[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many women use unnecessary swearing in their music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: z7WN1j1m.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
z7WN1j1m.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Why do so many women use unnecessary swearing in their music?

Is it because they want to sound threatening and edgy because they're the weaker gender and even /mu/ could take them in a fight?

Here's a "few" examples: Lana del Rey, Marina and the diamonds, Charli XCX, Sky Ferreira, Banks, Iggy Azelia, Beyoncé, Melanie Martinez, Lauren Mayberry, Nikki Minaj, FKA Twigs and many more.
>>
>>69803519
>Is it because they want to sound threatening and edgy because they're the weaker gender and even /mu/ could take them in a fight?
right now you sound edgy

but its following the trend that i wanna say the weeknd started with making edgier pop music.
>>
>>69803519
probably because they actually swear in real life all the time. Except for Lauren, that ole keebler elf looking ass
>>
>>69803519
because all women are devoid of all femininity nowadays. Just talk to any random woman under 30 now
>>
>>69803592
>Just talk to any random woman under 30 now
they call every guy daddy idk wtf u talking about
>>
Have you named just about every relevant female artist. Because if so that's a pretty decent list you got there OP. I'm generally not into pop music but you could whip up a genuinely good collection of albums with just the artists on that list.
>>
>>69803624
But Marina, Lana, Sky and Lauren are irrelevant
>>
File: 1476762804705.png (50KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1476762804705.png
50KB, 184x184px
>>69803602
Which is incredibly off-putting
>>
>>69803704
nah just call them mommy :)
>>
>>69803568
>Except for Lauren, that ole keebler elf looking ass
I literally just choked on my water
>>
>>69803519
Marina swore once and it was motherfucker in Can't pin me down. research before you talk shit
>>
>>69804291
it still was unnecessary and cringy as fuck, all her albums contain swearing and it's cringy and edgy everytime
>>
>>69804631
her albums doesnt really contain any swearing, but indeed edgy and some cringy lyrics
>>
>>69803519
whats wrong with swears? or why single out women? you sound like a close minded misogynist
>>
>>69804926
>Spilt the milk at breakfast
>Hit me double hard
>And I grinned at you softly
>Because I'm a fucking wild card
From The Outsider on TFJ
>Well you don't know fuck about my family
Seventeen from TFJ and Mermaid vs. Sailor
>You don't love me, big fucking deal
Starring Role from Electra Heart

and the cringiest of them all
>You can't call my bluff
>Time to back off, motherfucker
Can't pin me down from Froot
>>
>>69803519
Give me one lyric from each of these artists that contains unnecessary swearing. No, using the word fuck to mean fuck doesn't count.
>>
>>69805030
oh well, never thought about these, since they arent that bad, but cant pin me down is really cringy. and you forgot guilty as the most edgy song of hers. still i love to listen to her music
>>
This type of music was forced into a castrated and family oriented mode for years after the Religious Right crusades of the 1980s.

"Music fans" in the 90s and 00s criticized radio pop for this endlessly.

Now theres a few curse words and we're still upset.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.