[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you stop taking fagtano seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Capture.png (467KB, 796x460px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
467KB, 796x460px
When did you stop taking fagtano seriously?
>>
I never took him seriously, I never got why people allowed music critics to formulate their own opinions on albums instead of thinking for themselves.
>>
When I learned about Scaruffi
>>
File: c.png (668KB, 588x587px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
668KB, 588x587px
>>69807784
vroom vroom is lit
>>
When he started getting annoying about music he didn't like. He's pretty mean to be honest
>>
>>69807784
His opinions are literally RYM's. Nothing that controversial
>>
>>69807784
When /mu/ started basing all of their musical opinions off of his reviews. Never took him all that seriously, but I enjoyed his reviews to an extent.
>>
>>69807784
>BOO HOO HE GAVE A POP ARTIST #1 EP
He also gave Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites a 7/10 back in 2010 when his following was very small. He's always given controversial ratings like this
>>
>>69807784
when i realized he intentionally gives mediocre albums bad reviews to generate more buzz
>>
>>69807784
When /mu/ turned on him I started taking him way more seriously.
>>
Vroom Vroom is actually good though.

One of the few things fantano got right

weak b8
>>
>>69807865
>vroom vroom
>mediocre

pick 1
>>
>>69807784
never really did, but he lost all credibility when he referred to a track with two rappers on it as only having one lol

if you can't tell the difference between two clearly different voices and delivery, you should just stop
>>
When he gave Carrie & Lowell a 6.
>>
>>69807784
After his Visions review.
>>
>>69807784
>E V E R taking someone's opinion on music seriously in the first place
you are a sad, strange little man
>>
After giving Syro a bad score
>>
>>69807784
I never started
>>
Can't remember what year it was, but somehow Kyary Pamyu Pamyu made it into his top 10 albums of the year. Not only is that shit taste but shows he knows nothing about JPOP.
>>
He shits out reviews most of the time in a hurry without even doing proper research into the artist and some of the songs even. He has a week at most to get the most views out of an album before people stop caring about it that much so can't really fault him
>>
>>69807784
Music taste is subjective
>>
>>69807862
that's actually a very good ep tho
>>
File: cantwakeup.png (467KB, 711x635px) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.png
467KB, 711x635px
>>69807784
when I saw you call him "fagtano," that's when i realized
>>
I never took him seriously but i stopped watching him after his Captain Murphy's Duality review.
>>
>>69807951
he what
>>
>>69808401
>implying there's absolutely no objectivity to music taste
>>
i never took him seriously but i stopped watching him after he gave pic related a 5/10
>>
>>69807823
what about that one meshuggah album he gave like a 3 or lower and rym has it at like 3.8+
>>
>>69807784
What does it mean "take him seriously"?
>>
>>69808637
There is none
>>
When he referred to BTBAM as metalcore.

When he refused to say Niggas on the Moon.
>>
>>69808637
there isn't
>>
>>69807784
>In Summer not being the best EP
wew lad
>>
>>69807795
Pretty much this. I enjoy his videos from time to time but I see no reason why he's anything special.
I hope that anyone who users a review to argue why something is good/bad is doing it ironically
>>
>>69808637
Here is a quick memo:

Music theory is objective
Music taste is subjective
>>
>>69808769
he has a handful of things like that, but so does your average RYM user. Fantano isn't really shocking or unpredictable generally
>>
>>69807784
when he doesn't understand an artist, he thinks they're trying to trick him and thinks they're fake. it's pretty funny how shallow his mind is.
>>
When he neglected to review this.
>>
I enjoy his videos.
>>
>>69807784
what's the problem? he masturbate thinking about charli? we all do
>>
Vroom Vroom actually is indeed an amazing EP. what are you on about? he gives way more "inaccurate" ratings than that

still, i agree with the idea of not taking him seriously
>>
>not loving Vroom Vroom

honestly one of the more memorable releases to drop this year

some of the shit she is performing with sophie that will potentially be on upcoming LP is amazing. Saw him play what is now "Burning Rubber" about 6 months ago and shit WENT OFF
>>
i never did in the first place
>>
>>69809348
>>69809189
>>69807812
PC music is terrible and you should feel terrible
>>
Vroom Vroom was great. I think Carly Rae Jep shoulda been #1 though :^)
>>
File: 1475276533554.png (830KB, 790x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1475276533554.png
830KB, 790x1250px
>>
When he didn't review polymer this year, but reviewed KA
>>
Government plates 6/10
>>
>>69808637

music is THE most fucking subjective thing on the planet

people listen to merzbow dude
>>
>>69809912
because merzbow is objectively good
>>
>>69810026
i like merzbow but he isnt "objectively" good. perfectly understandable why even people with weird tastes wouldnt like his shit
>>
>>69807784
Many moments lead up to it but this single review cemented that I will always take his reviews with a healthy amount of sodium.

Fantano has absolutely dreadful taste in electronic music.
>>
>>69807817
Have you been on /mu/ lately?
>>
File: 620.gif (2MB, 332x311px) Image search: [Google]
620.gif
2MB, 332x311px
>>69807784
Music is subjective. Don't rely on Pitchfork, /mu/ or Fantano for your taste in music. You can take him "seriously" because he does have a lot of valid arguments, but that's just his opinion. He likes black metal and Kendrick Lamar, I hate both of them. But I still agree with him on other artists.
>>
I feel like he gave this EP #1 solely because he just didn't listen to many EPs this year.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.