[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Boards of Canada or Aphex Twin /mu/?
>>
BoC. Aphex is too erratic.
>>
AT, erratic is good
>>
aphex twin for variety and better tunes

boards of canada if i want to fall asleep
>>
>>69807362
BOC, I found a lot of SAW 85-92 to be underwhelming, save for the obvious songs like Xtal.
>>
File: R-6156-1180045105.jpeg.jpg (87KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
R-6156-1180045105.jpeg.jpg
87KB, 600x595px
Why ask a question you know the answer to?
>>
BoC has more great albums than AT
>>
both ofcourse
>>
They're both good to listen to a couple times a year. Any more than that and they start to wear thin.

I honestly like autechre better than both of them.
>>
>>69807888
>boards of canada if i want to fall asleep
I hope you mean that in the best possible way, because it's true.
>>
Aphex, I've tired out every BoC album except for Campfire. Meanwhile I can just put on any aphex album and listen.
>>
Yeah, you're not gonna get a straight answer. It's more about what you prefer personally.

BoC is the easiest to listen to and the least adventurous, they're fun and chill, but most of their stuff has the same old 90s downtempo vibe that gets stale after a while.

Aphex Twin has the best mix between musicality and experimentation, and I'd say he's also the most talented, he jumps between genres like it's nothing. Plus, just like BoC, you know instantly when you hear one of his tracks, only unlike them, AT doesn't feel hackneyed. He's by far the most fun to listen to, imo.

Autechre sacrifice musicality for experimentation and working with algorithms, so if you're into the more complex stuff, they're probably the best at it nowadays, although they're even more tiring to listen to than AT, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

And then there's Venetian Snares, if you wanna be a huge weirdo.
>>
BoC. Aphex Twin is a bit of a douche imo
>>
>>69807362

BoC. AT is too bleep bleep for me, in a very vague techno way. I prefer BoC's downtempo approach.
>>
Aphex is the fucking best. Fuck boards of shit.
>>
You cant really compare them 2bh.
>>
>>69809008
what about skrillex
>>
>>69807362
Music Has The Right To Children > AT > BoC

Love both though
>>
>>69809008
Geogaddi is pretty adventurous
>>
Autechre
>>
>>69810849
Sure, it's their most unique, but I mean, you still can't really compare BoC with AT in that aspect. If you look at AT, all of his main albums are very different from each other. He's always trying to do new things, push his own limits, experiment with new things, not afraid of losing his fans. BoC are a great downtempo ambient techno IDM band and I like them a lot, but come on, they're on two completely different planes and not comparable in the least.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.