[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

West vs East Coast: /mu/ edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Madlib-and-Doom-Fact[1].jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Madlib-and-Doom-Fact[1].jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
If you had to kill one off between Madlib or DOOM, who would you kill?

On the West corner---

Notable Madlib works:
Madvillainy, The Unseen, Pinata, Shades of Blue, Champion Sound, Soundpieces: Da Antidote, Medicine Show 1-13, Beat Konducta Vol 1-2 and 5-6.

>AKA Loop Digga, Beat Konducta, Quasimoto, DJ Rels, with projects as Yesterday's New Quintet, Jaylib, Lootpack, and beats for artists like Talib Kweli, Alhaholiks, Mos Def, De La Soul, Ghostface, Freddie Gibbs, Kanye West, Peanut Butter Wolf, J Dilla and DOOM himself

On the East corner---

Notable MF DOOM works:
Madvillainy, MM Food, Operation Doomsday, Born Like This, Vaudeville Villain, Take Me To Your Leader and the Special Herbz tapes

>AKA Metal Fingers, Zev Love X, King Geedorah, Viktor Vaughn with projects as Danger Doom, JJ Doom, NehruvianDOOM, collaborating with MF Grimm, Monsta Island Czars, Danger Mouse, Ghostface, KMD, Bishop Nehru, and the Loop Digga himself
Choose Wisely
>>
In a way it's kinda like each coast in general. New york has the lyricism, but LA has the actual music itself imo. At least if we're talking the slick, smooth grooves that make their laidback delivery possible.

Maybe its just the side of me that has listened to way too much boom bap talking.
>>
this is incredibly difficult but if you took madlib out of madvillainy, it would just be doom rapping with nothing else, while if you take out doom the instrumentals are still dope as hell, so take out doom
>>
>>69745997
Makes me wonder what some other artists would sound like on some of those tracks. It's hard to imagine without
>HE BOUT TO START A SPEECH--COME ON, SILENCE
>>
And holy fuck, doom needs to cut his goddamn nails
>>
further adventures of lord quas is better than anything doom ever put out on his own
>>
File: 1476782729130.jpg (91KB, 560x327px) Image search: [Google]
1476782729130.jpg
91KB, 560x327px
>>69746515
My man. It really shines when you learn to appreciate the more sporadic cuts like Another Demo Tape or Life is. It's a huge tracklist of some of his best beats.
>>
Kill madlib easily, Doom is a better producer and a better rapper IMO
>>
>>69746694
As good as it is, I don't find it to have the same organic kind of soul. A lot of pinata beats come to mind
>>
File: 1429058017991.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1429058017991.gif
1MB, 480x272px
>>69746694

>DOOM
>Better producer than Madlib

This is easily one of the worst opinions I've heard in a while. Even if you have a modicum of knowledge in regards to hip-hop production or just have a keen sense of hearing you'd know that doom is a one track minded producer, he makes the same style of beat over and over. His herb collection of whatever it was called was extremely boring. If you hear one colume you've basically heard the summation of his entire production method.
>>
>>69745830

Madlib easily. He's one of the best producers put there and he still releases solid work.

Pinata was a great record that came out in 2014.

When was the last good DOOM record?
>>
>>69747193
He's doing some neat things on SoundCloud under King Ghidorah last I heard

Born Like This was probably his last great projects, though I can't say I've sat down and fully digested Key to the Kuffs or the Nehru stuff. Nobody seems to talk about those so I guess I never got the urge to
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.