[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your favorite unaccessible album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>Tfw Bird Seed is unironically one of my favorite album of all time
>>
this is just some faggot shouting
>>
>>69783119
i get u anon.

mine would probably be the body & full of hell's collab.

Or anything by Amenra, but that might be considered accessible.
>>
>>69783252
your favorite album is probably just some faggot singing
what's your point
>>
>>69783119
nigga that album is accessible af, just search for it on Soulseek
>>
>unaccessible
>power electronics
pick one
>>
>>69783408
>meme you are
>>
File: emagi.jpg (92KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
emagi.jpg
92KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: a2613348647_10.jpg (50KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2613348647_10.jpg
50KB, 1200x1200px
There's no possible way I could narrow down a term so broad as "inaccessible" to one single album, so I'm gonna make a couple posts on here, since I think it's a neat thread. I think I'll do one or two more.

I don't think people really understand how important this album in terms of progressing rock/metal music as a whole. On the surface, it appears to be a quirky album that puts an interesting spin on, and possibly even parodies, contemporary black metal music and its infamous ideologies and aesthetic. These allegations are probably all right. If you honestly approach this project musically, it borrows inspiration from a multitude of other genres and styles, such as math rock, jazz, black metal (obviously), and classical. All of these influences fuse together into an extremely intricate piece of rock music that is very unique.

When I say the word "intricate", it's not in the same context of how modern prog/math metal artists would describe their music. It's very intricate in how the musicians in the band organize their compositions and build off of one another constantly. When you listen to some of the longer tracks here, after a while you get a sense of how impeccably in-sync the band members are. This is something you don't typically experience in most rock music. As the songs swell and crescendo, the guitar leads and chords defy tempo and become more intense, which is extremely surprising because the production doesn't utilize typical methods of achieving this effect (reverb, vigorously detailed track layering). It's just the fucking band. And the band is throwing you on a fucking thrill ride of energy using nothing but their instruments, and very little production tricks. At certain points on this record, moments are so bewilderingly intense, it can be misinterpreted as just plain silliness. I kind of get that, but this album is still like an 8.5/10 for me.
>>
>>69783368
kek, p4k drone btfo
>>
File: abbagoldspecialedition.jpg (26KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
abbagoldspecialedition.jpg
26KB, 500x496px
>>
>>69783119
It's pretty accessible for noise and power electronics. It's one of my favorites to though.
>>
>>69783347
I'm listening to Amenra right now for the first time as it happens and it's definitely accessible, it's just a less varied Neurosis, I like it though
>>
>>69783908
Having seen both live, i pick Amenra over Neurosis. Check out Nowena and Boden spijt by them. I love those whispers.

It's accessible on here, but shove it in a normie's face and see if it's accessible then.
>>
>>69783119
>the last guy to give this a 4.5 on RYM, gave Tears for Fears a 4.5 two days earlier
Makes sense
>>
File: niggas-cover-1200.jpg (84KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
niggas-cover-1200.jpg
84KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: MI0000852845.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000852845.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
the most anti-normie album i listen to enough to call it a favorite
>>
>>69783967
Oh it's definitely very good stuff and certainly better than the weaker Neurosis records, I just think this accessibility bullshit doesn't make sense because everything can be regarded as accessible or inaccessible depending on who is listening to it
>>
unaccessable is not a word
>>
File: a1983273979_10.jpg (266KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1983273979_10.jpg
266KB, 1200x1200px
>>69783778
The Body is just fucking weird. There's no way I can really describe this artist the same way I did with Liturgy, because while Liturgy has a strong emphasis on carefully orchestrated rock, The Body goes for a much more straightforward philosophy—disturbing doom music, by any means necessary. I wouldn't say this record is as unique as Aesthethica, but it's just as weird. Chip King, the vocalist, delivers vocals that sound ridiculous and unfitting at first, but the more you listen, the more you realize that this odd vocal style complements the music very well. He abandons the screeches and growls than you've come to know in metal in favor of this high-pitched yell that is simply uncomfortable. To balance out the yells, the guitars are repetitive, tuned lower than the bottom of the fucking ocean, and fuzzy. Listening to records by this band is a lot like watching all of your loved ones be tortured to death in a prison. This one in particular mixes horror and dread pretty effectively, collaborating with renowned dark ambient artist The Haxan Cloak.

I'll admit though, this album carries an unfortunately large amount of downsides. Namely, the repetition can reach a point where it's almost annoying, and the general sound of the record is fairly one-dimensional. 7/10
>>
>>69783797

this. it's so completely unaccessible to heterosexual males it's almost impossible to listen, but it's bretty gud.
>>
>>69783778
>>69784045
Enjoyed reading these a lot. It's nice when someone on this board actually tries to explain their opinions instead of going "this is shit, that is good". Agree on Aesthetica. It's interesting how they barely use distortion for most of the album, yet still come out with fairly heavy stuff.
>>
File: 133408.jpg (50KB, 422x425px) Image search: [Google]
133408.jpg
50KB, 422x425px
I don't know how to classify "inacessible" but it's probably this
>>
File: 516S2VUecAL._SX300_.jpg (18KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
516S2VUecAL._SX300_.jpg
18KB, 300x299px
>>69784045
I'm assuming most of you have heard this one, so I won't say as much about it. Put simply, the song structures and instrumentation create this carefully-orchestrated mess of a project that is about as far out-there as you can get. Jamie Stewart's theatrical, over the top vocal performances create an atmosphere that is extremely personal and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, the songs become far less memorable as a result of its constant boundary-pushing experimentation, and at points it's hard not to feel like the whole album is so odd it's almost a gimmick. There are moments, however, that are oddly emotive despite how challenging they are. 7/10 for this one too

There ya go. 3 mini-reviews for some of my favorite "accessible" albums
>>
File: axcx-wearing-out-our-welcome.jpg (237KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
axcx-wearing-out-our-welcome.jpg
237KB, 600x600px
Not sure how inaccessible this album is, but I unironically like it.
>>
>>69784173
Thanks man, I love doing this kind of stuff.
>>
File: Zeit.jpg (268KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zeit.jpg
268KB, 1000x1000px
also my favourite album.
>>
Good Morning Good Night
Took me several years to get into
>>
Really beautiful drone-raga-folk
>>
>>69784211

nice review, you should write for pitchfork fag
>>
>>69783637
I had to unfriend a shitton of people on RYM, because of this shit & now you are shilling it on /mu/? Fuck off.
>>
File: Rudimentary.png (187KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
Rudimentary.png
187KB, 400x395px
I wouldn't say it's too inaccessible, but compared to the rest of their discography it certainly is.
>>
>>69784572
thats a good one, i think this album did it a little better maybe
>>
>>69784345
It's shit like grindcore.
>>
>>69785785
grindcore is shit in a cool way though
>>
>>69785785
That's just, like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>69784211
Coming back to this thread. I'dd probably add a lot of no-wave records too... DNA, the Contortions, the works. Do you guys like no-wave?
>>
>>69785970
No wave is baby music.
>>
>implying Wriggle Like A Fucking Eel isn't practically pop
>>
>>69784572
>inaccessible
it's beautiful folk you could literally play it on top 40 radio and people would love it and think it's soooo deep lmao
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.