[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is your favorite part of this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: R-315667-1178417406.jpeg.jpg (166KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-315667-1178417406.jpeg.jpg
166KB, 600x600px
what is your favorite part of this album?
>>
in the middle of Cookies and Cream when the clinky guitar part turns into a glitch breakdown
>>
>>69775669

too many to count but when it switches to the main melody in international is pretty special
>>
>>69775686

fuck yourself
>>
>>69775686
cmon man
>>
>>69775669
How hard it's been shilled
>>
>breakdown baby
>>
File: Rw27gDo.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rw27gDo.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>69775669

On "Sept." around 1:26 where the chopped female vocals come in, there's a pause, and then straight into a heavenly "This time baby it's true, da-da."

When the vocals come in on "Chocolate Matter" is really good too.
>>
I don't have anything good to say about this album.
>>
How the fuck did he do the production on this album? They're the only ones I've heard that touch Autechre in terms of crazy glitch noises
>>
The outro of International

Fucks me up every time
>>
>>69776097

baffles me too man. as far as i can tell he did it all with just meticulous editing in ableton. lots of sample warping, cutting, and bit crushing.

and probably a healthy dose of kurplus-strong synthesis
>>
>>69776123
Jesus Christ I just can't even wrap my head around shit like that

I try with the usual tools like bitcrushing and pitch shifting and whatever the fuck else but the way guys like these work it doesn't even sound like drums anymore
>>
Velocity : Design : Comfort, the new sophomore effort from Sweet Trip, opens sounding like Laurel Canyon-flavored Stereolab on heroin, drawing influences from Sonic Youth and Gram Parsons, with a knowing nod to (the criminally underrated) Lee Hazelwood.

Velocity : Design : Comfort is sluggish in places—for good reason: Sweet Trip was writing this music in a metal hospital. Thus, Velocity : Design : Comfort marks a musical turning point, á la the Beatles' White Album (except if Ringo wrote every song).

"Tekka" echoes strains of a The Fugs-esque death, with a penchant for baroque guitar ambiance and precious vocal sonic palette, while the more carefully orchestrated "Fruitcake And Cookies" advocates severance from solipsistic thought, reminiscent of Yoko Ono on nicotine. However, Sweet Trip burns in a furnace of its own making but still believing redemption is within its grasp with "To All The Dancers Of The World, A Round Form Of Fantasy". But such lack of design has its own charm. The result? extra sweet, cosmic, indie shoe-funk. Perfect for contemplating oblivion during a thunderstorm at home.
>>
To All the Dancers of the World
>>
The shoegaze on Chocolate Matter.
>>
>>69776097
Unrelated, but this post made me want to listen to some more Autechre. I've listened to Amber, where do I go from here? What would you recommend?
>>
Also, they started selling CD copies on their bandcamp!
https://sweettrip.bandcamp.com/album/velocity-design-comfort
>>
>>69776218

yeah apparently he was just locked in his room working for two years.
>>
>>69776097
>>69776123
>>69776381
>>
>>69776387
>ywn hear a version of Milk with VDC-era production
sucks
>>
>>69776108
yes
>>
Six minutes into Velocity, when that bass line comes in and the chord progression changes. Funky.
>>
>>69776487
There's two great transitions in that song, one at 2:20 and the one you mentioned. The long songs on the album in general are really well-written with great progression.
>>
>>69776387

yfw i made that orginial post in r/indieheads
>>
YOU SAAAAAY
RUN AWAAAAAY
>>
File: 1444756370386.jpg (69KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1444756370386.jpg
69KB, 504x470px
>the entirety of Design: 2: 3 while peaking on DXM
>>
>>69775669
when I turn it off
>>
the acoustic guitar at the VERY end
>>
>>69776333
Incunabula and Tri Rep
>>
>>69776370
My Dad asked what I want for Christmas and I just sent him this link. Good year no matter what.
>>
>>69778282
>The shoegaze-y outro to Design : 2 : 3
Gut-wrenching
>>
>>69776333
Listen in order so you can hear their evolution
They're all worth it anyway
>>
Intro to Fruitcake and Cookies.
>>
>>69777827
dxm boys
>>
>>69777827
>>69780190
How can you stand that shit? I made it to third plateau and I guess it was cool but I spent the whole time trying not to throw up and feeling like I was deathly sick
>>
the last 3 songs, they fit so well
they also lack some of the unnecessary bloops from, say, Sept
>>
>>69775669
Second track is always the best track. V:D:C is no exception.
>>
DSCO only good song
>>
>>69775718
>>69775713
I realized I messed up right before I posted it but then I thought it was funny so I posted it anyways
it still is my favorite part of the album
>>
you ARE
A rayoflight
in the night sky and - YOU don't miind
>>
>>69775669
BREAKDOWN BABY
>>
I can't really pick one.
>the transition from the glitchy mess of Tekka into the extreme comfiness of Dsco
>that part in the beginning of Sept right before the main vocals come in where we hear that brief "stolen"
>the intro to Fruitcake and Cookies
>the extended guitar outro on Chocolate Matter
>>
File: draft.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
draft.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>69776333
what the other guy said. listen in order. Here's a list of the releases you'll want to hear:

>Incunabula
>Anti EP
>Amber (a good starting point)
>Garbage EP
>Anvil Vapre EP
>Tri Repetae
>Envane EP
>Chiastic Slide
>Cichlisuite EP
>LP5
>EP7 EP

Then take a break for a while

>Confield
>Gantz Graf EP
>Draft 7.30
>Untilted
>Quaristice (and Versions, and Quadrange)

Then take another break

>Oversteps
>Move of Ten EP
>Exai
>L-Event EP
>elseq 1-5

They have a few other random releases but those are the essential ones

Here's some songs to give you an idea of what you're getting into

Eutow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsRIM4Jx4Q

V-PROC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x3WRQPDgvo

Dropp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWGUnrIiOoI

Simmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWPxbXzUzM

Cichli https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4jOwrVOPQ

recks on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4znpQmVz9OM

>pic related, it's their best
>>
File: 1468036719004.png (118KB, 485x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468036719004.png
118KB, 485x500px
>>69775770
>shilling 13 y.o. album
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.