[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brian Eno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

More like this and Here Come the Warm Jets?
>>
Well start with the obvious ones. David Bowie, Iggy Pop's The Idiot and Lust for Life maybe, Eno's work with David Byrne and maybe some of Byrne's solo work, the first 3 Talking Heads albums, Television's Marquee Moon and Adventure.

And if you like Eno's fuzzy guitars check out some psych rock and especially heavy psych bands from around that time and earlier. Also if you haven't already, Before and After Science and Another Green World. They're different, but still close enough to HCTWJ and TTM.
>>
>>69789542
Hey anon this is pretty shit advice
>>
>>69789831
>posts terrible criticism
>doesn't provide anything to OP
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with "bullshit"
>>
>>69789917
I don't understand why people on this board give general recommendations and not specific. "check out some psych rock and especially heavy psych bands" well which ones? there's no way this dude would know how to navigate that. most psych rock is shit.
>>
>>69788991
John Cale - Vintage Violence
>>
before and after science
>>
ew, I don't listen to eno music
>>
>>69789983
>most psych rock is shit
Exactly. It's not that hard to look up "good psych rock" albums on lastfm, rym or simply google. There's like a handful of actual bands out there, with some scattered single album ones here and there. It's a tiny genre.

Some of the major ones would be Cream, Love, Vanilla Fudge, Blue Cheer, High Tide, Iron Butterfly, Edgar Broughton Band, Grand Funk Railroad, Stray, since you're so lazy about it.
>>
>>69790227
See the problem with this is you said good psych rock
>>
>>69790302
>>69789917
>>
>>69790333
How's your superiority complex coming along? Pick up any chicks with it?
>>
>>69790500
>doesn't have an argument
>"n-no, shut up, you uh... loser!"
You're making it really hard for me to take you seriously, you know. Either actually say something or fuck off. Nobody cares and I don't feel like getting into dumb arguments over nothing.
>>
>>69790618
You already have. Maybe you should learn how to convey your thoughts and not just be a holier than thou dick about shitty music.
>>
>>69790004
Gonna second Cale, mostly because his voice is eerily similar to Eno's.

Paris 1919 is my favorite of his.
>>
>>69790821
>>69790333
Until you come up with what you think is better, I'm out. Stay retarded, friendo. The world needs guys like you to make normal people feel better about themselves.
>>
>>69790923
Hey there's that superiority complex again. You're shit.
>>
>>69789831
no this is actually informative advice, don't be a negative loser
>>
>>69790121
who gives a shit, you came here just to post this, you have no life
>>
>>69790227
>It's a tiny genre.
it's a vast genre, you have no culture and you listen to commercial shit
>>
>>69791139
>vast genre
Again with the shitty criticism.
Like what? Give me 10 heavy psych bands that didn't just release 1 or 2 albums and then disappeared forever.
>>
>>69791207
Have you ever considered maybe you don't know everything?
>>
>>69791561
That's irrelevant. Have you considered that maybe people won't take you seriously if you don't back your dumb personal attacks up with actual facts and information?
>>
>>69791689
we're on 4chan bud. i don't know owe you shit.
>>
>>69791775
Of course not, but that still puts me in the right by default.
>I say something, you say it's not true. Why? No response.
Makes sense to me. You're also the one who started acting like a tiny ass pussy bitch in the first place, pal.
>>
>>69791901
No it doesn't put you in the right by default. Isn't Christmas break ending soon? I'm sure your high school english class will be impressed with your skills at debate
>>
>>69791207
the vastness of the genre is derived partly from how many smaller artists existed you idiot
>>
>>69792004
Oh boy, that's the most pathetic attempt at bait yet, you're clearly not made for this. If you can't back yourself up or handle the fallout, don't talk shit in the first place. Congrats on being a childish asshole and ruining a perfectly good thread. Hope it feels good compared to your daily life.

>>69792148
What are you talking about? That doesn't mean anything. 50 or so albums in total from smaller artists don't make a genre vast at all. Stop talking about things you clearly don't know anything about.
>>
>>69792317
You truly are an insufferable person. Don't you have a repress of Disraeli Gears to listen to?
>>
>>69792489
Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy. You started it.
That's a good album, and your jab doesn't mean anything because you just shit talked it without providing anything of substance or something else that's "better". I don't know how you expected that to upset me. In any case, I'm off to listen to the sick-ass album Sea Shanties by High Tide, a great underrated heavy psych/prog/hard rock piece from the United Kingdom from 1969, and I'm gonna have fun, so good luck with your shitty existence of getting into unwinnable arguments on image boards because of your boring sub-par life, according to what you've been writing so far in this thread. Good riddance, moron.
>>
>>69792839
You'll reply to this
>>
Are we not talking about his new album out next week? Are we not talking about his newest album The Ship?
>>
>>69793607
I liked it.
Though it ends kinda abruptly.
>>
>>69794247
The Ship? yeah I kinda thought so too which I think was a testament to how great it was but also that as I recall the last song switches gears drastically.

>The slave to host a pistody
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69788991
Roxy Music - especially For Your Pleasure (which actually had Eno on it), Country Life, and Stranded
>>
Bardo Pond
>>
>>69793607
liked everything before the cover of I'm Set Free, that was one of the worst songs I heard this year. it's not meant to sound so... dreamy and blissful, TVU's arrangement was perfect. the song needs that sparse feeling and Brian Eno's vocal performance had nothing on Lou Reed's, Reed gave it the perfect emotional impact, sounding like someone who's almost given up all hope finding a small ray of light. Eno's had none of that emotional strength.

super hyped for Reflection though
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.