[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Alright, /mu/, I need some help.

>Be me
>Have objectively bad music taste
>Like, seriously bad.
>Meet 8/10 babe at party
>Fall head over heels for her
>She's into me too
>whut.png
>She works at a record store, plays in a few bands, teaches kids music for community service
>Into really obscure, /mu/ tier shit
>Not bad stuff, tho
>"Add me on Spotify, Anon!"
>Add her, start sharing playlists back and forth
>Gives me playlist of amazing shit I've never discovered
>"I'm glad you liked it! You should totally send me some of your favorite stuff back to me".
>shit.exe

/Mu/, I need good music to convince this grill that I'm not a pleb. I'm specifically looking for some good music from the following genres:
>Skate punk
>Synthwave
>Folk
>Hip-Hop

Any and all advice would be appreciated. I have no idea what I can give back to /mu/, but I'm willing to offer our first born child to whoever can help me out with this. Thanks.
>>
what kind of hip hop
give artists she listen to
>>
You are a pleb and that's okay because if you're just willing to learn from her and listen and tslk about what she likes and maybe use it as a springboard to search for other shit, you'll be fine.

She likes you already, so don't poseur like you know jackshit. Just learn from her, look up things you like on spotify and use the related artist tag, and have fun liking each other

Fuck man it's that easy
>>
Like said above, don't be a poseur
Just be honest about you wanting to discover more music and start discovering music yourself that you can show her
I mean, if you just wanna bang you could like I guess
>>
>>69801394
>tUnE-yArDs
>Sylvan Esso
>Neko Case
>FIDLAR
>Diet Cig
>Alvvays
>Cloud Nothings
>Pat the Bunny
>The Weakerthans
>American Football

No idea what kind of hip-hop; she just mentioned that she's been trying to get more into it, so I figured some good entry level shit would be alright.
>>
>>69801451
she's a pleb
drop her
>>
>>69801409
>>69801450
Fuck.

I mean, you two are both right, but I'm an /r9k/ kinda guy and I'm not used to actually having success with women.
>>
She'll see through you, lad. Just be honest.
>>
>>69801474
Just drop this now

Be honest
Accept she knows more than you and let her know what you ACTUALLY like rn.
My fiancé started out telling me she liked Brand New and Jack's Mannequin, now we sometimes snuggle to La Monte Young and listen to This Heat after coitus

Just be an open slate that DOESN'T start a relationship off with lies and faking
>>
>>69801474
>>69801369
Okay you've said your taste is bad but you're not giving any details...

How bad is it...What do YOU listen to??
>>
>>69801451
Kek.
>>
>>69801500
Death Grips, AnCo, DNA, King Crimson etc.
Please help!
>>
>>69801369
>looking for good taste
>comes to /mu/, a hive of trolls and pleb-poseurs
You are not off to a good start.
>>
File: The_Dude.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dude.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>69801497
coitus?!
>>
>>69801500
Bad stuff, man. I almost don't want to share this because I know y'all will laugh me off this thread.

>The Smiths
>Taking Back Sunday
>Reel Big Fish
>Fitz & The Tantrums
>Biffy Clyro
> .38 Special
> Brand New
> Against Me!
> Johnny Foreigner
> Reggie and The Full Effect

>>69801497
Noted. I'm getting that vibe from the thread, so thank you for some proper advice.
>>
>>69801536
...That's..not really that bad, dude?
You really think she'd judge you over that? Cmon dude have a little more confidence in yourself.
>>
>>69801554
Oh, YOU'RE the guy. Other asshole tricked me.

But same thing applies. Doesn't seem that bad. Hell I fucking love the Smiths (I don't know why but I do). Just tell her what you're into and see what she thinks.
>>
>>69801554
Smiths is good though
>>
>>69801554
>" I know y'all will laugh me off this thread."

r9k never ceases to amaze me
>>
HAHAHAHA i fucking love u /mu/

never change
>>
>>69801554
Get out.
>>
>>69801451
>tuneyards
>Cloud Nothings
>Pat the Bunny
>Neko
And you let her play music? Theres only so much I can do for some pussy
>>
>>69801451
>FIDLAR
I know the kind of person she is, and if I'm right, she isn't the kind you want to be stuck in a relationship.
>>
>>69801963
Can you elaborate?
>>
Just gonna piggyback off of other anons and say don't be a poser. If you're just up front with your music she might be into some of it and might even suggest some good shit based off of what you listen to.
>>
>>69801963
>I can tell you what she's like from FIDLAR
I bet people who listen to ICP or Swans all have one single personality too
>>
>>69801554
I'd tell her what you like, but otherwise just send her this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbBf6LPggY
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.