[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey look it's a p4k list we can all agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (107KB, 640x938px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 640x938px
hey look it's a p4k list we can all agree with
>>
None of those are overrated though.
>>
this is literally just "most popular albums"
>>
>>69789808
>lemonade isnt overrated
>>
>>69789763
>Solange and Beyonce aren't tied for #1
I disagree, OP.
>>
>>69789817
And? With that much recognition and praise it's hard not be overrated.
>>
>>69789817
well they've also all received pretty widespread critical acclaim so it's really not unreasonable to find that widespread popularity + acclaim = overrated.
>>
when did p4k become a hip-hop publication
>>
>>69789961
You're about to get a bunch of retarded /pol/ answers but the actual, logical answer to that question is that p4k switched over when they realized that indie was becoming less popular and hip hop/r&b was dominating the streaming charts.
http://www.billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs
>>
>>69790026
indie actually became more popular

you're kinda right though, pop gets more clicks and since schreiber and the boys no longer care about 'integrity' or whatever they just spam the same beyonce, drake, kanye shit as everyone else because it's going to generate more clickthroughs than say car seat headrest or mitski or w/e the hype new indie rock bands are
>>
>>69789837
>I'm racist

You could have just said that
>>
>>69789961
>why are they giving black people credit
>Why don't they just put my favorite obscure indie rock albums on there!
>>
22, a Million was underrated. Nobody gave a shit about it after it dropped except for critics.
>>
>>69790088
>Being that desperate for (you)s
>>
>>69790190
What exactly did you like about it? Tried to listen through it like 3 times but couldn't get into it. Might try again if convinced tho
>>
>>69789763
Is this legit? Dosent look like what they usually post
>>
>>69789961
There's never going to be an objective source of opinions from critics, but merely political opinions on music. Millennials are the first wave growing up in a world where hip hop is well established, so it's no surprise that they're now clamoring for sappy praise for the music they like already, which includes hip hop. Pitchfork would be throwing ad money out the window if they estranged every Kanye fan that came on the site. Also it's a genre with a lot of good content, and to be fair pitchfork sometimes isn't afraid to call out the mediocre content like views (but not nearly enough)
>>
>>69790225
It was everything I wanted to hear in a post-Kanye Bon Iver record: disjointed, abrasive, lo-fi, but still undoubtedly Justin Vernon's style... not to mention it was pleasantly short
>>
>>69789763
anohni
>>
>>69790223
If you don't respect what Beyonce is doing in this hostile climate you are literally a contrarian racist. No other explanation. She is the queen of pop and the best musician of the 2010s. It's not just the music either, it's what she represents. If you don't side with her, you side with the oppressors. Bey is an icon for a social movement greater than all of us. She out there putting herself on the line for justice and speaking out. She cares. She slays and inspires young girls the world over in these dark, fascist times.
>>
File: kkkkkkkkk.png (60KB, 1888x820px) Image search: [Google]
kkkkkkkkk.png
60KB, 1888x820px
>>69790223
Amazingly, thats not me, crazy right?

>>69790088
>thinking an album is overrated
>must be racist
>>
>>69790468
>this is what /pol/ thinks beyonce fans are like
>>
>>69790468
>pls respond to bait
>>
>>69789763

>Most Underrated Album
>5 Kanye West: The Life of Pablo
>6 Frank Ocean: Blonde/Endless

Are Pitchfork's readers retarded?
>>
>>69790468
Learn how to b8 well, you just sound triggered by crazy liberals
>>
>>69790468
are you by any chance a virgin
>>
>>69790490
>that reading comprehension
>>
>>69789763
it's just a list of the most talked about albums

>>69790540
yes
>>
>>69789961
Genre popularity changes, Rock is slowly dimishing from the populist, Think of it how Jazz/Disco/Dubstep got played out of the culture. Rap has been in the steer front of culture since the 2000's. I guess now Pitchfork is starting realize that Rap music is worth of critic.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.