[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which button /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: butten.png (2MB, 1758x1044px) Image search: [Google]
butten.png
2MB, 1758x1044px
Out of the two buttons with multiple albums. Pick the button with the albums you like the most. And see the other albums wiped out of existence.
>>
>>69787411
Both simoultaniously.
>>
>>69787411
red
>>
>>69787411
Blue button. Don't be a pleb
>>
>>69787425
That kills us all.
>>
>>69787411
Right probably
>>
red
>>
>>69787411
blue

hate to throw away pet sounds and kid a though
>>
Blue, I'd rather endtroducing and SAW than SILY and mhtrtc.
>>
Blue, but fuck ITAOTS.
>>
>>69787411
blue
>>
File: uKK9O7tMG2exGRTG9tt6bHxDYW.jpg (49KB, 436x552px) Image search: [Google]
uKK9O7tMG2exGRTG9tt6bHxDYW.jpg
49KB, 436x552px
>deleting a love supreme and the greatest "rock" album of all time (Faust)

not a chance
everything on the left is pretty bad anyway
>>
>>69787650
Why put rock in quotes?
>>
Red.
>>
>>69787411
red, easy
its a shame to lose tago mago and pink moon though
miles davis has better stuff anyway
>>
Red, no contest
Only because the only albums I've listened to in the pic are Blonde on Blonde, Pet Sounds, and ITAOTS
>>
Red
>>
Just switch Kid A and BoB for fucking Revolver and Bjork and I'm all blue.
>>
>>69787411
Red button. Shame about putting SAW85-92 on the left side.
>>
>>69787669
have you listened to it?
>>
blue because illmatic
>>
>>69787878
No
>>
>>69787849
So blue?
>>
Both, so maybe you fags will get a taste of your own instead of what you see on /mu/
>>
Damn that's pretty hard. I'd be easier to choose between my parents. I'll go with blue though, only because I despise Faust.
>>
>>69787917
I'd rather kill myself than choose The Beatles over Kid A, or Kind of Blue over any other jazz record. I like BoB, too.
>>
Red (apologies to Nick Drake)
>>
>>69787959
>I'd rather kill myself than choose The Beatles over Kid A
You should kill yourself for thinking Kid A is better than Revolver.
>>
>>69787987
>>69787959

Oh boy here we go. NERD FIGHT! NERD FIGHT! NERD FIGHT!
>>
>>69787959
>>69787987
Both albums are fucking shit.
>>
>>69787411

There was a prompt like this the other day. In that thread, I said the same thing that I'll repeat now, because it applies equally well in this case.

You can build a case for pushing blue off of the over-riding importance of preserving just one song, alone: Tomorrow Never Knows. Nothing at right has the over-riding, mission-critical importance to modern music as that one single song. Nothing.

When I made the equivalent statement in the old thread, I had at least two anons go damn I hadn't thought of it that way, but now that you say it, you're actually right and you've changed my mind.

That said, the choice also becomes easier due to the presence of SAW, Endtroducing and OK Computer at left, as opposed to... Dylan? Kid A? Meh.
>>
>>69787411
Red, though it would suck to lose Spiderland and Endtroducing.
>>
>>69787411
i press red
>>
>>69787445

good
>>
>>69788132
The albums don't get erased from history anon. It just disappears starting from the moment you choose. Your whole stoner logic thing doesn't work.

Also what you're saying is just false. One song doesn't change the music industry. That's not how art evolves aside from pop music. Circumstances, region, period in time, these are things that make music change.

If someone thought about a song, there's a good chance somebody less famous somewhere thought about something similar too. Kinda like when Dennis the Menace was created. Somehow, some guy at the other side of the globe had the same idea at the same time. We just process outside information. So if two humans process the same information at the same time, there's a good chance their result will be similar.
>>
>>69787411
red
>>
>>69787411
Red without a doubt, a lot of the albums in blue disappearing would have the chain reaction of many of my favourites never being made
>>
>>69788313

Intellectually I get what you're saying. Basically you're rejecting the "great man" theory of history as it applies to modern music, songs, etc, because people think thoughts and think similar thoughts, esp. in similar cultures. History is a cumulative process, and other boring true statements like those.

This is reasonable, and yet it goes against the spirit of the prompt, which is for us to choose "the overall better choice", and have fun arguments like this.

Also you're as wrong as wrong can be about the importance of that one single song, in particular, to subsequent musical culture. You could of course argue that some other sacred-cow song would have taken its place. But it didn't, and that's the point.

The narrow way in which you want to say that the "albums are destroyed" also goes against the spirit, and even the (vague) letter of the prompt. You might argue that only the recordings themselves are totally destroyed, lost to history, and yet people remember how the tunes go, and so can reconstruct what was lost, albeit in cover versions and interpretations.

You could say that, but then in some very meaningful and substantive sense, /the songs have survived/, and so the /albums/ (insofar as they are collections of songs that people know how to reproduce in some meaningful way) have /also survived/, which contradicts the intent of the prompt. In this interpretation, it is much more interesting and appropriate (and can even be argued to conform to the letter of the prompt, since the intent of the prompt is vague on the exact point that we're arguing) to adopt the more "conventional" view about this type of prompt, as meaning that /the exact songs are voided out of people's heads/ with your choice/. If someone does the exact same song again eventaully, then this is purely an accident. At best and most realistically they would do a very similar variant, for the valid reasons that you pointed out above.
>>
Red has Loveless, Kid A, MHTRTC, A Love Supreme

Blue has Revolver, SAW 85-92, Kind of Blue, Pink Moon

I'll pick Red.
>inb4 i missed albums
no, but I'll take Kate Bush as a bonus
>>
>>69788613
Jesus Christ you really thought this through, huh? Also I don't know even know what's the story about the Tomorrow Never Knows. Can you explain why without quoting that P4K article? :)
>>
Wipe both out of existence so this shitty board can die.
>>
>>69787987
Still not picking it
>>
>>69788728

Tomorrow never Knows combines multiple tropes which persist in modern music: drug culture (or at least, what can be heard on the surface as drug culture), playing with tape loops (which in turn entails the "backwards" musical snippets), and deep, brooding, repetitive drums which are familiar in hip hop sampling.

If all of this sounds boring and/or obvious to you, simply remember that it wasn't always thus in pop music. And a very large part of why these

As you've said, history is a cumulative process where people pick up on old memes, integrate those memes into their new memes, and so on and so forth. Well guess what. Music distribution was a lot more linear fifty years ago, and later beatles was what was on offer for pretty much everybody. No wonder then that these particular memes stuck (I am using this 4chan-speak in a neutral sense atm, not in a prejorative one), and that this one band, and certain tracks in particular, proved to be influential.

it is true that none of these (the tropes from the first paragraph) were done for the first time ever in this case, but they were all famously combined here, apotheosized (to use a ten dollar word) and inspired subsequent acts. In particular, The Chemical Brothers' career is based off of this one song. Manipulation of existing sound recordings in order to generate components of new sound recordings is quite huge in all this, and this song is simply a famous example incorporating the idea.
>>
fixed it
>>
>>69789125

*of why these tropes have stuck was the mainstream breakthrough of the beatles, among others. As it actually happened, not as it might theoretically have happened in their absence.
>>
File: 1480957384681.gif (3MB, 305x398px) Image search: [Google]
1480957384681.gif
3MB, 305x398px
>>69789126
Blue easily

>The Smiths

eh, you could've put that on the red side
>>
>>69789126
>Solo Violin Improv
>>
>>69789291
what about it?
>>
>>69787445
Why did no one pick it sooner then that's a win-win
>>
>>69788132
why are you talking like Trump lmao
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.