[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

too long couldnt finish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 81gKZI89qHL._SL1500_.jpg (365KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81gKZI89qHL._SL1500_.jpg
365KB, 1500x1500px
too long

couldnt finish
>>
File: 2747894.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2747894.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
Most Alice N Chainz' songs. Same riff for 5-6 minutes. Great riffs, but most of their songs would have been much better if they were half as long.
>>
swans
>>
File: Herbie.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Herbie.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
>>69730733
Try this instead!
>>
>>69730823
best entry album into jazz, in my opinion
>>
>>69730848
You have good opinions then!
>>
>>69730823
yeah orrrrr in a silent way
>>
>>69730733
>listening to post-1940s jazz
pleb
>listening to post-1955 jazz
megapleb
>listening to jazz fusion
turbofaggot
>>
>>69730821
lol wut
>>
i should seriously talk to my doctor about ADHD, i think its been a lifetime problem that went under the radar cause i was a quiet kid
even though it was incredible i just couldn't bring myself to sit through more than 45 minutes or so, even though the tracks are all so short and varied and so great, i just had to do something else
of course being prescribed amphetamines has its own set of problems too. any ADHD anons have advice?
>>
>>69730898
>People actually think Jazz past the 50s isn't worth listening to.

W.E.W.
>>
File: doublenickels.jpg (215KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
doublenickels.jpg
215KB, 600x600px
>>69730945
forgot image
you know you have a problem when not even THIS isn't varied enough to keep you focused for the duration, even though it's amazing
>>
>>69730929
I think they're boring.
>>
>>69730945
>>69730977
Why do you think you have to listen to the whole thing at once?
>>
>>69730823
yeah, this is what got me into jazz
>>
>>69730823
this, uncle meat by zappa and giant steps by coltrane
>>69730848
>>
>>69730977
loooooooooooool

the entire point of double nickels was to annoy people who see all albums as a "cohesive work", which was even more apparent in the vinyl days. you're not supposed to listen to the whole thing at once
>>
>>69733359
People really like my album suggestion which makes me very happy :3
>>
>>69732356
obviously you don't HAVE too but i just see it as the most pure way of appreciating the art
>>
>>69733376
well i guess i got bamboozled oh no
it definitely depends on the album though. there are definitely some albums that are clearly meant as cohesive works. you would be doing yourself a major disservice by splitting up certain albums just because you can
>>
>>69730733
Go track by track. Each track has a lot of subtleties anyway so it's actually worth doing that than trying to go at the whole thing at once.

>>69730821
They aren't the most complex band, but most of their tracks switch things up just during the right time, and they don't have a single track on their good albums that does the same riff for 5-6 minutes. Man In A Box is a popular repetitive track but it's only three minutes long. Jar Of Flies starts with a seven minute long track, but it changes up the riffs quite a bit.

>>69730822
Track by track for all their long compositions. If it's Bring The Sun/Toussaint where it's technically two tracks listen to it all. If it's Soundtracks For The Blind listen to one side at a time.

>>69730823
Not really jazz though. It's just funk with a bit more complex sounds coming in here and there.

>>69730898
There's good stuff either way, and by lambasting post 40s you're shitting on two of the very artists you're presumably trying to champion, Duke Ellington and Charlie Parker. Most fusion outside In A Silent Way is pretty bad jazz though in terms of what one likes about jazz. Great variations on minimalist pop and funk though.

>>69730945
>>69730977
There are few albums that REALLY need to be listened all the way through though. Double Nickles isn't one of them. Double Nickles is purposely built in a way with it's relatively long album length yet with short tracks to where it's a variable experience for all in how they want to experience it.

Your kinda serious point isn't just about ADHD, but about how we consume music in general. It's also the more legit point that the "fuck rockists" threads are trying to bring up outside their troll value on a forum like this.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.