[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fellow Patricians...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: mujak.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
mujak.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
How do you talk about your music taste without revealing your power level?
>>
>>69771147
XD Autism maymays aside, if it comes up in conversation with a qt grill what do you say?

>haha, I'm probably gonna sound like an elitist snob haha but I like a lot of stuff, a lot of earlier "indie" subgenres and some electronic music

>oh you like mumford and sons haha? nice, they're alright haha
>>
>>69771147
>implying I give normies, especially girls the time of day

Girls don't like music, everything they do is feigned to raise their social status
>>
>>69771285
this is why you are a virgin
>>
I don't talk to people so i never have that problem
>>
File: Unrest_Imperial_ffrr.jpeg.jpg (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Unrest_Imperial_ffrr.jpeg.jpg
9KB, 220x220px
>>69771285
>>69771392
I said autism aside guys...

But really my ex was even more patrician than me, listened to almost exclusively jazz, and always played incredibly good albums for me

they're out there

God damn i miss that girl
>>
>>69771147
"Oh just a lot of Indie"

If they give a shit, they'll ask, then you reveal wizardry

If not, come to terms with the reality that most people don't give nearly as much of a fuck as you, and you might as well try to bond over other interests
>>
>>69771189
hit em with the everything but country meme
>>
>>69772281
pretty much

>>69772297
fucking lol, I'm texting a qt i met in a class who seems pretty cool

popped the big question, and she said "I'm open to most things except stadium country"
Then proceeded to name a bunch of shit modern ""indie""" ""folk""" bullshit

I'm still gonna fuq tho idgaf
>>
>>69771147

>I like rock music
>>
>>69771502
>>69771285
>>69771147
my wife is patrician as fuck and ran a freeform radio station for years.

but generally speaking i try to avoid even getting into it with people. if they really want to press me about what i'm into i just tell them "try me" and let them determine the course of the convo so i don't have to get 2deep4em
>>
>>69772468
/thread
>>
>>69772468
>>69773072

What if she's also secretly a true patrician and your plebian response disgusts her to the point of rejecting you immediately?

>>69772826
nicely done on both accounts
>>
most people cut me off before i'm even done saying "i mostly like noisey stuff," and it has always been to say "SO YOU MEAN METAL? I LOVE METAL"

i don't really talk to that many people, and generally avoid more conversation than is required, so it doesn't surprise me that the only people who have asked me about music are mealheads.
>>
>>69771147
>>69772411
"...I'm also open to most things, the past few months I've kind of been stuck between the late 80's and late 90's, so a lot of early "indie" like Sonic Youth and stuff, and a lot of smaller concurrent subgenres like shoegaze, slowcore, post-rock, downtempo, ambient, etc. Some of those are a little silly sounding but it's better than just name-dropping a bunch of bands. And besides that a ton of jazz..."
Word for word what i said to a girl tonight, though her tastes turned out to be less than patrician we seem to have a lot in common and have planned to meet up, we also met in college

Since we're both very liberal young people, we will most likely have sexual intercourse as well, I'm quite looking forward to it
>>
>>69771147
i don't
>>
>>69773944
very insightful, thanks for the bump
>>
I usually say I listen to a little bit of everything, that works most of the time. Except for one time when my bros gf called bullshit and then I listed off a ton of stuff including tuvan throat singing and field recordings and then she just kind of stared at me.
>>
"I like a lot of... electronic music."

"Oh, so like techno?"

"...kinda."
>>
>>69773944
/thread
>>
File: 1520592[1].jpg (17KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1520592[1].jpg
17KB, 280x280px
>oh yea crystal castles are cool haha so anyway how have you been
>>
>>69774346
this is a clever post
>>
If you want to bang the girl just revert the question to make the conversation about her taste, tell her how great it is.

>oh yeah I love DJ shadow, do you know DJ Krush?
>no anon, I've never heard dj krush
>Come to my house, I'll show you, do you know El-P
>No, what's that?
>Have you heard run the jewels? *sings melody to their most famous track
>I actually know that!

And goes on like that.
>>
I literally can never think of answer whenever people ask what kind of music I like

Anything I say I enjoy would be immediately judged as stupid or weird or unknown, the only moderately mainstream music taste I have that I actually enjoy is the Beastie Boys
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.