[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start a rock band when you have no friends into music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (12KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 276x183px
How to start a rock band when you have no friends into music and have low self confidence to meet people to actually start some shit up anyone know any websites that help you meet people who want to start bands
>>
craigslist just make sure you dont get robbed it almost happened to me once
>>
>>69748472
start an electronic project instead
>>
>>69748472
be a one man band
>>
>>69748568
this 2bh. I spent a solid 3 months using old instruments and trying to do what Ariel Pink was doing on his old shit.
>>
>>69748596
I feel you I fuck with him and other solo acts but I like the whole band feeling
>>
>>69748472
>tfw no qt polish bass guitar bandmate
>>
>>69749048
where you at anon?
can'f find anyone to jam with
>>
>>69748568
Yep. Unless your first intention is to be a live band, this would be your best possible route. Its more convenient and allows you to have complete creative control. Just use a daw or a tape track and layer
>>
>>69748534
this, I responded to a cl ad looking to complete a band and they ended up being /mu/ types, you never know if you don't try
>>
If you live in ny and you play the bass or drums let me know.
>>
>tfw u wanna make the next revolutionary cool edgy noise accessible rock band

>no one to play with
>>
>>69751846
ill join u anon
>>
>>69748472
Go to house shows. It's a great environment to find other musicians also looking to start bands. Just start talking about an artist you want to sound like and if they sound interested in them ask if they play an intrument (many play multiple) and ask if they want to start a project.
>>
I used to have a full band till one member decided he wanted to do post-hardcore, two wanted to do metal, then last guy and I wanted to do something different. Pretty weird how they all just disappeared considering this was in high school.
>>
Get very drunk and go to some gig in a local underground bar
>>
File: truetill.png (125KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
truetill.png
125KB, 750x1000px
>>69753370
but i wanna start a straight edge band, anon
>>
>>69748472
>have low self confidence to meet people to actually start some shit up

get better at your instrument
>>
>>69753370
Do I hAve to be a heroin and speed addict to have a good band I feel like i do
>>
>>69753599
no.. you have to work really hard, occasionally you can drink or smoke some pot or whatever im not going to judge you but i would stay the fuck away from heroin and meth
>>
>>69753370
Where do I find local gigs tho
>>
>>69748534
This
>>69748472
OP if you play an instrument tape a wakizashi to the back of it in case of robbery.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.