[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they utterly collapse after MPP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Animal-Collective.jpg (2MB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
2MB, 2100x1400px
Why did they utterly collapse after MPP?
>>
>>69780953
Read the pitchfork review of 'Painting With' how they say people grow up and get old, what happened is they became adults and their style of music was not relevant to the adult experience. It is grown men, millionaires, business men, families being like 'ouuuuuu I love mushrooms'. Pitchfork nailed their demise.
>>
>>69780953
tried to experiment too much with new sounds. Chz isn't really that bad though
>>
they're middle-aged men now. the youthful irony of tenderness from chaotic yet melodic music can only last so long. enjoy what they gave you.
>>
These guys look like faggots
>>
They're still pretty good
>>
>>69780996
>Pitchfork
Dropped
>>
They'll sound good again once Avey and Deakin play guitar again, just like those good ole Strawberry Jam era concerts.
>>
They Peaked with MPP, that's why
>>
they didn't
>>
>>69781195

they also did that during CHz tours but no one on /mu/ cared
>>
PW is probably their worst recent project, but that doesn't mean it's entirely worthless. I like Bagels in Kiev, Burglars and Spilling Guts a lot.

They were experimenting with an extremely poppy sound, which is a natural progression from MPP, their second most poppy album. It didn't resonate with their audience, that much is pretty clear.

No matter which album is your favorite, you should see them live, though. Can absolutely say that their current tour appeals to all fans.
>>
Strawberry Jam is one of my favorite albums but I honestly thought Painting With was so bland that I had to tell a friend I disliked it
>>
>>69780996
It's honestly surprising people I ironically read pitchfork still
>>
Ive been digging Chz recently and have always appreciated Painting With

Just because they sound less insane and use more EDM like stuff doesnt mean they lose creativity.
>>
File: fbk.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fbk.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
are you forgetting about me?
>>
But CHz is their best album and PW is okay
>>
They literally drained one another's balls permanently
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.