[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't you like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: f738b519[1].jpg (106KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
f738b519[1].jpg
106KB, 630x630px
why don't you like this?
>>
>>69752752
Because it's Animal Collective.
>>
I actually do. So does PW
>>
At least we can all admit Painting With is better than CHz, right?
>>
It's undoubtedly inventive and ambitious, and is the band's most artistic and experimental album sonically, but there is zero (0) emotional value to the songs. They fly right by me. It's entertaining in that the songs are nauseatingly massive and swirling batches of textures, and it's fun to try and piece together all the sounds, but as a whole it's tiring and worthless. burrito/10
>>
>>69752868
so burritos have no emotional value?
>>
>>69752868
It's got plenty of emotional moments.
>>
>>69753019
there are emotional lyrics but nowhere near to the extent of how emotional and feels-y their previous albums are. i suppose that's subjective, but that's how it feels to me
>>
First half of the album is top tier AC, but it begins to fail after Wide Eyed.
>>69753303
stay pleb
>>
>>69752868
>here is zero (0) emotional value to the songs.
The concept is alien music. Would aliens have the same emotions as you?
>>
>>69752752
Almost everything the band has done is better, including the non-album singles that came from it, Painting With and their solo stuff this decade. I still don't even dislike CHz, but I think it falls apart in terms of consistent song quality and cohesion when you get to the second half. A lot of the songs and even the mixing of the album sound like there are different ideas fighting for superiority, and as a result those ideas are never fully fleshed out. This goes as far as the basic sound of the album, because their idea of making something that is completely alien is restricted by their choice to go for a more rock band type sound, and their choice to go for a rock sound is mostly counteracted by the hyperactive electronics and samples. Deakin's guitar is barely noticeable.

If you're not in the mood for it it can also just be plain obnoxious, especially with the over-exaggerated exuberance and the way the songs impatiently just back and forth between section to section. The mixing doesn't help either.
>>
>>69752811
hell no
>>
>>69752868
>ban'd most artistic and experimental album sonically

what?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.