[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about Flying Lotus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: FlyingLotus_2.jpg (94KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
FlyingLotus_2.jpg
94KB, 1000x580px
How does /mu/ feel about Flying Lotus?
>>
>>69807637
Genius. This generation's Aphex Twin and Herbie Hancock combined
>>
>>69807960
>Aphex Twin and Herbie Hancock combined
>Herbie Hancock

I need to listen to everything he's ever made immediately.
>>
>>69807637
I want German Haircut to be played when I die
>>
instant goat
>>
He's a fucking genius and Cosmogramma is his GOAT
>>
>>69808082
los angeles is better
>>
>>69807637
I met him in a grocery store once, seemed like a nice guy
>>
>>69808128
was the pasta originally made about him? i've heard otherwise
>>
>>69808297
That's what I always thought. Sounds like something he'd do 2bh.
>>
>>69807972
You need to listen to everything he's made immediately, bearing in mind that You're Dead and Duality are a bit of a drop off. His discography is fantastic tho, and one of the shining points of my first years listening to music before college.

I think he deserves a lot of respect as someone who helped non-clubby non-gangsta hip hop become relevant and for continuing to churn out string beats after Dilla died. Utmost appreciation for his music I really can't say enough about the guy.

Time and place though. Period matters and you can't expect his music to sound quite as fresh as it dead back them. But for me and not just me a lot of my friends and a lot of people in general (got to know one of my best because of fly lo), listening to 1983 and LA and Cosmo was akin to hearing NLDW or Money Store for the first time in 2012.

He was (is?) an AS posterboy and there's a reason.
>>
>>69808404
Yeah this when I first heard Cosmogramma I was convinced no other music like it existed. Closest things before were J Dilla and DJ Spooky

Now we've got Arca and Shigeto with a flylo-influenced style, but flylo's legacy is already secured
>>
Overrated but still really good
>>
How does /mu/ feel about Dying Fetus?
>>
>>69807960
More like this generation's Hendrix
>>
BUT WHEN WILL HE DROP NEW CAPTAIN MURPHY????
>>
>>69809085
not even jking i think their breakdowns are badass
>>
>>69807960
>I have no idea what I'm talking about: the Anon
>>
>tfw you realize LA is probably one of the best electronic albums of the 00's.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.