[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Björk calls people out on their blatant sexism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1000x1205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1000x1205px
Apparently people were mad that they couldn't see her during her DJ set at a festival in Texas, and this is what she had to say:

"i am aware of that it is less of a year since i started djing publicly so this is something people are still getting used to and my fans have been incredibly welcoming to me sharing my musical journey and letting me be me . its been so fun and the nerd in me editing together pieces of others peoples songs for weeks , gets to share the different coordinates i feel between some of the most sublime music i know .
but some media could not get their head around that i was not "performing" and "hiding" behind desks . and my male counterparts not . and i think this is sexism . which at the end of this tumultuous year is something im not going to let slide : because we all deserve maximum changes in this revolutionary energy we are currently in the midst of
its gotta be worth it
anyways
women in music are allowed to be singer songwriters singing about their boyfriends . if they change the subject matter to atoms , galaxies , activism , nerdy math beat editing or anything else than being performers singing about their loved ones they get criticized : journalists feel there is just something missing ... as if our only lingo is emo ...
i made volta and biophilia conscious of the fact that these were not subjects females usually write about . i felt i had earned it . on the activist volta i sang about pregnant suicide bombers and for the independence of faroe islands and greenland . on the pedagogic biophilia i sang about galaxies and atoms but it wasnt until vulnicura where i shared a heartbreak i got full acceptance from the media . men are allowed to go from subject to subject , do sci fi , period pieces , be slapstick and humorous , be music nerds getting lost in sculpting soundscapes but not women . if we dont cut our chest open and bleed about the men and children in our lives we are cheating our audience ."

Thoughts?
>>
>>69803466
I saw her set. it wasn't good....
Anyway shes right about the sexism for female djs
but her set like i said was pretty boring
>>
>male counterparts

Any of them as famous as regular artists as she is?
>>
File: shanemacgowan.jpg (15KB, 252x378px) Image search: [Google]
shanemacgowan.jpg
15KB, 252x378px
literally what the FUCK is she ever talking about
>>
Surely this is down to the fact that Bjork is seen as a singer-songwriter in the eyes of the public and people expected a Bjork performance.
>>
>>69803466

Most audiences prefer music about love and relationships over abstract subjects. I really don't think this is a male or female thing.
>>
>>69803538
yeah true and shes also forgetting that because of her name of singer-songwriter stuff that she was able to headline. because her djing is pretty average
>>
>>69803466
>on the activist volta i sang about pregnant suicide bombers and for the independence of faroe islands and greenland . on the pedagogic biophilia i sang about galaxies and atoms

I really like her and everything, but really, how full of herself is she? Also her song about "pregnant suicide bombers" is downright embarrassing.
>>
>>69803466
who cares she likes to fuck animals
>>
Kinda weird that she even cares
>>
>volta and biophilia
>citing your two worst albums as evidence of how creative you are
>>
would still bang
>>
im just going to ignore this stupid thing she said
>>
>>69803564
This is is probably the most common problem people had. I went to this festival with my dad, who has been a fan of hers since the 90's, and he was very excited to see her sing. He isn't too much a fan for DJ sets and left Bjorks set disappointed.
>>
The key is to not care what the critics say as by nature they are always a little bit behind the artists
>>
>>69803466
>women in music are allowed to be singer songwriters singing about their boyfriends . if they change the subject matter to atoms , galaxies , activism , nerdy math beat editing or anything else than being performers singing about their loved ones they get criticized

???
>>
>>69804523
Pretty true though isn't it
>>
File: 1467354456759.jpg (26KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
1467354456759.jpg
26KB, 600x415px
>>69804601
if you're not baiting i'm very confused
>>
>>69803466
I loved Biophilia before she released Vulnicura so...
>>
>>69803466
this is fucking ridiculous

i was there and she wore a mask. so did squarepusher. aphex twin hid behind a wall.

some people complained about all three of them. other people didn't give a fuck and enjoyed the music

then she says that men are "allowed" to be music nerds

that's fucking bullshit. all of her music is gimmicky as fuck. her only good records are when Matmos did all the work for her. She's an image-based musician, and she should probably start taking music more seriously instead of thinking "what image do i want for my next record?"

and no one EVER says those things about Joanna Newsom or Laurie Anderson or Julia Holter or Angel Olsen or Zola Jesus or Neko Case or K.D. Lang or Liz Harris because those are female musicians who are actually trying to make innovative high-quality music that represents themselves, not whoring themselves out in a big fucking "look at me i'm so interesting" parade, I swear to fucking god

I didn't have a problem with Bjork until I saw her mediocre DJ set and then read about her blaming men for this gay shit. Like what a fucking bitch, you get so much attention for being a qt grill xD and then you whine that people don't take you seriously, well then DONT BE A FUCKING POP STAR, of course people would complain if lady gaga hid behind a wall at a concert because her music is shit and people like her for her image. Learn from this you dumb cunt.
>>
>The general public is more open to consuming generic, easily-relateable shit over songs about goddamn atoms and suicide bombing pregnant women
Wow, really? I had no idea.
>>
Why can't women use their brains more, like for example men do, then they wouldn't yap so much shit like Bjorn just did.
>>
>>69804720
When Matmos did all the work for her? ALL of it? Lmao how dense can you be.
>>
>>69804720
thanks for proving her point kek
>>
>>69805199
m8 i was at her set. it wasn't good
did you see it?
>>
>>69803538

To be fair, they were advertised as DJ sets, and she's been doing them for some time now.
>>
>>69804720

Matmos just added some beats on Vespertine when it was 99% complete. Don't know how much they did on Medulla. And she takes her music pretty seriously.
>>
>>69803466
Well she's right. She was clearly performing a DJ set, not a Bjork concert. However I'm not sure if it's sexist.. the same thing might happen if some male musician who normally does traditional shows were to put on a DJ set

She's definitely right about women being more accepted when they perform songs about love and getting with guys. Right around the time she started being more experimental in the '90s, the media started shunning her. However one thing she doesn't mention is that all of her recent albums are critically acclaimed by people who actually care about music
>>
Bjork is one of those artists that tons of people, even if they aren't a fan of hers, still want to to perch on their mantles and say "Oh, I've seen Bjork perform" at parties and stuff. I can imagine Houston hipsters going to her appearance just for this reason and got disappoined when she was just djing behind a desk
>>
>>69805630
>I'm not sure if it's sexist
It's not. It's a go to card for a lot of female artists nowadays, especially ones who are bleeding popularity. Since when were men 'allowed' to suck?
>>
>>69803466
>if we dont cut our chest open and bleed about the men and children in our lives we are cheating our audience
This is beyond self centred and delusional. We this, we that...I can't stand when people try to divine what some collective is collectively thinking.
>>
>>69804720
nigga u are straight up down syndrome sorry to say
>>
Even the Beatles got a lot less popular when they did more political/artsy stuff.
>>
>>69803466
I feel like shit other people get to see her not me. Fug.
>>
She's too old
>>
File: 3TY3Aya.png (100KB, 1254x261px) Image search: [Google]
3TY3Aya.png
100KB, 1254x261px
>>69804720
>>
>>69804720
while you're write about Bjork putting heavy emphasis on her image it's in tandem with the amount of effort she puts into her music, even when it's not that great (which is how I feel about her last three albums).

the Matmos dude added a few touches to Vespertine. Mark Bell from LFO was the one she collaborated with heavily during the 90s, the key word being COLLABORATED. every artist back then worked with producers, either for added help or just because they really liked one particular person's music (which is why she works with Arca now).

I can't deny that there are some female musicians who care more about their physical appearance and image than actual music (and men as well, Father John Misty is a perfect example of this), but Bjork just doesn't fall into that category. if anyone attended that festival and actually expected a live performance, then they didn't read the fine print, Bjork always advertises her DJ sets as nothing more than a DJ set
>>
>>69806032
you're the most dense trip i've ever seen
why would you put yourself through the embarassment of people recognizing the shit you write? filtered
>>
She's right
>>
>>69804720
wrong on many levels

>>69805239
the discussion is not if her set was good or not you faggot
>>
>>69804523
How does she explain her own success singing about all kinds of random nonsense then?
>>
>>69803538
wrong
They do everything they can to say "DJ SET" and this is not a bjork show but a DJ performance, I don't think anyone could reasonably expect anything other than a DJ performance
>>
>>69807440
Wasn't a trip, dumbass.
>>
File: checkem.gif (1MB, 266x349px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.gif
1MB, 266x349px
>>69803466

people still care about Bjork?
Wow, I had no idea...

Isn't she like 70 now?
>>
>>69807713
weak bait
>>
>>69807584

Bjork being an ugly non-woman making trash music has been an extremely common punchline in comedy for decades, she's been successful but obviously not in every sense of the word. Then you look at successful musicians in general and see how rare her marginal social success has been, almost everyone else either sings someone else's pop songs or has a penis.
>>
>>69807851
It's almost like not being a typical commercial artist limits mainstream success or something.

It should be noted that many do not seem to like her voice, several of my female friends do not like her for that reason.
>>
>>69807511
m8 i was at the event. i paid good money for a show
not amateur night at the dj booth
>>
>>69807440
When you come to Los Angeles you can suck my cock.
>>
>>69807713
>>/b/
>>
>>69803466

She's right you know.
>>
File: tips pizza.jpg (52KB, 640x802px) Image search: [Google]
tips pizza.jpg
52KB, 640x802px
>>69803466
>makes uninteresting "experimental xDDD" popshit
>looks like a failed abortion
>has a conceited attitude about it
Does this bitch have any positive qualities?
>>
>>69803466
This is like some sort of collective mental disorder people are going through. These are just generally shitty times to live in. I feel like the world I'm living in is completely neurotic and insane, and it always seems like there are undertones of seething hatred at the center of people taking offense to everything.
>>
>>69803466
I don't really like Bjork's music because it's not very good but sure I think that's possibly a valid criticism...I'm not sure how valid it is because it's hard to find women who do sing about whatever...but men always sing about women too...sooo...it would be easier to have a discussion if examples were provided that weren't her music
>>
>>69807595
Well then it sounds like the real problem is that journalists don't know how DJ sets work.
>>
>>69803466
Does she not understand that people would ask the same questions of Justin Timberlake or whoever the kids listen to these days? She's a performer, she's most known for performing; of course her deciding to not perform would come as a shock.
>>
>>69807994
The festival said she was Djing not doing her usual show. Get over yoself
>>
>>69809890
well she delivered an inferior product and received a poor reception, that's how it works...you can't keep blaming failures on some ism
>>
So tickets should cost less for her dj sets? Anyone who didn't get the memo would only have themselves to blame.
>>
this falls in the same category as a black person calling a negative critic racism.

there is sexism in the music industry but let's not blame everything on it. if tom yorke decided to put up dj sets in festivals instead ppl would probably criticize him for not singing or doing some sort of live performance instead
>>
as if we need another female celebrity has been to jump on the sexism bandwagon, shit is getting old
>>
Literally who in 2016 is saying that women cannot perform, besides /pol/?
This is such a fucking stupid argument
>>
>>69810709
Not really a good comparison, Thom has done DJ sets and hasn't gotten flack from it as far as I can see (tho I might be wrong), but I get what you're saying. I agree with Bjork on the problems of sexism in the industry but I do wonder how much of the backlash was her doing a DJ set as opposed to singing.
>>
Honestly disappoints me that someone like bjork has succumbed to this SJW way of thinking. I thought she was more intelligent than that.
>>
>>69811135
>sexism in the industry
you ever get bent over the tank and get called Fuel Tank Frank?
>>
>>69809890
i know that and the set still sucked
she had better shit up on soundcloud ffs
>>
>>69810709
>Tom Yorke
>>
>>69811175
um no shes always been like that?
got btfo by lars and whined when she didn't win
>>
>>69803466
i don't know. i can't think of single sci fi, period piece, slapstick, etc male artist that is popular in a mainstream sense. i think journalist don't care about that shit no matter if they're male or female
>>
>>69809679
Funny, I do like her music and yet I think she is full of shit.
>>
>>69811175
It's just cringe inducing seeing her try to be 'intellectual'...she's always been sentimental and irrational as fuck; that's the whole appeal of her style and music.
>>
>>69811223
shes probably referring to this song desuhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4
>>
>go to see an artist live
>expect artist to be centerpiece of set
>can barley even see artist
>get called a sexist for critisizing the set
What is even going on in this world
>>
>nerdy math beats
god fucking damnit

sounds about like something someone with an ego would say
>>
Who loves lyrics about relationships and heartbreak and why? I hate that shit but it's true it's popular. Except I assumed the prevalence was due to a lack of creativity.
>>
>>69804948
>man says something stupid
>"wow that was stupid"
>woman says something stupid
>"wow women are stupid"
>>
lets see since bjork is a woman. shes probably is referring to some guy she knows calling her a hack

don't worry /mu/ she isn't talking about u white males
>>
>>69811175

Somewhat off-topic but I just wanted to point out how perfectly this post demonstrates the stupidity of using "SJW" as an insult. This is literally a SJW way of thinking, as in "sexism in industry X is undesirable and we should work to fix it" is actually how people fight for social justice, which is a good thing. You can't refer to a thing as exactly what it is and have that still work as an insult, it just doesn't hit right. "That novel is such a book." "Burgers are food!" See how stupid it is?

By all means feel free to disagree with what groups of people say and insult them accordingly, just take the time to come up with an insult that actually makes the slightest bit of sense.
>>
>>69811282
and yet no one is talking about them anymore and we're still talking about bjork.
>>
>>69811375
Literally the same thing happens with men. Drop the straw statements.
>>
>>69811423
>180m views on youtube
show me a bjork video with 180m views
>>
>>69811426
>Literally the same thing happens with men
literally not true
>>
>>69811392
>u white males
we're not in a period where can be anything other than 'systematic' to people who use the term sexism or misogynist. Individuality is dead.
>>
>>69811404
Fine
why has bjork succumbed to straight white male way of thinking
>>
>>69811456
Literally true. The idea that men are dumber than women is an old ass trope.
>>
>>69811460

What a unique and special statement you have brought to the table, truly you are a shining beacon of individuality.
>>
>>69811480
oh I'm sorry I forgot commercials and shitty sitcoms were representative of real life
>>
>>69811512
tell that to the SJWs.
>>
>>69811538
I'm not even sure what you're talking about here
>>
>>69811505
Sarcasm can't substitute truth.
>>
Were there no females at this concert? Was it only males saying they couldn't see her?
I haven't been to many DJ sets, but I always like it more when i can see the DJ'er DJ'ing out, what exactly was she doing that sparked this?
>>
>>69811512
women are better than men
old news bro

>>69811569
she hid in the back we couldn't see her. aphex twin did the same shit and we hated it. his set was meh also
>>
>>69811556
the originally assertion you made is the same kind of trope and just as irrelevant
>>
>>69811556
He is saying that the media (I.e. what bjork is talking about here) is what SJWs use to represent the real world. For example, i recently read an article that advocated that rape culture was very much alive, because the lead female on New Girl said "it's not sexy if a man asks permission to kiss you." Therefore, according to this article, commercials and shitty sitcoms are representative of real life
>>
>>69811456
Men who sleep around are called chauvinist pigs while women who sleep around are "empowered". Men are dumb idiots on tv while women are rational and calm. Men are the victims of 40% of domestic abuse but male domestic abuse is treated like a joke
>>
baka men are the worst
>>
>>69811561

And the truth is that individuality has never been a significant part of human civilization. Your parents lied to you. The present day in America literally provides some of the greatest individual freedom we've literally ever seen and everyone still turns out as a cookie cutter member of a few select groups, the truth is that people want to be like other people who they like and end up becoming nobody special or noteworthy in the process. Individuality isn't "dying," it's been given its only real chance to date and it decided suicide was the best option.
>>
>>69804051
volta is great fuck off
>>
>>69811628
Okay dude, now you're just being autistic. Women who sleep around are all labelled as sluts. Women are all labelled as crazy and bitches. I disagree with the other guy as well, men are are also blanket generalised as well, especially when its concerned with rape, and not being emotional or taking things seriously or shit.
But, when it's applicable i think it's fair, if a woman is complaining about something petty, it goes pretty hand in hand with the SJW image, and some might make a blanket statement. Either way, you're both right and wrong
>>
>>69811584
Well thats shit then, I'm still completely confused as to why she labelled this as sexism though?
>>
>>69811605
what
what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>69811674
don't forget guys who lift weights are brain dead jocks!
>>
>>69811674
>Women who sleep around are all labelled as sluts.
Like 20 years ago. The narrative has changed. I dare you to find me any modern pop media that portrays women as being crazy and emotional. You talk like were still in the 50s
>>
>>69811702
I haven't really heard this in real life. But if you say so anon.
>>
>>69811694
i mean the sexism exists so maybe shes taking this chance to bring it to light. but her set sucked
>>
>>69811718
Well, see you're talking about pop songs. I'm talking about other media, real life and everyday conversation.
So many male comedians talk about how crazy and irrational women are, again women do the same to men being dickheads. I'm just saying to call either side saying it as sexist is dumb. Stop feeling sorry for your gender or whatever it is you're trying to do
>>
>>69811723
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/galanty-miller/society-is-prejudiced-aga_b_5693255.html
>>
>>69811723
Ive also never heard people say "women are insanse and untrustworthy" in real life but everyone talks like that a real thing people say
>>
>>69811727
>sexism exists
sexism isn't a real thing
>>
>>69811727
How exactly is it sexist? Who complains that women can't do these things? If you look at top 40 songs its almost always about romance, from either guys or girls. That or black social issues cause of mah rap.
Who the fuck listens to lyrics nowadays anyway? If you made a pop song as a female and talked about something else, i doubt they'd be bashed for it.
If she thinks that men can go off and do different thinks and women can't in the music industry, she's dead wrong. Heaps of bands and artists get lambasted for doing something different to what they've always done. The one's that don't are the ones that do it succesfully.
>>
>>69811809
I understand not agreeing with a lot of what feminism stands for, but saying sexism doesn't exist is retarded
>>
>>69811769
>Well, see you're talking about pop songs.
I said pop media as in tv, pop music, ads, social media, etc.
>>
>>69811772
That article gave me aids. Who gives a fuck, go to the gym and workout faggot and stop crying about it.
>>
>>69811844
>saying sexism doesn't exist is retarded
It literally doesn't.
>>
>>69811883
explain how
>>
>>69811809
>>69811834
idk maybe u guys don't dj or attend live events. but its common for male djs to scoff at the female djs and critic their every set.
its not talked about much online
>>
>>69811849
I'm confused to if we're even disagreeing at this point anymore. But I guess because some media tries to push this feminist agenda doesnt mean that its represented irl
>>
She has an interesting point, but I don't see how it relates to people wanting to see her while she performs, whether or not it's a DJ set.
>>
>>69811916
It's just taste. Who cares. Women aren't collectively owed anything.
>>
>>69811916
>hmmmm fair enough. I don't attend them, so I'll have to take you word for it. I can see that as being true though. I feel like i've see both sides though. I've been to female shows, and they've spent the whole time telling the audience how kickass females are, and the other acts would tell us as well. And it's like, cool, just give us the music instead of giving yourself a highfive because you're a girl. But i guess they do that cause they have seen sexism in the industry. (This was a punk band tbf, heavily dominated by men) Also, they told all the females to come up to the front and for the men not to push around too much, so whatever
>>
>>69811963
yeah i agree its just taste
>>69811974
think overall its just a couple shitty guys that crap on them and they take it out on other men. its like when men get cheated on by a certain girl and auto-assume every girl of that type is a slut.
bad experiences and we have to deal with the trauma they've faced
>>
Taylor Swift always sings about her exes, and people give her shit for that, but if she ever sang about anything else, they'd probably give her shit for that as well.
You could label this as sexism, or you could label it as people not trusting her to actually cover other topics cause she never has. Idk
Anything can be labelled as sexism these days, its hard to discern what actually is and isnt.
>>
>>69809602
Did you ever read what she is complaining about?

>>69809806
Even when the event clearly said that it was only a DJ set?

>>69809987
The poor reception was not over the DJ set itself, but because she was doing her usual singing thing

>>69810709
Thom has done DJ sets before with no complaints

>>69811223
Bowie, the Byrds, Outkast, Parliament, Pink Floyd, Rush, Iron Maiden, Gorillaz, etc.

>>69811341
The thing is, they're going to hear A DJ SET, not seeing Björk perform live

>>69811372
I think the prevalence is because they are universal topics, an pop music looks for mass appeal

>>69811718
You live in a little bubble, learn a little bit more about what's going on around the world for women
>>
>>69803466
WDSMBT
>>
>>69812008
>I'm using a situation that never happened to enforce my point
Feminism makes sense now
>>
>>69812070
t.women outcast
>>
I'm not much help here on what women can and can't think about, cause i mainly listen to male artists kek
I think A LOT of females do sing about activism though, from what i can tell when i listen to the radio. About the galaxies and the stars? Idk, probably not.
Can someone tell me of female artists that have done this and actually got criticised? I just assumed they sun about heartbreak because thats what sold more.
>>
>>69812148
If you actually read what I said i didn't advocate for any point. It was a hypothetical musing wondering how people would react. I then went to counter that whole hypothetical situation by saying anything can be labelled as sexism if you want it to.
>>
>>69812070
>You live in a little bubble, learn a little bit more about what's going on around the world for women
That being said, women being labelled as a slut, who cares. I know heaps of women that sleep with heaps of men that aren't lambasted as being a slut. And often it is women that call these girls sluts. It is fading away. Again, this is from my personal experience. I know there's different experiences for a lot of different people around the world, but hey, i guess that's just the thing about these kinds of things
>>
idk i agree with her but I still hate when djs just hide in live performances, male or female
>>
>>69812070
whats wrong with being called a slut?
>>
>>69812202
>I'm going to say my opinion was just an observation
>This way I can never be wrong
>>
>>69812291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faovAn-H_Pc
>>
>>69812291
It wasn't an obversation though? I can't really be wrong though, because I represented two sides of a (hypethical) situation, but didn't choose to advocate either. No one can be wrong or right here.
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>69812290
>what's wrong with being called a demeaning word
how dense can one person be
>>
>>69812402
>giving power to a word
again how is being slut a bad thing. mind over matter man
>>
>>69812148
>>69812334
You know you have actual no capability of self-thought because you're using the standard anti-feminist remarks produced by people like milo and the such in reaction to something that wasn't even anti-feminist or pro-feminist
>>
>>69812423
are you being serious?
>if I pretend this word means something else it's not a bad word anymore!
>>
>>69812423
I agree with this. Words both hold a lot of power and no power depending on how you want it to be.
>>
>>69812435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWISiHcGoNg
>>
>>69812455
it really does man. 4chan has used the word faggot and cuck so much that original demeaning meaning means nothing. the power is in your hands to let words offend you
>>
>>69812455
The reason these words hold so much power is because of the reaction of others. If everyone started saying nigga, then it wouldnt become a bad thing to say.
Perhaps thats why girls use the word slut so much now? They're trying to make it their own?
>>
>>69812423
Replace slut with nigger. A better word would probably be promiscuous, it doesn't carry so much weight and you'll get your point across while not insulting anyone
>>
>>69812523
if that makes YOU feel better sure. but my female friends have np being called sluts.
its also common in the LBGT communtiy to call each other sluts
>>
>>69812488
4chan is very different from real life
if someone you didn't know called you a faggot in real life while you were just minding your own business you'd definitely react to it
>>
>>69812523
nigga, hoe, slut, bitch, cunt, asshole, fuckboi, whatever fucking word you want who care.
The fact you choose your words carefully as to not insult anyone says a lot about your character. Be insulted bitch.
>>
>>69812551
lettuce gay bacon tomato
>>
>>69812578
>if someone you didn't know called you a faggot in real life while you were just minding your own business you'd definitely react to it

Yeah of course, you'd react no matter what word they used dumbass
>>
>>69812578
but i am gay....
>>
>>69812619
nice fucking meme
>excuse me
>hey faggot!

yeah totally the same thing

off yourself
>>
>>69812619
you'd react to it very negatively
>>
>>69812627
>faggot is a different example i feel. It's already transcended it's original meaning. Only oversensitive cunts get offended by it's use.
>>
>>69812666
What's even your point dude?
That people don't want to be called a faggot by a random. Faggot is still a derogatory word, it's just no longer derogaroty to just gay people
>>
>>69812551
That's fine. Usually with friends they know where you're coming from.
>>69812600
It's just good manners.
>>
>>69812703
1. Whom the fuck are you quoting.
2. Not how words work.
>>
>>69812755
the greentext was a mistake

LOL not how words work, you're a fucking idiot. Take some classes on linguistics/language if you're not smart enough to come to this conclusion yourself

the defintions of words may not "change" over time, but the way they're perceived do which in turn changes their meanings to society
>>
>>69804051
Biophilia is one of her best
>>
we have a sexism problem in this country, it's called muslims.
>>
this bitch needs to get laid
>>
>>69807851
because men have harder lifes than women now.

all hoes do now is whine about not getting enough of daddys money and jamal fucking another girl.

of course they can't relate to strong female artists like nina simone or joni mitchell anymore.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.