[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is justice progressive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20150807_213942_7549_752892.jpg (114KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
20150807_213942_7549_752892.jpg
114KB, 540x540px
Is "And Justice for All" a "progressive" thrash metal album.

Many reviews and comments from fans of this album would say YES it is. I would say the only prog tracks are the masterpiece "One" and "To Live is to Die". The title track is most certainly NOT prog. Long does not = prog metal and that song is long.

wikipedia states "And Justice for All is musically progressive, with long and complex songs, fast tempos, and few verse-chorus structures. "

your opinion?
>>
It's very prog

seventh son of a seventh son, sabbath bloody sabbath and houses of the holy are also prog too
>>
lol what's with this band and using ellipses?
>>
>going to wikipedia for musical stylings
>>
>>69792403
nope I would disagree Seventh Son. Title track yes, the rest not so much. Sabbath again, not really. Maybe "Killing Yourself To Live" is.

I think a lot of non prog listeners seem to think anything long or more than 3 chord changes is progressive when its not.
>>
>>69792365
The whole album is prog, even Harvester of Sorrow which is maybe the more straightforward songwriting wise has rhythm changes and defragmented structure.
>>
it's unequivocally progressive
>>
What is prog though?
Is it really just stringing together a bunch of different music sections?
Is that really "progressive"? Maybe it was in the late 60's in terms of pop/rock, but not really since then.
idk lads.
>>
>>69792365
what I think is a lot of Metallica fans are die hard sheep. most of them couldn't tell a progressive metal album from a formulaic verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus-bridge structure.

album is not progressive at all sorry.
>>
>>69792365
Watchtower is prog. METALLIAC IS NOT PROG
>>
>>69792611
Prog is taking the formula and beaten paths of a genre and pushing it forward, turning it on its head and experimenting with it while still obeying to the confines and limitations of a genre, hence "progressive".
>>
>>69792841
ok? Watchtower did this before Metallica kid. Go back to your indie rock.
>>
>>69792365
yes it is prog. the title track especially it changes time signature 4 times.

stupid idiots.
>>
>>69794025
uh 4 time signatures ? i dont think so lol.

Blackened and Dyers eve are the only ones.
>>
>obsessing over dumb shit

i dont even want to know what progressive music is
>>
>>69794183
stick shoegaze kid your comments r worthless.
>>
>>69792841
No.

Prog simply means progressive in the sense of "progressing" through "movements" in a song, similar to western classical music which is why the two types of music are often compared and likened to each other. These movements can be differentiated from each other in numerous ways but aren't restricted to chord or timing changes.

AJFA is absolutely, at the very least, on the cusp of being progressive.
>>
>>69794223
time signature changes make a song progressive fool!

METALLIA RULES
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.