[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/'s opinion on modern art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Namuth_-_Pollock.jpg (50KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
Namuth_-_Pollock.jpg
50KB, 306x240px
pic related
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>69762095
Most of it misses the point completely, but my idea of the point changes so frequently that at some point all modern art will have hit the point directly. Ya feel?
>>
it's fine

the art market and the bubble and world and all the pretentiousness can make modern art look really stupid, and most of it is. but artists who exist outside of that are cool.

i'm waiting for someone to blow up the met or the louvre. art needs that 2 happen (it aint me)
>>
>>69762095
There isn't any. Well , there's nutters working alone, but what goes on at biennials and freeze , there's nothing. meaningless, empty, tokens to stack money behind.

I tried. . . .
total indifference, shut me down, ideas robbed no credit, I could have launched 20 new people c o o p e r a t "ruin it yer ...
gone.

art critics? adverts for money.
welcome to siberia
>>
I love harsh noise
>>
>>69762095
I like it. I actually find it way more interesting than classic art.
>>
>>69762095
What music sounds like a Pollock painting?
>>
>>69763801
same
>>
>>69763858
cecil taylor
>>
>>69763858
I'd say completely improvised jazz. But not violent, like Brotzmann.
>>
File: 1479549535179.jpg (11KB, 259x247px) Image search: [Google]
1479549535179.jpg
11KB, 259x247px
MOOHDEHN AAHT IS A CUHCLEJUUK OFF PHUTENSHOUS TWAHTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI
>>
>>69763906
Your attempt to present his speech is priceless (how is this called in english?).
Like, totally on point.

He is such a fucking idiot.
>>
>>69762095
I don't hate it but I can respect it. Pollock paintings (and similar) are meh online but breathtaking in person. I assume it's the same sort of thing for other postmodern paintings that look like dogshit.
I prefer paintings more towards the beginning of the 20th century over those towards the end of it.
>>
>>69762095
it's pretty underwhelming in itself, but it was a valid marketing gimmick in the economical context of the early-mid XXth century.
>>
>>69764012
Well, sometimes, but oftentimes dogshit is dogshit. Especially "socially engaged" art that lives off itself.
I mean, what's the point of having a rebellious and vulgar art show on the topic of feminism which will be attended only by people who are well aware of the problems faced by women and then those attendees stand there all fancy and mighty and look at digital vaginas and blood and drink wine and the art has nothing else to offer other than social commentary done in the exact same way as countless other art shows.
>>
>>69762095
lol
>>
>>69762095
Formally-compelling non-objective art is often fantastic. What I hate is garbage art with heavy-handed, trite social messages
>>
>>69764363
>THIS
>>
>>69763858
The Stone Roses
>>
Friendly reminder that contemporary art isn't modern art, but actually post-modern.
>>
>>69764915
Heh
>>
>>69764952
modern != modernist
>>
>>69762095
modern art was goat before it went meta. anything that requires explanation, engineered context, a relativist perspective, or a socio-political message to hold itself up is absolute garbage.
>>
>>69766866
Art went meta before modern art, by the time it rolled around meta was common practice.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.