[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/anco/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Animal-Collective.jpg (2MB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
2MB, 2100x1400px
can we have a comfy /anco/ thread?
They just recently announced dates for 2017, hopefully I manage to get tickets for the Toronto show. Anyone else looking forward to the new EP? Thoughts on Mountain Game?
>best LP?
>best EP?
>best peak/climax in a song/album?
>thoughts on Sleep Cycle?
>will Deak return for the next album or continue w/ solo stuff?
>and finally, favorite AnCo member?

have fun. Love you guys
>>
>>69767419
AnCo is literally the gayest music known to man.
>>
Just getting into this band. Listened to MPP after someone recommended it to me based on my being a Beach Boys fan and I basically fell in love with it.

Where do I go from here? Anyone have an AnCo flow chart or something? A list of essentials?
>>
>>69767448
Sung Tongs
>>
>>69767448
if you really like MPP, I would listen to their music in reverse chronological order. Check out Painting With, Centipede Hz, etc. until you get to Spirit, which is arguably their masterpiece.
Keep in mind that no two of their albums sound the same. Also be sure to check out EPs along the way as well, especially Fall be Kind (will be amazing if you like MPP) and Prospect Hummer.
I envy your chance to have a fresh listen to all of their beautiful music. Take your time, is my best suggestion. There are definitely albums you will like more than others, especially if you're not into utilization of noise and collage elements, but even those albums have their place and importance.
Happy listening, anon.
and yes, there are flowcharts available on the /mu/ wiki if you are so inclined.
>>
>>69767448
Song tongs is their best followed by here comes the Indian then feels, if that helps
>>
>>69767550
>Fall be Kind
this. If you like MPP, this one sounds the most like it. But really, you should eventually listen to all of their albums/EPs. They're a great band.
>>
File: oktftl.png (1MB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
oktftl.png
1MB, 1300x2000px
>>69767579
>>69767550
>>69767548
>>69767448
>>
wtf is a comfy thread after all
>>
>>69767419
>thoughts on Sleep Cycle?
really amazing, it's up there on my year-end list. I just love how spiritual it is.
>will Deak return for the next album or continue w/ solo stuff?
I would be happy with either route, but hopefully if he returns to the band they'll end up drawing influence from sleep cycle on the next record. I loved Painting With but I definitely want some more loose, folksy or laid back AC
>and finally, favorite AnCo member?
Avey Tare is the best when they band is together but as a solo artist, Panda is superior
also, i suggest everybody check out this neat remix the group did of a balkan folk song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFF-VoZJ4h4
>>
File: 1455567499061.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455567499061.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
Anyone know of any AnCo sheet music resources?
>>
>>69767548
>>69767550
>>69767579
>>69767608
>>69767628
thanks lads
>>
File: IMG_5141.jpg (355KB, 1858x1628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5141.jpg
355KB, 1858x1628px
does Twenty One Pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective?
>>
what new ep? proof?
>>
File: panda.jpg (22KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
panda.jpg
22KB, 480x319px
>>69767812
no.
>>69767815
in an interview Panda and Geo did on some podcast (I forget the name of it) they mentioned they had a song coming out that they couldn't talk about (turned out to be Mountain Game) as well as mentioning that they were working on an EP.
>>
>>69768085
I know what podcast you're talking about. Geologist mentions collecting field recordings with Avey for some future project too.
https://soundcloud.com/noeffectsshow/72-animal-collective
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.