
>>69822753
now that I think about it, Frank Ocean and Kanye's albums neither concerned themselves with flimsy identity politics. seems like its not much of a coincidence that theyre two of the best pop albums of the year
>>
>>69822765
>Well, all we've ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me and to make me not be proud.
>>
Its a great R&B album I dont get it
>>
>>69822794
>lol if you criticize it then that proves its right, checkmate :^)
>i literally dont see the irony in this
>>
>>69822765
could u atleast argue musically why you think blackstar is better than solange
>>
Black back them
>solve slavery with white people
>fight for social problems
>develop an intellectual culture

Black people now
>create new social problems
>whiny about everything
>try to destroy white culture
>steal
2dude dont touch my hair xD"
>>
>>69822919
actually thats incorrect somewhat
the racism thats actually going on is why solange got bnm
end of the day we won't really know if solange earned her number 1 spot or racist white males gave it to her to prove that they aren't racist
its complicated matters that will probably never go away
>>
>>69822919
black back then
>kangz

black people now
>not kangz
>>
>>69822957
>racist white males gave it to her to prove that they aren't racist
thats actually a good point.
>>
>>69823005
heh
>>
>>69822753

>find me one praised, popular album by black artists and musicians that aren't positively obsessed with nonsense pseudo-concepts like "racial experience" and "identity issues"

almost the entirety of jazz lmao

there are hundreds of jazz albums recognized as masterpieces by fans and critics that don't concern themself with race at all--most of them don't even have lyrics.

also as far as hip-hop goes, albums by artists like MF DOOM come to mind.
>>
>>69823050
by "popular albums" i meant more specifically the loose genre, as in pop. but that of course includes rnb hip/hop the electronic derivates etc etc etc

also of course these social and cultural trends we're looking at are very recent. That being said, I agree that jazz and some of MF Dooms work are highly succesfull pieces of art. This is BECAUSE, as you point out ,they don't anchor themselves to any nonsense identity politics.

Recent pop albums.
>>
>>69823150
How is it a bad thing that pop music is being political? I honestly think it's a great development to see someone as huge as Beyonce release a political album instead of the studioheads going "noooo you can't do that, you can't anger anyone, you have to please everyone". Pop actually has to say something now. Rock has had nothing to say for 10 years.
>>
>>69823150
dean blunt - black metal
>>
>>69819235
I can see why people picked it for AOTY even if I disagree
>>
>>69823150
this is a very valid point

not everything needs to be political, and pop music is kinda a large part of everything.
>>
>>69823176
>music should ideologically sell itself out
no
>art must "say something"
no
>"saying something" elevates the art above itself, rather than doing the opposite, as per the two previous points
no
>studio heads KEEPING artists from getting political, even though the only thing anyone talks about on social media, blogs, pseudo-media-outlets are highly politicized events, and these same studio heads are incapable of understanding the exceedingly simple equation that political message = album sales and critical acclaim
no

wrong wrong wrong, on all counts. see me after class
>>
>>69823246
>not everything needs to be political
I disagree we need more education on politics to the general public.
reason why trump won the election because nobody knew shit besides buzzwords
>>
>>69823272
is this ironic?
entertainment and artistic mediums carrying politicized messages obviously does not breed political education

if that was ironic then bravo
>>
>>69822267
They also rely on the opposition for exposure & influence. The negative reception around pitchfork has been in play since in the early 2000s. Its factored into their bread & butter. You're playing directly into their hand.
>>
>>69823291
>entertainment and artistic mediums carrying politicized messages obviously does not breed political education
no but it brings awareness which is what we need. instead of just ignoring and hope everything turns alright.
>>
>>69823272
I don't think it's our job to know shit, we should each know a few things, care about of few things, and not be so easily persuaded.

I have a feeling we just said the exact same thing
>>
>>69819235
Well this is really bland. Experimenting a little around soul and R&B music is not really innovative, and not interesting at all if you've not grew up with that kind of music.
>>
>>69823329
It breeds the kind of superficial awareness that is almost worse than none at all. It hides real thought and passes for substance.
>>
>>69823150
>black ppl talking politics in their music is a bad thing because it doesn't concern me bwehhhhhhh
>>
>>69823381
>>
>>69823329
If you wanna have a discussion you gotta be ready to go at it. I don't want to believe anything that can be summed in two sentences. < Lol.
>>
>>69823396
any people talking about any politics is a bad thing, actually

pathologizing other people so as to misrepresent their arguments that make you uncomfortable will only work for you for so long, anon
>>
>>69823381
good point
>>69823424
i just fapped sorry :(
>>
>>69823447
** in lyrical/entertainment/artistic mediums, of course
>>
bitch white folks the thread yall white folk go and eat ur unseasoned chicken ok
>>
>>69823454
thank you, too much coffee today ;(
>>
>>69823447
so according to you punk shouldn't have existed in the first place since a big chunk of it is politically loaded in some way
>>
>>69823547
i dont give a shit about whether or not they should have existed, thats some random ass conclusion you're only projecting onto my argument

political ideology has no place in music. by that axiom, music, punk or not, that employs political ideology is "bad" art. but issues of identity are far more toxic than just flat political ideology, which is what we're dealing more with these days
>>
>>69823696
While we're at it, country shouldn't exist because it sucks ass and i don't like it
>>
>>69823696
>political ideology has no place in music
> issues of identity are far more toxic than just flat political ideology

Careful with that edge you got there, you're gonna cut yourself someday
>>
>>69819844
>2016, year of the perpetual race card
>hurr white people are whiny

Anon, I...
>>
>>69822284
lel get a load of this faggot

go back to twitter
>>
test
>>
>>69819964
But that was not a political choice
>>
>>69824056
>Acknowledging quality of music made by black people is inherently political
>>
>>69822318
>No way one of the greatest bands of all time in its genre couldn't even get a 1/10 from someone.

Sonic Youth better than Nirvana and Green Day.
Lol pleb, Sonic Youth is not even in the top 10 best Pop-Punk bands
>>
>>69824096
>Lemonade and A Seat at the Table
>Quality music
>>
>>69822284
die
>>
>>69824096
No but using a album blackness as criteria to justify your judgement is
>>
>>69823272
thats not true, libs are whining that people knew too much thanks to russia and thats why clinton lost
>>
>>69822753
D'angelo Voodoo
>>
>>69824110
>>
She's right, everywhere you look its white people beating black people, spitting on them

I just saw a group of white people hanging a black man the other day, I said stop that he didn't do anything, they said but hes a nigger, I said ITS 2016 and they said vote trump i'm hitler and set a cross on fire. I went home literally crying and literally shaking
>>
File: lelfons_aberg.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lelfons_aberg.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
I literally stopped browsing pitchfork since they released the aotys list

and I CANT feel better with my decision

Ever since the buyout, the sjw/BLM shilling isnt even subtle
>>
File: e05.jpg (39KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
e05.jpg
39KB, 498x441px
>>69819235
Well yeah, of course nigger of the year wins, it is Pitchfork.
>>
>>69822794
>If you disagree with a provocative statement I make that just proves me right
You're the type to comment "look at all these insecure white men" on p4k social justice articles and masturbate in the thumbs-up your comment receives.
>>
>>69824147
So what you're saying is an album can't talk about race AND be acknowledged as quality without being political pandering?
Man, it's like you can't like anything without someone getting triggered anymore
>>
>>69824260
Everyone knows they are not allowed to give any talented white musician the AOTY god forbid its a man.
>>
>>69824382
yeah thats why the year before a white male didn't win it oh wait

do you not have something better to do with your life than cry over a black female winning for once
>>
>>69824382
Bon Iver and Vampire Weekend say hello.

in b4
>talented
>>
>>69822846
W
W E W
W E W
W
>>
>>69824444
Say goodbye to it every happening again.
>>
>>69824351
I don't care what pitchfork chooses i am not triggered, all i am saying is that saying that using blackness to judge an album is politically motivated and dismissing that it is political is dumb.motivated and dismissing that it is political is just dumb.
>>
>>69824457
not an argument
>>69824459
it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place but p4k did its job by getting kids like you to whine about for more ad revenue
>>
>>69824528
>i am not triggered
Have you read this thread? A fuck ton of people are cause Solange got a largely irrelevant award.

>using blackness to judge an album is politically motivated and dismissing that it is political is dumb
So because the subject matter is political, it is impossible to enjoy an album for non-political reasons?
>>
another talentless black person being awarded AOTY. why am I not suprised.

Trump will fix this.
>>
>Solange 1st
>Beyonce 3rd

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS
>>
>>69824766
Pitchfork are run by such nu-males they would be fired if they didn't
>>
>>69823696
>political ideology has no place in music
Kek, we listen to music to experience personal catharsis. If political ideology facilitates that catharsis, then the art has accomplished its goal and is therefore neither good or bad. "Bad" art is art that is in some sense, artificial. This can include political ideology (making music political but having virtually nothing interesting to say), but this also includes mass produced music for profit or music that attempts to be X for the sake of X (like masturbatory complexity). I would consider that to be bad music, where there is an objectively artificial element to it. I would also consider high end clothing to be "bad art", because it puts up an artificial barrier (finance) to its enjoyment.

Now I haven't listened to Solange, and you may be right that the political commentary in this album is superficial and therefore "bad", but the punk movement is probably the best example of political ideology in music done right I can think of.
>>
File: tumblr_nnx4eiDvCv1ut727bo1_500.jpg (63KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnx4eiDvCv1ut727bo1_500.jpg
63KB, 500x432px
I've followed this website since 2010, almost 7 years of my life.

Almost every day I check their site around 10'o clock, just out of habit at this point. Even if I'm busy or not near a computer, when 10 comes around I think, "Oh hey, that's when pitchfork puts out reviews."

I know the scores of most of my favorite albums, of albums I hate, of all the big releases. I could name the top 10 of just about every year I've followed, and of decade lists they've done, all kinds of stuff. I always submit my list to the readers' poll, especially that big one they did of the 2000s.

The site has long since ceased to be good. I probably started to hate it somewhere in 2013/2014. But still I've kept this ritual.

Why? Why have I done this? Why waste any mental energy on this site which has clearly gone down the tubes entirely in quality, if they were ever actually good?

This is somewhat of a wakeup call, /mu/. How did I get to this point? I feel like I'm waking up from a long dream, like I slept through the last 7 years.

Surely I can't be alone in this. Does anyone else know what I mean?
>>
>>69825034
Your taste in music has diverged from Pitchfork. It's fine.
I've never bothered with the site more than to keep up with some releases and idle curiosity to see how my opinion compares. The actual reviews have always been spotty and self indulgent. The ratings have usually been OK, but treating it as if it's gospel has always been a dumb idea
>>
>>69825034
internet addiction, and you literally have nothing else in your life going on
>>
>>69819844
>>69822794
these
if you guys hate this album than stop talking about it so fucking much
I've seen 3 threads each day since p4k named it aoty and none of them even talks about the music
>>
Whenever the best-of lists are released anons bitch about how they've "lost all respect" for Pitchfork but then the same thing happens next year.
>>
>>69819235
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YOU LOST SHITLORD
PITCHFORK WAS UNBEARABLY WHITE AND WE WONZ IT!!!!!
WE
WUZ
BNM
>>
>>69826629
People are actually dropping p4k, though
just look at the p4k general on this board. it used to hit bump limit every night a few years ago, now we barely get thirty posts on busy nights kek
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.