[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do autistic people like vaporwave and future funk so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 420.jpg (31KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
31KB, 316x316px
Why do autistic people like vaporwave and future funk so much?
>>
bright colors and simplistic melodies.
>>
>>69790162
They don't. They like shitposting on /mu/.
>>
>>69790162
I d-
>>
Why do autistic people like music so much?
>>
a n i m e
>>
Vapor wave is interesting because it's a musical genre not many people know about it and has also inspired many people to make music like it. I like it because it expresses how like normal people without a big budget can hit the underground scene and shows how creative people can be. Also it sounds nice
>>
>>69790162
>People who don't like what I like are autistic
I mean, I think you're an idiot if you unironically hail it as high art, but honestly it's simply fun. I don't actively listen to it, but it's entertaining music to put on when smoking with friends, since it feels like a drunken parody of 80s pop.
>>
>>69790462
I didn't mean autistic in the meme perjorative way, I meant literal autistic/asperger ifunny kids with sonic and anime avatars who make it and spam youtube comments with it.
>>
Don't most people who listen to vaporwave admit that it's basically throwaway music for the sake of nostalgia?
>>
It's easy to make
This is the formula
>take old synth/funk song from 1980s bonus if it's japanese
>put it in daw and add some kicks/snares and reverb
>slice it and add a filter and nothing else
>loop it over a gif from sailor moon or urusei yatsura
>upload it to youtube
>"hey mom I'm a musician! I'm a future funk producer!"

Anyone can do it.
>>
why do autism so much?
>>
>>69790639
You forgot the bit where you have to slow down the song before adding the beat and filters
>>
File: kek.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>69790162

Because they are good genres of music and autistic people are frequently good musicians, and people with good musical taste.

See: Kanye West and pic related.
>>
>>69790543
O. Fair enough, I mean if memes became a musical genre it'd be vaporwave. Getting too into vaporwave is like wearing a doge shirt; pretty autistic.
>>
>>69790236
>90 percent of it is people sampling actual talented people and doing almost nothing to the sample

yeah super creative t b h
>>
>>69790719
False

Every vaporwave fan I know is a former scene kid, funny how style over substance is still something plaguing their taste even to this day.
>>
>>69791290
False
The ONLY vapor wave fan I know loves old military shit and guns. Nothing near a scene kid.
>>
>>69791451
Well I assume you dont have very many friends

Vaporwave is le secret underground memer music anymore dude, tons of normies know and love it, specifically faggy scene kids
>>
>>69791675
*isn't
>>
>>69791290
>Every vaporwave fan I know is a former scene kid

That's because a lot of scene kids evolve into hipsters, because they're just hopping scenes.
>>
>>69791710
Exactly. Vaporwave isn't for autismos, it's really for hipsters who don't know who Kimiko Kasai is
>>
>>69791813
Basically, there are two types of listeners. Hardcore hipsters and meme shitposters.
>>
I don't, but I'm pretty sure I was misdiagnosed. I'll still kill myself though.
>>
File: 1424037377167.jpg (15KB, 396x349px) Image search: [Google]
1424037377167.jpg
15KB, 396x349px
>>69791263
>>doing almost nothing

kys yourself
>>
>>69790669
I don't get why these faggot vaporwave producers can't record their own vocals and slow them down instead of slowing down other music.
>>
>>69790162
I personally prefer Synthwave because it usually contains original music other than rehashed oversampled garbage.

I'd rather listen to an original song or the source material from which a vaporwave composition samples.
>>
>>69792476

Timestretching is such a demanding skill, right?
>>
>>69794234
>M-M...M-MUH CHORD PROGRESSIONS
>MUH COMPLEXITY
>MUH FAGGOTRY!
>>
File: furfags.jpg (169KB, 1024x993px) Image search: [Google]
furfags.jpg
169KB, 1024x993px
>>69790162
A better question is why furfags and vidya basement dwellers only listen to electro swing and video game OSTs.
>>
>>69794124
well, you need more than just vocals to make a song, and most people don't have their own instruments, and don't want to take the time to learn how to program a synth, so sampling is the next best thing. plus, a big thing with sampling in vaporwave is getting the right timbres to go with the 80's/90's consumerism aesthetic. it's harder to make original shit with the same feel a sample would have.
>>
>>69794437
also the samples themselves are often used to further the theme of "nostalgia" that pervades so much of the genre. the point of an obvious sample in vaporwave is usually to make you think about the source. when someone samples the windows 95 startup sound, for example, it's meant to invoke thoughts of 90's computer graphics, and shit like that.
that's not to say all vaporwave is worth a shit, because often it's garbage. i just think this whole "hurr durr they didn't do anything to the sample" thing kind of misses the point.
>>
>>69790191
Underrated post
>>
>>69790191
nice
>>
>>69794595
>>69794646
samefag
>>
>>69794654
shut up noob
>>
>>69790162
Social outcasts who can't handle human contact gravitate towards the "cool new scene" so they can be cool

That's how we get vaporwave, facist wave, /pol/, etc
>>
File: Screenshot_20161221-001804.jpg (78KB, 799x383px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161221-001804.jpg
78KB, 799x383px
>>69794654
Sorry buddy
>>
>>69794299
bad reply desu
>>
only we autisms can truly understand the full weight of it's aesthetic. We see patterns neurotypical fags can't. heh
>>
>>69795022
you're retarded
>>
>>69795044
uh heh, wow.
I mean jeez
I mean COME ON!. classic neurotypicale
>>
>>69795074
gay
>>
>>69794313

the latter clauses of your thing cancel out: of course people who like video games will like to listen to video game soundtracks.

As for the former bit, there's a rather famous music video of about five years ago which explains everything. I'll let you figure out which one.
>>
>>69795184
tch, I have a gf who LOVES me, I am as straight as a line segment
you are the gay one! haha!
>>
File: cover.png (3MB, 1720x2288px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
3MB, 1720x2288px
mfw i think vaporwave is great and i know a lot of people here disagree but that's fine
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.