[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does all "good" music sound so bad to the mass populace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1433822927944.jpg (47KB, 854x539px) Image search: [Google]
1433822927944.jpg
47KB, 854x539px
why does all "good" music sound so bad to the mass populace?
>>
Lack of musical intelligence.
>>
lack of attention span
>>
>>69753655
First off, music is subjective so "good" music is kind of a loaded term. Secondly, if we're talking about music that gets lots of recognition here, normies don't listen to music as attentively or as often as people on /mu/ so the people on /mu/ start to develop tastes that expand deeper than normies have decided to go

I shouldn't bother replying to a b8 thread like this but whatever
>>
>>69753805
>subjective

Why is this meme still exist
>>
>>69753879
>objective
I think you're the one falling for a meme
>>
>>69753879
I think that it's neither entirely subjective or objective. Like some songs are objectively bad in the sense that they lack substance or musicianship, but someone might enjoy them because they're catchy or nostalgic which makes them subjectively good. At the same time something could be objectively good but it's just not someone's ''taste" so they're not interested in it and it's subjectively bad or mediocre to them.
>>
>>69753655
people who don't have music as a hobby just want something that sounds good even if you don't put as much attention into it. nothing wrong with that mindset, it just usually ends up woth them listening to the same boring shit all the time. but if you enjoy it, i don't see what's wrong with it.
>>
>>69753973
I agree with this guy to some extent in that i think it's both. Objectively poor music can be subjectively good and objectively good music can be subjectively bad.
>>
>>69753655
they are dumb
>>
>>69753655
They don't even try to anything different a chance most of the time.
>>
^ yeah, too closed-minded. If i try to play anything to one of my mates besides top 40 pop or trap or metal, the turn their nose up at it.
>>
what makes music objectively good?
>>
>>69753973
Their loss because I wouldnt listen to garbage just because "it was on at the club the night I lost my virginity at"
>>
>>69753973
You're really cheapening the meaning of objectivity. If there's no scientific measurement to prove that something is objectively true than it isn't objective
>>
A lot of people who haven't put much thought into music as an art form listen to it in the background without out giving it much attention or time to apreciate. this is why people often don't particularly enjoy experimental music that requires your undivided attention to listen too
>>
because if something is "weird" they reject it outright. they fear being socially rejected themselves so they just go with whatever is popular and easy to listen to, to fit in.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.