[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1083330.jpg (89KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
1083330.jpg
89KB, 953x953px
What is the appeal?
>>
>>69749664
haha its a bannaa
>>
>>69749664
it protects the banana from bacteria and stuff
>>
>>69749664
peel slowly and see
>>
>>69749664
Bland music sounds great, what do you mean??
>>
>>69749664
>muh taboo subject matter
>muh influence on rock music
>>
If this banana ain't a-peelin, you a fuckin pleb
>>
historical context for me mostly.
>>
>>69749747
>>69749798
>literally not appreciating the music for the music
>>
i love how this album is one of the finest pleb filters out there
>>
>>69749868
That probably means something
>>
Historical importance. The album itself is slightly above average, but pretty groundbreaking for it's time and inspired a lot of actually good musicians. Also it's a great filter, because every lowly pleb with shit taste invariably praises it because it's /mu/core. For similar story see Trout Mask Replica and Spiderland.
>>
>>69750235
Spiderland is good music, though. Not only relevant for music history
>>
>>69750235
true about the velvet underground.
Very influential debut but 8/10 imho
>>
>>69749810
lol why does the way i appreciate art trigger you
>>
You forgot to leave out the a.
>>
>>69750235
>>69750397
which bands were influenced by slint?
i can only think about shitty post-hardcore/math rock bands
>>
>>69749810
Appreciation of historical context and influence IS appreciation dummy
>>
>>69750235
I like TV&N and Spiderland because I like the way the music sounds and not because its influential am I a pleb?
>>
No. Liking any music doesn't make you a pleb.
>>
>>69750845
Yes. Liking any music does make you a pleb.
>>
>>69749692
this is funny
>>
>>69750235
I feel like I've been filtered because I don't like this album
>>
>>69750743
Pavement
PJ Harvey
Post-rock
>>
>>69750235
>and Spiderland
Wait no, Spiderland is good outside of the context of it being influential.
>>
>>69752460
yeah,
>>69750235
stfu
>>
>>69750235
Are you saying that liking those albums in it of itself is a pleb identifier? Or, are you saying that liking the album because "DUDE ITS THE REASON YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS EXIST. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS?" is the pleb filter?
>>
>>69752604
I wonder this too, and if the second option is the answer, the problem goes to the fact that the album itself is mediocre, so people who like and people who dislike the album are equally plebs
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.