[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is björk the female bowie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

is björk the female bowie?
>>
It's a bit of an apple and oranges comparison. They're both great, but I don't think either one is the male/female version of anyone.
>>
>>69761006
Maybe if you see it as being the greatest female and male exponents of art-pop. Also: rich visual output
>>
>>69760967
No, Bjork's music actually has substance.

Bowie was just all style.
>>
>>69760967
Both suck. So yes.
>>69761040
Both have no substance.
>>
is grimes the female bowie?
>>
>>69761153
>grimes
>female
>>
>>69761040
damn...

>>69761153
nah
>>
File: Cs0bh8_WEAAVHdS1.jpg (34KB, 741x746px) Image search: [Google]
Cs0bh8_WEAAVHdS1.jpg
34KB, 741x746px
No, bjork is good
>>
>>69760967
One has a much larger body of work but I can DEFINITELY see the comparison (I'm a big fan of both)
>>
I agree, I can definitely see the comparison. Normally when people compare musicians to Bowie I scoff, but this comparison's pretty apt... I actually probably have even more respect for what Björk's done than Bowie, even though I enjoy Bowie more and am a bigger fan of him.
>>
>>69761213
>>69761261
Me too. Like, Bowie the male art-pop king (working within the more masculine rock music) and Björk the female art-pop queen (working within the less virile electronic music)
>>
File: tumblr_nq7qju5pKZ1te8jz3o1_500.jpg (77KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq7qju5pKZ1te8jz3o1_500.jpg
77KB, 500x418px
>they'll never collab :(
>>
>While parallelisms have been drawn between the singer and rock acts such as David Bowie, Björk has expressed difficulty to associate herself to that world. She said: "Obviously, [David Bowie] is a musical legend, and I really respect him as an artist, especially the visual aspect of what he does. But for me, it is part of the patriarchal world that is rock 'n' roll. I never listened to a lot of rock. I prefer electronic music, which is less virile. I feel more belonging to this family than that of David Bowie. At home I mostly listen to instrumental music, experimental, I like to discover sounds I had never heard before."
>>
>>69761785
Oh Björk, I love you deeply
>>
Bowie was both the male and female version of Bowie
>>
File: ??.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
Is Danny Brown the black Brad Pitt?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.