[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which are you favorite Grateful Dead songs /mu/h boys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: gd968718_01.jpg (298KB, 1679x1487px) Image search: [Google]
gd968718_01.jpg
298KB, 1679x1487px
Which are you favorite Grateful Dead songs /mu/h boys?
>>
Friend of the Devil, followed by Uncle John's Band.
>>
Casey Jones, Touch of Gray
>>
>>69771130
St Stephen
>>
>>69771182
>>69771505
>>69771571
>not naming specific live performances
plebs

Eyes of the World 3/29/1990
>>
File: IMG_1267.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1267.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>69771130
I think greatful dead fans would like this album
>>
>>69771130
Scarlet Begonias
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2MGQ6mpKE

Absolute favorite right here.
>>
Ship of Fools, Dark Star, Morning Dew
>>
'dire wolf' is the one i always remember
>>
Box of Rain was my first, so it holds a special place in my heart. After that probably Saint Stephen (from Live/Dead) or China Cat Sunflower->Know You Rider (08/27/72).
>>
I've only ever listened to Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, want to get into more but their catalogue is so huge I don't know where to go. What are some essential live releases/studio albums?
>>
>>69775852
Listen to Live/Dead, 08/27/72, and the spring 1990 tour.
>>
>>69775852
>>69775870
The new incarnation with John Mayer (Dead & Company) is pretty good, too.
>>
>>69773363
word
>>
Eyes of the World live during 89-90
>>
T R U C K I N
R
U
C
K
I
N
>>
Ripple/Friend of the Devil/Uncle Johns Band/ Franklins Towers/ Unbroken Chain
>>
>>69771130
fuck the Grateful Dead
>>
St. Stephen and Dark Star on Live/Dead, China Cat Sunflower and Help On the Way.
>>
truckin
samson & delilah
>>
>>69771130
Most of its pure garbage, one of the most overrated bands ever

Live/Dead and Anthem of the Sun are the only tolerable albums and the fact they are best known for jams proves they can't make good songs
>>
Candyman
>>
I was always partial to Mason's Children and Keep Your Day Job.
>>
>>69773586
Blues for Allah is awesome from beginning to end, such an overshadowed album.

Alligator is great too.
>>
if i like dirty bluesy hard rock riffs whats the place to start with the grateful dead
>>
>>69778859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foOjrDqDmAA

right here buddy boy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiwHL3bXtT8

Dire Wolf. Dire Wolf. Dire Wolf.
>>
friend of the devil
box of rain
eyes of the world
truckin
help on the way / slipknot
sugar magnolia

man it took me a while to get into grateful dead. I heard that they were this amazing psychedelic rock band so i expected something more along the lines of pink floyd or some shit like that. Then i got some jangly ´murrica music with banjoes. I didnt get it.

Then i dropped loads of acid and kind of accidentally put on some grateful dead and man, i got it, i danced my ass off naked in my apartment and fell in love with this music. Its so damn good.
>>
ripples, touch of grey, eyes of the world, shakedown street, and truckin. It's a classic
>>
Brown Eyed Women from Europe '72
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.