[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's life being a musican?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1381558319586.jpg (26KB, 382x382px) Image search: [Google]
1381558319586.jpg
26KB, 382x382px
Do you wake up in the morning smelling like shit?
Are you unemployed or a wagecuck? If so do you afford equipment 4 music making?

Do you ever go to the mirror looking at yourself thinking that you're a miserable piece of shit while also trying to drill through your skull like pic related?

What do you do, how is your life. I'm genuinely curious
>>
>Do I smell like shit?
Can't, I have a job.

>Are you unemployed or a wagecuck?
Wagecuck

>Do I Afford equipment?
I use my old acoustic guitar and a mic I lifted from a thrift store.

>Do you ever go to the mirror looking at yourself thinking that you're a miserable piece of shit ?
Yes.

>While also trying to drill through your skull like pic related?
No
>>
>>69736460
>Smell
Eh
>Job?
Wagecuck
>Equipment
Parents were musicians so have a lot of equipment already, PA and all that.
>Piece of shit
Everyday
>Drill
Nay.
>>
>>69736460
>Do you wake up in the morning smelling like shit?
Lmao no
I have a job that I like a lot.
>If so do you afford equipment 4 music making?
Yeah, but lately I choose to spend the money on other stuff.
>Do you ever go to the mirror looking at yourself thinking that you're a miserable piece of shit while also trying to drill through your skull like pic related?
No.
>>
>>69736483
>>69736498
>>69736569
OP here sorry for confusing y'all with those questions, you dont have to answer the questions directly, you can talk about your lives in whatever way you please as long as it has to do with your life as a MUSICIAN.
>>
pi had a goat soundtrack
>>
Only when I've been drinking.
Student, you get paid to study where i live.
>If so do you afford equipment 4 music making?
Stuff comes and goes. In my experience, the more friends you make that play music, the more equipment you have to go around. And never say no to an amp or a speaker or a guitar, even if you don't play that instrument, you'll need it one day.
>Do you ever go to the mirror looking at yourself thinking that you're a miserable piece of shit while also trying to drill through your skull like pic related?
Nah, i kiss my wife good-morning and get on with my day.
Trepanation sounds interesting, but I'll probably delve more into hallucinogens before i drill a hole.
>What do you do, how is your life.
I studied music, tried to make a living playing cover songs at birthdays and teaching music on the side, wasn't my thing. Went back to school, gonna be an engineer, possibly something with sound.
Besides that i play in a godspeed'ish post rock project. Just for the joy of playing gigs and fucking around with mixing and recording.
Pretty content with life to be honest.
>>
>>69736460
Everyone listens to your music, nobody buys it, nobody cares unless some dumb critic likes it, and to get that to happen you need payola.
>>
>>69737569
Trying to build a career as an artist just seems like wasted energy.

Making a good living as a musician is perfectly viable, just need to put the hours in to reach a professional standard.
>>
no
job
sometimes
i prefer not to have to look at myself and i don't own a drill.
>>
>>69736460
Not really.
wagecuck
>do you afford equipment 4 music making?
Enough to be gig ready
Not really
>What do you do, how is your life.
Security guard and sometimes gigging musician. Kinda great in some aspects, and pretty shitty in others.
>>
i'm 18 currently studying jazz and god i hope i'll be good enough to make money from it. thankfully i'm a bassist and also pretty versatile so i can get a few jobs. Something I realized though is that beind good is not enough I'm already working on being chill and professional so it'll be fun working with me.
>>
>>69737604
People who settle are quitters. Aim high and outdo yourself.
>>
>>69737740
I don't mean to put anyone down, just that it's so hard to achieve. You can be as talented and good as you like but you still need insane luck to make it.

If music is somebodies passion, focusing their efforts on a viable career just seems a better option.
>>
>>69737718
Smart. Meditation is your friend. Give it a shot for a month and you'll notice the difference in your stress levels and how personable you are.
>>
>>69737796
how can I meditate? All I know about it is that it requires you do sit with your legs crossed, do something weird with your hands and say ommmmmmmm
>>
>>69737782
It is extremely hard to achieve but you have to be persistent. If you give up you're not a real musician.
>>
>>69737862
https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-English-Bhante-Henepola-Gunaratana/dp/0861719069/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482067640&sr=8-1&keywords=mindfulness+in+plain+english

After you read that, look up Metta (loving-kindness) meditation as well. If you're scientifically-minded, research the benefits, as they're well documented. This isn't crazy woo-woo.
>>
>>69737873
becuase i'm lazy as fuck, poor and already reading a book is there an easier way to learn it?

lmao I guess it's pretty disrespectful thing to say I just don't have the time to learn it right now.
>>
>>69737905
I don't mean to sound disrespectful either, but I'll tell you this: if you don't make this a priority and you ever end up looking into the subject and establishing a practice for a while, you'll regret having postponed meditation, as it solves a lot of problems - emotional, social and intellectual - at once.

You'll like how it improves your motor coordination, for instance.

You can probably find a copy to download.
>>
>>69737933
thanks for bringing it to my attention I won't read the book but i'll try to understand it a little bit from youtube and the internet. better than nothing right?

Stress really is shitty and i see how it hurts people all the time (including me) so anything that can tone it down a bit is good. I already have my own ways of trying to deal with it but I still get stressed sometimes.
>>
>>69737980
Right. Try mindfulness/vipassana meditation videos. There are several types of meditation, but this one is covered in that book.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.