[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of muse /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 180px-Origin_Of_Symmetry.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Origin_Of_Symmetry.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
What do you think of muse /mu/?
>>
Not amazing, used to be good as far as mainstream rock goes, very good live
>>
>>69742972
You accidentally misspelled Radiohead.
>>
Up to Black Holes & Revelations they're fucking great. Wasn't too crazy about The Resistance, and I completely ignored everything else after this.
>>
Used to be good. Now they're even better. The 2nd Law and Drone are objectively GOAT. If you disagree you're wrong.
>>
>>69742972
I liked their first two albums when I was younger, Absolution was alright. After that it went downhill.
>>69743023
I hate this meme. They aren't that similar, except the vocals. Imo Muse are closer to Queen and RATM than to Radiohead
>>
>>69742972
very talented vocal.
nonsense lyrics like most others.
a band that is actually distinguish able from other.
>>
They're shit.
>>
>>69742972
pretty ok for a radiohead cover band
>>
I was never able to respect or take these guys seriously. They were copying Radiohead's sound back when it was cool, just like Coldplay, and now make shitty EDM to stay relevant, just like Coldplay
>>
File: 1482091312646s.jpg (3KB, 163x169px) Image search: [Google]
1482091312646s.jpg
3KB, 163x169px
>NME Magazine voted him the 14th Greatest Rock 'n' roll Hero of all time, ahead of John Lennon and Bob Dylan.
>>
>>69742972
decent overall with some really good songs
>>
My favorite band

Despite all the /mu/ hate for it, if you disregard their last two albums, they're very good. Arguably the best vocalist in rock right now, talented musicians, and Matt Bellamy has a good ear for pop rock melodies, they make a very good trio.
>>
>>69743529
>>69743595
How were they copying radioheads sound. Pls provide me with song examples. The vocal style is very similar, but that's about it imo
>>
>>69742972
Hysteria is fun to play on the bass. I also like a lot of their use of chromaticism but not enough to really listen to them a lot.
>>
>>69743940
You really like The Resistance? I used to be a Muse fan until Absolution, Black Holes was alright but come on
>>
>>69743940
Muse are a bit like James Bond movies, stupid nonsensical overblown shit that you love when you're 13 and if you're not careful, the autism stays forever.
>>
>>69743990
The Resistance is the album that got me into them. Apart from Undisclosed Desires, I think The Resistance is their most theatrical work. The only "experiment" they made that worked.

>>69744039
Sorta, actually.
>>
A shitty Radiohead.
>>
>>69744081
>The Resistance is the album that got me into them
same, Matthew is very talented, but some of their music makes me cringe
>>
>>69744145
They're not that similar actually
>>
>>69744217
if Radiohead is the new Floyd, Muse are the new Queen
>>
>>69744145
>mindlessly repeating things somebody said on the internet
>>
>>69744229
I do think Muse is the equivalent of Queen

>bombastic anthems
>talented vocalist
>top tier shows and performances

Queen had better compositions, but they're very similar
>>
File: 1410075167211.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1410075167211.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>>69744229
>Radiohead is the new Floyd
>mfw radiohead fans actually believe this
>>
My fav band.

They are going downhill pretty hard since BHaR because of cringeworthy lyrics but overall I find their music very enjoyable. Objectively one of the better mainstream rock bands out there.
>>
>>69742972
Only first three albums are good, The rest are awful.
>>
Talented Musicians who don't quite know what they're doing still. But there's some diamonds you find when sifting through all the shit.
>>
>>69742972
There first 3 albums shouldn't be judged on there newer stuff they haven't made a good album in 6 years
>>
I try not to
>>
File: Uno.jpg (42KB, 281x318px) Image search: [Google]
Uno.jpg
42KB, 281x318px
They are the band that got me into music, also the first real band that I ever saw live so they mean a lot to me
Origin of Symmetry is GOAT, Absolution, BH&R, Showbiz and Resistance are good too. 2nd Law had some alright tracks, I could only listen to Drones once
>>
>>69743970
At best, they're like Radiohead if every song was Electioneering. Except they're not even at that level.
>>
>>69746335
one post showbiz muse song that sounds like electioneering please enlighten me
>>
>>69743088
>Queen and RATM

That's even worse though
>>
>>69743070
forreal? More goat than OOS?
>>
>>69746335
>>69746902
still waiting, cmon man prove your point
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.